Elders Farm Insurance
Elders Farm Insurance tailors cover to your unique needs
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Elders insurance has a long history of providing financial protection to rural and regional Australians. The insurer has a wide range of farm insurance options to choose from so you only need to pay for the cover that you need. We'll talk you through the options below.
What types of cover does Elders farm insurance offer?
Elders Farm Insurance policy provides a variety of cover that protects commercial farm operators and lifestyle farms. Here are a few things you can get cover for:
Home cover provides protection for your home and belongings from insured events or accidental damage. Some other benefits include:
- Cover for fusion of electric motor
- Cover for illegal use of credit cards
- Cover for contents in transit
- Cover for temporary accommodation
Protection for your rural property, including buildings, livestock, machinery, silage and grain from insured events or accidental damage. Some of the additional benefits include:
- Replanting trees
- Fire prevention and extinguishment costs
- Employees belongings cover
Farm Liability cover provides protection for third party claims when an accident happens from your farming business. Some of the additional and optional benefits include:
- Property in your physical or legal control
- Farm hosting (optional)
- Aerial spraying (optional)
Provides protection in case any of your motor vehicles used in your farming business are accidentally or maliciously damaged, stolen or involved in any accidents. Some of the additional benefits include:
- Hire vehicle costs following theft
- Removal of vehicle debris
- Replacing or recoding locks and/or keys
What's not included in an Elders Farm Insurance policy?
These are the things that are not covered by the Elders Farm Insurance policy. To find out exactly what these are, refer to the general exclusions and specific exclusions in the product disclosure statement (PDS). Some of the general exclusions under the Elders Farm Insurance policy include:
- Any loss or damage resulting from war or terrorism.
- Any intentional damage by you, a member of your family or a person acting with your consent.
- Any claims made or actions instituted within any country, state or territory outside of Australia that require insurance to be issued by a licenced provider in that country, territory or state.
- Any liability to provide cover, pay any claim or provide any benefit that breaches any sanctions, prohibitions, or restrictions under United Nations resolutions or any other applicable trade or economic sanctions.
- Any loss caused directly or indirectly by inhalation of exposure to or presence of asbestos.
- Any loss caused directly or indirectly by pollution.
There are also policy conditions, excess and limits/sub-limits on covers and additional benefits.
How to make a claim
If you need to make a claim, you can speak to the local Elders insurance agent that has been assigned to you. The name of your Elders insurance agent can be found on your renewal form, as will their contact details. They will put through your claim for you personally. If you're unsure who your local agent is, you can find them here or contact the Elders Insurance National Claims Line on 1300 554 184.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 44% off pocket umbrellas, 25% off Dell G7 17 gaming laptops, 71% off IPX7 waterproof wireless headphones.
How to find safe, secure and affordable boat storage near you.
How to find the best car storage facility to keep your set of wheels safe and secure.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
How to compare gold storage options and find a secure solution that works for you.
Best self-help books in Australia
These are the 6 best self-help books you can buy right now in Australia.
Fixtures and fittings: Why they matter in home insurance
Knowing the difference between fixtures and fittings can help you decide which home insurance policy is right for you.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
How to start a delivery business
The skills, equipment and legal documents needed to start a delivery business.
Reddit stocks: 10 stocks on the WallStreetBets radar
Reddit has long been home to a huge retail investing community called WallStreetBets. Find out how to get the latest Reddit-tipped stocks here.
Ask an Expert