Tired of the same old electricity providers? Learn all about newcomer Mojo Power and its unique subscription-based energy plans.
⚡ Electricity plans available in NSW and parts of QLD
Mojo Power ("Mojo") is an Australian electricity retailer. It seeks to make a fair profit that is reflective of the true costs of providing their service and one that is not dependent on using more electricity.
Instead, they charge a flat monthly subscription that gives you access to their wholesale energy prices. It is because of this that they are one of the only providers in Australia who don't profit from your energy consumption.
What plans does Mojo Power offer?
Mojo Power doesn’t simply retail electricity, and doesn’t use typical plans. Instead, you sign up for one of the EnergyPass® membership plans. For further details, head to their website. You can make the switch easily by choosing from two different payment options:
- Annual subscription. Pay on a year-by-year basis. Please note that annual fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable.
- Monthly subscription. Pay on a month-by-month basis. You will pay your first month when you sign up initially with Mojo Power, with bills being sent to you on each following month. Please note that the monthly fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable.
Plan benefits explained
- Wholesale energy rates: All EnergyPass® memberships let you start accessing wholesale energy rates.
- Smart Meter upgrade: Mojo Power will upgrade you to a Smart Meter so you can monitor your own energy usage online and more closely manage bills.
- Phone support: All customers have access to email and online chat support, but only the Premium EnergyPass® offers a dedicated over the phone support team.
What are the benefits of joining Mojo Power?
A Mojo Power EnergyPass® membership gets you access to electricity at wholesale rates, but there are other benefits too:
- No expiry date on discounts. Typical energy companies only offer discounts that last for the first 12 or 24 months. With Mojo Power you’ll keep getting Mojo's lowest wholesale rates year after year.
- Reduced cost for paying fees annually. Pay your EnergyPass® subscription fee in advance annually and you will get the first four months for free.
- No exit fees, no fixed contract terms. You’re free to leave any time you like without any penalties.
- Live-chat, email support and an energetic Mojo Power community mean help of many different kinds is available 24/7. Over-the-phone assistance, however, is only available for Premium members.
- Use MyMojo to manage your account online. Update personal information, manage payments and do much more wherever you are.
- No paper bills. A real paperless provider, Mojo Power won’t send you paper bills. It manages all communications through SMS and email, for a greener, cleaner and more convenient way of doing things.
How do I become a Mojo Power member?
Get access to power at wholesale rates by becoming a Mojo Power member is quick, easy and can be done online. Just visit Mojo Power's website, pick an EnergyPass® and sign up.
Switching from another provider is also a straightforward process:
- Simply enter your postcode, choose your EnergyPass®, then sit back and let Mojo Power take care of the rest.
- If you change your mind, you have 10 days after switching to back out. After these 10 days Mojo Power will contact your electricity distributor to have them read your meter free of charge (please note you must of also made your first EnergyPass® payment). This is when the switch is finalised and Mojo Power emails you a confirmation.
How can I pay my bills?
The easiest way to manage your account and pay the bills is with MyMojo, an intuitive way to manage your energy bills online. MyMojo allows you to:
- Set up automatic payments.
- See all your old and new bills side by side to compare them over time.
- Update your preferred payment method and details.
Available payment methods are credit card payments or direct bank transfers. Your bill will be direct debited from your bank account or nominated credit card three business days after your electricity bill has been issued. Your EnergyPass® payments are payable in advance and are non-refundable. Mojo Power accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
How do I seek help or assistance?
Depending on the situation, you have different options:
- Call your local distributor for outages and issues involving power lines or your meter, using the 24 hour emergency phone number that should be prominently shown at the top of your energy bill.
- Chat with Mojo Power member assistance online at their website, or send them an email.
- Premium EnergyPass® members can call the Mojo helpline 24/7 for extra assistance.