Gateway Car Loan - New Car
Take advantage of a low rate on your car loan from Gateway Bank.
A secured car loan gets you into a new or used car with a lower interest rate than most unsecured car loans. This secured car loan product from Gateway Bank is a flexible product which lets you manage your repayments in the way you want. It has no account-keeping fees and gives you the flexibility to make additional repayments and redraw them if you need to.
Greater Bank changed its name from Greater Credit Union on 1 March 2018. It will remain a member-owned mutual and all product information below is correct.
It should be noted that this loan uses your car as collateral, so if you don't make payments on a secured car loan your lender has the right to sell your car, which is unlike an unsecured car loan.
From 7.04% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Max Loan Amount
Features of Gateway Car Loan - New Car
- Attractive rates: The interest rates that you can make use of on these car loans are competitive, owing to Gateway Bank's commitment to extend competitive deals to consumers. These rates are variable, meaning they can fluctuate in response to economic activity. In addition, as mentioned, these rates are lower due to the fact that they're secured against your car.
- Flexible repayments: With this loan, you can choose a loan term that will match your planned budget. If you're financing a new car, you will have up to 7 years to pay off your loan, but this will be reduced to 5 year(s) if you are buying a used car.
- Loan amounts: The minimum amount that you can get on a Gateway Car Loan - New Car is $3,000 and the maximum amount is $50,000. You can apply for any figure depending on the type of car you are planning to purchase, although as always the amount you're approved for will depend on Gateway Bank's lending criteria. You can make repayments every week, fortnight or month to better suit your salary.
- Repayment options and redraw: A proven way of saving on interest charges is to make additional payments. This loan allows you to do so without penalty. If you're later in need of this cash you can redraw the extra amount. The minimum amount for any redraw is $250.
Gateway Bank's Vehicle Finder Service
Searching for a car to buy can be a daunting and costly affair. Gateway has now gone a step ahead to provide a Vehicle Finder Service, which you can now utilise for a hassle-free and quick search. The Auto Search will also get you the best price where it will make all the necessary negotiations.
Other benefits of using this free service include getting dealer's warranty and receiving advice from experts and getting a REVS check on your car. There are fees that will apply for vehicles that are bought from government auctions. Persons who are not members of Gateway Bank will also be required to settle a fee of $220.
The costs you should consider
There are some fees with the Gateway Car Loan - New Car that you should consider before you apply:
- There's an establishment fee of $149 charged at settlement.
- There are no account-keeping fees.
- There are some loan contract fees that you may be required to pay, such as credit fees and Government charges. Gateway Bank will provide you with such details on forwarding a request.
What do you need to apply?
When lodging your application, there are some personal and financial details that you will be required to provide. You may also be requested to present copies of particular documents as support of the information provided in your application. The income supporting documents that you may need to provide include:
- Pay slips and group certificates
- Business and personal tax returns if you are self-employed
- Bank statements and agent reports on rental properties
- Information on Government Assistance payments
- Regular earnings from sources like shares
In relation to your expenses, you may be asked to provide supporting documents on rent payments, mortgage payments, hire purchase or loan payments, council and water rates, living expenses, car expenses, education costs, insurance and child care. Gateway can also request you to provide dealer invoice and registration papers.
The application process for a Gateway Car Loan - New Car
- Contact Gateway- you can do this by:
- Completing an online enquiry by clicking 'apply' and providing some basic details
- Printing an application form, which you should then complete and an email or fax to Gateway Bank
- Applying through online banking (only for registered members)
- Verification- this will follow immediately after application and there are some documents that you will be required to provide. You should be ready to provide them since they will play an important role in supporting the information in your application.
- Approval and acceptance- this is where you will be required to sign the necessary documentation relating to the loan contract. The required funds on your Gateway Car Loan - New Car will be provided once these are returned.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.45% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.29% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 5.69% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed or variable rate depending on the lender you are approved with
Apply for up to $250,000 and use cash or trade in a vehicle to use as a deposit. Optional balloon payment available.