We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
BankSA offers personal loans that allow you to choose between fixed or variable interest rates and a secured or unsecured option. The interest rates and borrowing limits for the secured loan are more favourable than the unsecured loan. As your interest rates are personalised, your credit score will determine how much you pay. If you have an excellent credit score, you can expect to pay lower rates, but if your score isn't great, you could end up paying more in interest.
Compare BankSA's personal loan offerings
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
- Secured Personal Loan. Using your car as security, you can get a loan with a lower interest rate for a term of 1 to 7 years. This comes with a fixed rate with flexible repayments to help you pay off your loan according to your own budget.
- Unsecured Personal Loan. The Unsecured Personal Loan also comes with the option of fixed or variable interest rates. A redraw facility is available for variable rate loans and extra repayments are accepted.
- Unsecured Personal Overdraft. Get access to funds easily and quickly paying interest only on the overdraft limit. The overdraft will be linked directly to your BankSA Complete Freedom or Express Freedom transaction account and will be able to be accessed 24 hours a day.
Features and benefits of a BankSA personal loan
BankSA offers a number of competitive benefits with its personal finance products.
- Fixed or variable rates. Many of its loans give you the choice of fixed between a fixed or variable interest rate. This lets you decide between flexibility or having your repayments remain the same during your loan term.
- Loan terms. Terms are available up to 7 years, making it suitable for a range of needs and situations.
- Various loan amounts available. You can apply for a loan up to $80,000 secured or $50,000 unsecured, helping you to finance whatever you need.
- Flexible repayment options. If you opt for the variable rate loan, you can make extra repayments whenever you like, and you can take advantage of the redraw facility should you need to. All loans come with the option of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments to suit your pay cycle.
What other products are available from BankSA?
BankSA offers a wide range of financial products and services that can be used for personal, business and corporate purposes.
- Bank accounts. Apply for savings accounts, everyday accounts or term deposits with BankSA for your everyday banking needs.
- Home loans. A Standard Variable Rate and Fixed Rate Home Loan are available at competitive rates from BankSA.
- Insurance products. You can opt for Home and Contents Insurance, Car Insurance and even Travel Insurance from the bank.
- Credit cards. Low rate, rewards and no annual fee credit cards are available for application.
- Investments and super. Share trading with its directshares product plus superannuation and term deposits products are available.
Ready to apply?
If you've found a personal loan to apply for from BankSA's suite of products, click "Go to Site" to submit your application. To apply for a personal or car loan from BankSA you'll need to have an Australian residential address and also be 18 or over.
Make sure you have the following details on hand:
- Your current employer's name and contact details
- If you're self-employed, your tax information
- Weekly after-tax income details
- Assets, savings and investments
- Any amounts you owe on your credit cards and store accounts
- Your expenses
- One personal reference including their name, address and contact number
The application won't take longer than 15 minutes, but make sure you've compared your options before submitting your application so you know BankSA is the right lender for you.
More guides on Finder
BankSA Relocation Loan
Bridging finance is one way to buy a property while waiting for your current home to sell, but it can be expensive.
BankSA Basic Home Loan
The Basic Home Loan can be used by owner occupiers or investors buying a property or vacant land.
BankSA Standard Variable Rate Home Loan
Learn more about the BankSA Standard Variable Rate Home Loan.
BankSA Fixed Rate Home Loan
The Bank SA Fixed Rate Home Loan is specifically designed for homeowners and investors for properties and vacant land.
BankSA Advantage Package Fixed Home Loan
A review of the BankSA Advantage Package Fixed home loan. Compare and apply.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and 19.09% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3, 5 or 7 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.49% p.a. and 15.99% p.a. ( 7.41% p.a. to 16.84% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 22.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert