Qantas Money Variable Home Loan
Borrowers can now earn a holiday each year by paying off their home loan; Qantas’ new home loan offers 100,000 Qantas Points every year, for the life of the loan.
If you’re going to be paying off a home loan, why not get rewarded for it? Qantas has ventured beyond flights and insurance into the home loan market and is offering 100,000 Qantas Points for each year of the loan.
Whether you’re an investor or buying your own home to live in, there are options for you at Australia’s largest airline.
Rebecca Pike is Finder's senior writer for money. She joined Finder after almost four years writing for business publications in the mortgage and finance industry, including three years as editor of Mortgage Professional Australia. She regularly appears as a money expert on programs like Sunrise and Today, as well as across radio and newspapers. She also holds an ASIC-recognised Tier 1 Generic Knowledge certification.
The Qantas Money home loan is not only tempting because it offers 100,000 Qantas Points every year, for the life of the loan but it also offers a competitive interest rate. It is important though to make sure that you are considering whether all of the features of the home loan are worthwhile for you. Luckily, the Qantas Money home loan offers features like an optional offset account: although you do need to look out for the $10 monthly fee that comes with. Aside from that, there are no other ongoing fees to worry about, but the application fee is quite high at $495.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Qantas Money home loan?
- Loan purpose.The Qantas Money home loan is for investors and owner-occupiers.
- Loan to value ratio. You can borrow up to 90% of your property's value for new loans or 90% for refinances.
- Loan amount.With this loan, you can borrow up to $3,000,000, with a minimum loan size of $300,000.
- Extra repayments.This loan allows you to make additional repayments up to $20,000.
- Offset account.You have the option of attaching an offset account to your home loan, but at a cost of $10 per month.
- Qantas Points Every year, for the life of the loan you will get 100,000 Qantas Points.
How to apply
To apply for this home loan or learn more about it, click the green button and follow the steps to connect with Qantas and start an application.
To apply for a Qantas Money home loan, visit the Qantas website where you can apply online. The process includes digital verification of identity and settlement processes for most applications.
Make sure you have the relevant documents, as below, to complete your application. The application can be completed in minutes and Qantas will confirm borrower details in real time.
For any problems you can use the system's WebChat during the application, as well as 7-day customer support.
Here are some documents that may be required:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
When applying for a Qantas Money home loan, a borrower should generally meet the following criteria:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
- Qantas Membership. You must be or intend to become a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.