Want to protect your business with the help of an industry leader? Compare the benefits of Vero Business Insurance and speak with an adviser today.
Vero is one of the most renown names in Australian general insurance and is used by thousands of small to medium businesses nationwide. A member of the Suncorp Group, Vero has a 180 year old heritage and enjoys an A+ rating with Standard & Poor’s Rating Services.
Vero Enterprise has a range of business insurance options tailored closely to the needs of Australian businesses including:
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- Commercial Motor Insurance
- Construction and Engineering Insurance
From start-ups through to major corporations, Vero's products can be tailored to the cover requirements of a whole range of businesses. This review will provide an overview of the different types of cover available from Vero. If you are ready to make an enquiry for cover, simply enter your business details in the form below and a consultant will be in touch.
If you are ready to speak with a consultant about different business insurance options available, simply enter your details in the form. Keep reading if you want to learn more about the different types of cover available.
- Motor Trade
- Retail Services
- Professional Services
- Mobile Business
- Commercial Motor
- Business Insurance.
This guide looks at each of these products in turn and summarises the cover they provide for Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
Motor Trade Cover
This product provides insurance for those in the Motor Trade including mechanics, panel beaters and spray painters. Cover includes:
- Fire and defined events – covers damage caused to your property due to unforeseen (defined) occurrences such as fire
- Theft – covers loss of contents and stock as a result of theft
- Glass – covers glass including internal glass partitions and external windows
- Breakdown – covers breakdown of machinery, computers and electronic equipment
- Data restoration – covers the cost of rewriting business computer records following a computer breakdown
- Increased costs of working – covers costs associated with a computer breakdown, such as hiring alternative equipment and additional staff
- Deterioration of stock – covers the cost of replacing stock that has deteriorated or spoiled after the breakdown of refrigerators or freezers
- Money – covers business monies kept on the premises, on your person and during transit
- Portable and valuable items – covers damage to portable items such as tools and laptops (worldwide coverage)
- Management liability – covers management liability of business owners, directors, officers and employees
- Business interruption – covers loss of income and additional increased costs due to business interruption
- Goods in transit – covers loss or damage to goods or stock while it is in transit
- Legal liability – covers liability for third party injury and property damage
- Professional risks – covers civil liability for costs associated with negligence claims (involving acts, errors or omissions) while providing professional services
- Tax probe – covers professional fees incurred in connection with an official audit by an authority such as the ATO
- Commercial motor – covers customers’ vehicles while they are in your care and offers a choice of cover for your own business vehicles.
Retail Services Cover
This product provides insurance for those in Retail Services such as department stores, restaurants and specialty shops. The cover provided is identical to that for the Motor Trade, apart from the Commercial motor section at the end, which does not include cover for customers’ vehicles.
And Vero can help you tailor your policy to make it an even better fit. This could include measures such as providing cover for seasonal increases in benefit limits (i.e. Christmas and Easter), when stock levels are considerably higher in many retail businesses.
Professional Services Cover
This product covers those who provide professional services to the public such as doctors, accountants and business consultants. While it also provides the standard cover offered to the Motor Trade and Retail Services, Vero can help you tailor it further to suit your particular professional circumstances. Examples could include:
- Providing cover for drugs kept on the premises, in the case of doctors and medical clinics
- Providing optional additional cover for employee dishonesty in your Management Liability cover, to protect yourself against employee fraud.
Mobile Business Cover
This product covers those who run a mobile business, such as tradespeople and those who work from home. It too includes the standard cover provided in Vero’s other business products, with two notable exceptions.
Vero’s Mobile Business cover also includes optional cover for GPS navigation equipment plus optional defect and trade practices liability for Queensland electricians and Victorian plumbers.
Commercial Motor Cover
This product is tailored specifically for businesses with less than 15 vehicles and can be purchased as a stand-alone product or as part of an insurance package.
It offers a choice of Comprehensive cover, Legal Liability Fire & Theft cover or Legal Liability Only cover and provides cover for sedans, utilities, 4WDs and vans up to 2 tonne carrying capacity. It also covers trucks up to 5 tonne and mobile machinery and earthmoving equipment, providing they are not used to generate the primary source of income.
Optional covers available for vehicles up to 2 tonne include windscreen excess waiver, rental vehicle following an accident and protected no claims bonus.
This product covers those with more complex insurance needs such as wholesalers, manufacturers and commercial property owners. As well as the standard covers offered in Vero Business Insurance, their Business Insurance can include options relevant to your specific needs.
Examples could include:
- Business Interruption Insurance with a choice of cover for reductions in either Gross Profit or Gross Income
- Management Liability Insurance with optional cover for employee dishonesty.
Association Liability Cover from Vero is designed for not-for-profit organisations. It provides personal liability cover when office bearers and employees breach their duty, plus it also covers the organisation’s liability.
Cover features include:
- Professional indemnity cover for the provision of professional services by the organisation
- Cover for any liability claims brought against the association
- Office bearer’s liability cover, including reimbursement for any claims against directors, officers or employees
- Employment practice liability cover, which offers protection in the event of discrimination and wrongful dismissal claims
- Legal representation expenses
- Fidelity cover
Directors and Officers Liability
Vero Directors and Officers Liability Insurance offers protection against a wide range of risks faced by directors and officers, providing guaranteed peace of mind. Cover features include:
- Personal protection for directors and officers against regulatory and legal action
- Representation costs at inquiries
- Company reimbursement cover to cover the cost of your legal defence or any damages awarded
- Company securities cover, which offers protection when securities claims are made against the company
- Cover for defence costs at OH&S proceedings
- Cover for pecuniary penalties
Employment and Practices Liability
Vero Employment and Practices Liability Insurance offers protection for a wide range of claims that may be made against your company by employees, including:
- Wrongful dismissal or termination of employment
- Wrongful discrimination
- Sexual or workplace harassment
- Wrongful deprivation of career opportunity
- Wrongful demotion or disciplinary action
This policy is designed for large private organisations, public organisations and some not-for-profit groups. It covers legal liability, defence costs and much more.
Vero Management Liability Insurance is designed to cover an extensive range of management liabilities for small to medium private companies. This includes cover for:
- Directors and officers liability
- Company liability
- Company reimbursement
- Employment practice liability
- Trustee liability
- Business crisis consultant fees
- Legal consultation
The policy also covers defence costs for OH&S and pollution claims, including representation expenses and pecuniary penalties.
Medical Malpractice Liability
Vero Medical Malpractice Insurance provides cover for the complex range of claims risks faced by the operators of medical centres, clinics and day surgeries. Cover features include:
- Civil liability cover for claims related to the healthcare services you provide. For example, claims of liability under consumer protection legislation, or for breaches of patient confidentiality
- Vicarious liability for acts, errors and omissions of medical practitioners
- Cover for claims of employee dishonesty or Medicare benefits fraud
- Statutory liability cover for defence costs relating to OH&S and environmental law, as well as fines or penalties imposed under OH&S or environmental law
- Public relations expenses to combat negative publicity
- Compensation for court attendance
Vero Professional Indemnity Insurance can provide much-needed cover if you or your employees provide professional services that involve specialised knowledge or expertise. The policy covers:
- Civil liability arising from the provision of professional services, for example libel or the infringement of intellectual property rights
- Legal defence costs
- Lost documents cover
- Inquiry costs
- Liability for employee dishonesty
- Compensation for court attendance
- Public relations costs to help protect or restore the reputation of your business
- Indemnity for individual contractors and work experience personnel
- Liability protection for spouses
- Up to two hours of free legal consultation
- Excess reduction incentive available in certain circumstances
- Mitigation of loss extension and privacy breach costs extension also available
Superannuation Fund Trustees Liability
Superannuation Fund Trustees Liability Insurance from Vero is designed to offer crucial protection for the trustees of superannuation funds. It protects trustees against actual or alleged wrongful acts, including:
- Legal liability for wrongful acts committed in connection with the superannuation fund
- Judgement and settlement costs
- Defence costs for some claims
Designed for employer-run superannuation funds, Vero Superannuation Fund Trustees Liability Insurance also covers the fund, the employer company (including its directors and employees), and members of the fund’s policy committee.
Vero’s Marine division offers the following three insurance products:
- Marine Hull Insurance. This policy offers protection against a range of risks for a variety of vessels, including:
- Cover for passenger vessels and tourist vessels
- Cover for tug and barge operations, fishing vessels and dredges
- Cover for coastal trading and port operation vessels
Cover is also included for innocent owners or mortgagees, loss of charter hire and loss of earnings.
- Marine Liability Insurance. Specialist Marine Liability Insurance from Vero offers the following types of protection:
- Charterers liability
- Port authority liability
- Stevedores liability
- Terminal operators liability
- Ship repairers liability
- Marine contractors liability
- Marina operators liability
- Marine Transit Insurance. Vero Marine Transit Insurance is designed to help your business keep goods moving, whether they are in transit within Australia or around the world. You can choose cover on an annual basis or for a single transit, while there are policies available to cover accidental damage, combined cargo, household removals, import/export, livestock, temperature-controlled goods and more.
Commercial Motor Insurance from Vero is designed to help your business stay mobile. With cover for everything from cars to light trucks, Vero Commercial Motor Insurance includes emergency repairs, theft or attempted theft, fire and legal liability.
There are two types of cover to choose from:
- Enterprise Commercial Motor Insurance. Designed to get business vehicles back on the road as quickly as possible, this policy offers 24/7 paperless claims lodgement, guaranteed repairs for life and a choice of repair options.
- Commercial Motor Fleet Insurance. This Vero policy offers comprehensive cover and legal liability cover to protect your business vehicles. Comprehensive insurance covers theft, loss or damage caused by a wide range of insured events, while the maximum legal liability cover available is $30 million.
How do I claim with Vero?
Making a claim with Vero is as simple as contacting the appropriate claims department. Each has operatives with specialist knowledge of their product and they will do their best to help you process your claim as quickly as possible. To make lodgement easier, be sure to have the following information at hand when you call:
- Your policy number and name of the insured
- The date and time of the loss
- A description of the loss, including the cause and extent of the damage
- The situation that led to the loss
- Your business GST Details (i.e. ABN number etc)
- An idea of how, when and how often you wish to be contacted by Vero in relation to the progress of your claim.
To lodge your claim, simply call 1300 888 073 to talk to the appropriate claims department. You can also email claims-related queries to email@example.com.Back to top
Running a business is a bit like being a tightrope walker. You’re exposed to risk on a daily basis and putting one foot wrong can lead to disaster. That’s why business insurance tailored to your specific needs is so important and why Vero is proving such a popular choice for SMEs all over Australia. If your ready to compare Vero Business Insurance options with a broker, simply enter your business details in the form above and a broker will be in touch. A broker will help you compare what's available and assist you with your application after providing you with a quote for cover.