Gateway Bank Personal Loans
Gateway Bank offers a range of competitive personal loans – find out if they meet your financing needs.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
As part of its suite of products, Gateway Bank offers a range of personal loans to its members. Whether you’re looking to buy a car, renovate your home or take a holiday, Gateway has a loan designed with you in mind.
Gateway Bank personal loan comparison
- Personal Loan. Renovate your home or go on holiday with a personal loan from Gateway Bank. You could borrow between $3,000 and $30,000 for your personal needs. This loan can be repaid over a period of up to 7 years. This loan could offer a debt consolidation solution for those wanting to reduce what they pay in interest.
- Car Loan. The Car Loan package can be used to finance a new or used vehicle. Gateway has competitive interest rates for this loan, but the exact rate you will receive depends on a variety of factors. You can also access discounts on car insurance.
- Funeral loans. If you can't cope with the unexpected costs of a funeral, consider Gateway Bank's Funeral Loan. The loan allows you to borrow funds for prepaid funerals and also lets you access additional funds without penalty.
Features and benefits of a Gateway Bank personal loan
- No account-keeping fees. Unlike some other financial institutions that charge a minimum of $10 a month as account-keeping fees, Gateway Bank does not charge this fee for its members.
- Loan term of up to 7 years. The repayment time frame can be extended to 7 years if you have a variable rate loan, while the limit is 5 years for fixed interest rate loans.
- Flexible repayment schedule. Make your repayments every week, every fortnight or every month.
- Unrestricted additional repayments. Gateway gives you the freedom to make additional repayments to save on interest costs and pay off your loan sooner.
What other products does Gateway Bank offer?
- Home Loans. The bank has a variety of home loan packages to suit the needs of various types of home buyers.
- Transaction Accounts. These accounts are designed to offer convenient everyday banking solutions.
- Term Deposits. Place your savings in a term deposit account to earn higher interest rates compared to average savings accounts.
How you can apply for a personal loan from Gateway Bank
To apply for a personal loan with Gateway, just click "Go to Site" to start your application. You can either download and fill in the application form or if you are an existing member you can apply via Internet banking. The process is quick and simple. You simply need to determine the type of loan you want, the interest rate – either fixed or variable – and the amount you want to apply for.
Make sure you meet the below criteria to ensure you're eligible to apply:
- You're at least 18 years of age
- You're a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- You are currently employed
- You receive a regular income
- You haven't declared bankruptcy or insolvency or had defaults on any loans, credit cards, interest-free finance or store cards in the last five years
Your submission should include the following documents:
- Income. Gross and net salary information and income from shares or other sources.
- Employment. Information regarding your employment.
- Assets. Approximate values of any property, vehicles, savings or superannuation.
- Liabilities. Your current loan balances, repayment amounts, credit card and overdraft limits.
Compare your loan options before deciding on the right product for you, but if a personal loan from Gateway Bank sounds like the right option for you, apply today.
More guides on finder
Bank Australia Commercial Visa credit card
Designed to help you track business spending, this Bank Australia credit card offers cards for employees and interest-free days on purchases.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Endeavour Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Endeavour Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors.
Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Sydney Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors. Available with a 5% deposit.
ebroker Business Loans review
Whatever your business loan requirement, ebroker may be able to help. With a range of loan options from over 70 bank and non-bank lenders compared on-site, could you find the right loan for your business?
Now Finance Secured Personal Loan review
Get rewarded for an excellent credit score with a Now Finance personalised rate secured personal loan. Rates vary between 5.95% p.a. and 15.45% p.a. Apply today.
CommBank Neo card
A new type of credit card to the Australian market, the CommBank Neo doesn’t charge any interest but has a monthly fee instead. Find out more in our comprehensive review.
Nova Alliance Bank Visa Credit Card
This Visa credit card offers a low interest rate, a $45 annual fee and mobile payments with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Alex Personal Loan review
Alex is a neobank lender specialising in personalised rate personal loans. Find out more about Alex's personal loans and what fees and features are involved.
nmoni personal loans review
nmoni is an Australian lender that offers personal loans to both good and bad credit applicants. Find out more about nmoni's rates, fees and features.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.
Ask an Expert