Ford Ranger finance comparison table
Why the Ford Ranger?
What reasons can we give you to help you narrow down your ute selection?
- The Ford Ranger is very well reviewed.
- It's supposed to be great off-road.
- Value-wise it's also pretty good, not the cheapest, but with a solid level of equipment.
- It looks chunky and mean.
- That 2.0-litre engine is rather frugal, while packing a powerful punch.
- It's a competent alternative to the HiLux.
- It's popular.
- It's reportedly well constructed.
What to look for in a Ford Ranger loan
If you could design a perfect car loan, it would have the following features:
- A low-interest rate
- No application fees
- No monthly fee
- Affordable monthly repayments
- Payment flexibility, for example, if you wanted to pay back extra one month
The more of the above that is true about a prospective loan, the closer you are to finding a competitive car loan.
How to compare car loans for the Ford Ranger
Many drivers will be buying the ute as a business or commercial vehicle. If that's the case for you, check our business car loan comparison guide.
If you're a private buyer, the next thing you need to think about is the types of finance on offer.
We help you compare secured and unsecured car loans. With a secured loan, the lender registers an interest in the vehicle. Consequently, if you fail to meet your repayments agreement, they'll legally be in a position to recover it. A secured car loan typically has the benefit of a lower rate of interest because of the security held against the loan.
Another factor to take into consideration, lenders often require the funds of a secured car loan be spent purely on the car purchase. If you need to borrow a bit more to cover things like insurance or other on-road costs, look at an unsecured car loan. These loans won't have as keen an interest rate, so you'll pay a little more over the loan term. However, there are fewer conditions attached to how you use the money.
Don't forget to weigh in application fees, early repayment charges and other costs. Those can quickly add-up!
What other Ford Ranger finance options are there?
As well as a secured car loan, you could finance a Ford Ranger using:
- An unsecured car loan - This type of personal loan gives you the freedom to spend the borrowed money on other purchases unrelated to the Ford Ranger.
- A novated lease - Ideal for employees, this type of finance may have tax benefits
- A chattel mortgage - Ideal for Ford Ranger business buyers
- Dealer finance - Dealer finance provided by your Ford dealer. This type of Ford Ranger finance often carries attractive interest rates, but maybe packaged with balloon/residual payments.
How to use the above car finance comparison tool
To see examples of Ford Ranger loans, enter the total you need to borrow and select the term in years. The longer the borrowing period, the lower the payments should be month to month. That can help make a Ranger match your budget. To do a quick mental calculation, the difference is more or less in line with the years of the loan, so a three-year loan will be roughly twice the monthly repayment of a seven-year agreement. Don't forget, the longer you take out a loan, the more you'll have to repay in interest.
Find loans puzzling? Don't worry, we've got your back. Our car loans guide breaks down the application process and jargon into every day, easy to comprehend English. You can thank us later!
Recent car reviews
- 2023 Citroen C5 Aircross Sport review
- McLaren 750S touches down in Australia
- Victoria’s EV tax scrapped: Motorists set to save $378
- 2023 CUPRA Born review
- Volvo EX30 launched in Australia
More guides on Finder
DiDi car rentals
Find out more about how you can be a driver with DiDi, even if you don't own your own car. Rent a car and start making money using the ridesharing platform.
Lamborghini finance Australia
Find out how you can finance a Lamborghini today.
Car sharing may change how we view our vehicles
Changing lifestyles could make car ownership a less convenient option.
Automotive industry launches airbag safety campaign
Easily find out if your car is affected by the Takata airbag recall.
Benefit from a range of finance options when looking to purchase a Mercedes-Benz.
Australian Vs. USA car prices 2017
Aussies are paying up to 185.14% extra for vehicles compared to our American friends.
Looking to purchase a new Nissan? Compare all of your financing options.
Hyundai finance options
Make sure to consider these Hyundai financing options before you buy a new or used Hyundai
Cheap Car Loans Australia (2023)
When you're shopping around for a new car, you surely want the cheapest car loan possible.
Car loan repayment calculator
Our car loan repayment calculator will help you work out how much your monthly, weekly or fortnightly car loan repayments will be to help you budget.
Ask an Expert