Who is Alliance Insurance?
Alliance is an Australian insurance brokering network with a client base in excess of 15,000. One of the largest networks in Australia, Alliance offers an extensive range of insurance solutions to its customers. Its product range includes business insurance, home insurance, motor insurance, travel insurance and landlord’s insurance.
What Types of Business Insurance Does Alliance Provide?
- Construction and Builders Warranty Insurance. This type of cover is offered to commercial and residential builders and owner builders. It provides protection against the loss of, or damage to, the building during either a construction or maintenance period. Designed to provide the cover required under a construction contract, Alliance’s Construction and Builders Warranty Insurance covers existing buildings not part of the contract works, constructional plant, materials in transit or storage, and public liability. Licensed builders, owner builders and property developers can benefit from this form of cover.
- Business and Office Insurance. This type of cover is designed to protect a business against losses caused by unforeseen circumstances and events. Alliance allows businesses to tailor their Business and Office Insurance policy to suit their specific needs. Covers available include Fire and Defined Events Accidental Damage, Business Interruption, Theft, Glass and Money. Alliance specialises in offering insurance packages to small- to medium-sized businesses.
- Industrial Special Risks Insurance. This type of policy is designed to offer property damage and consequential loss cover for medium or large companies with multiple locations and a high value of assets that need to be insured. Industrial Special Risks Insurance covers physical assets including buildings, stock, plant and machinery. Cover also stretches to the loss, destruction or damage of any personal property owned by the insured, while business interruption cover is also included.
- Public Liability Insurance. Public liability insurance covers you when you are legally liable for causing bodily injury or property damage to a third party. Also including Products Liability cover, this policy offers protection to home businesses, shopping centres, swimming pools, carnivals and other events. This cover is essential for any business that regularly deals with the general public, and it covers you if you breach your duty of care. This policy covers the legal costs associated with your defence, as well as for any compensation you are legally required to pay.
- Corporate Travel Insurance. Both small businesses and large companies can benefit from this cover from Alliance. It offers essential coverage for business employees while they are travelling within Australia or internationally. If something goes wrong during travel — this could be a medical emergency, lost baggage, flight delays, a car accident or a host of other unforeseen events — your business could be left to cover a significant expense bill. Corporate Travel Insurance offers financial protection against a wide array of travel risks.
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Fleet Insurance. This cover is designed to offer protection for commercially used vehicles, whether they be sedans, vans, four-wheel drives, goods carriers, forklifts or any type of heavy machinery. The following policies are available from Alliance: Comprehensive Third Party, Fire & Theft, and Third Party Property Damage. Commercial Motor Vehicle Fleet Insurance helps your business stay mobile and protects you against significant financial loss.
- Marine Transit Insurance. Marine Transit Insurance from Alliance provides cover for the loss of or damage to ships, cargo and terminals, as well as the transport and storage of goods and cargo. Any business that transports goods by boat or any other form of watercraft can benefit from this type of policy. It covers the damage or theft of goods in transit, as well as warehouses where cargo is stored, loading and unloading, and a host of other features. Covers available include Single Transit, Annual Marine Cargo, Goods in Transit, Carriers Cargo Liability and Carriers Goods in Transit.
- Commercial Property Owners Insurance. This Alliance business insurance policy provides comprehensive coverage for commercial properties valued at up to $200 million. It includes protection against the cost resulting from issues like machinery breakdown, material damage, commercial liability and legal costs associated with OH&S. Glass damage and crime-related damage are included in this policy, as is coverage for loss of income. Alliance offers a flexible approach to help businesses tailor a Commercial Property Owners Insurance policy to suit their needs.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance. This type of policy is designed to offer protection for professionals who offer their expert advice or service to their clients. If a professional makes an error or omission during their work that causes a client to suffer a loss, the client may seek damages by levelling a claim of negligence against the professional. This is where Professional Indemnity Insurance comes in. This policy offers protection against any claims that you have breached your professional duty. Alliance offers this cover for accountants, financial planners, architects, designers, IT consultants, engineers, business consultants, lawyers, solicitors, real estate agents and more.
- Strata Insurance. This Alliance policy offers cover for both residential and commercial buildings that have been registered under strata or unit title legislation. You can choose to insure the building itself or the building and its common contents. Cover available under the policy includes building and common contents, machinery breakdown, electronic equipment, voluntary workers accident only, fidelity guarantee and legal liability. This type of cover is essential for any body corporate.
- Management Liability Insurance. Managing a company exposes directors and officers to a range of risks, so Management Liability Insurance is designed to offer protection against many of those risks. The main focus is on cover for mismanagement, aiming to prevent the company and its directors from losing business or personal assets, or even losing the company. Cover includes Directors and Officers, company reimbursement, corporate liability, employment practices liability, crime/fidelity, statutory liability, damages and claimant costs awarded against you, defence costs, investigation costs, civil fines and pecuniary penalties.
Alliance Business Insurance FAQs
Q. How can I make a claim with Alliance?
- A. In order to make a claim, the first thing you need to do is contact Alliance and speak with one of the company’s dedicated claims staff. They will be able to help you with the claims process. A large number of claims can be lodged over the phone, though all claims will require a claim form to be completed. Keep in mind that the amount of excess on your policy will also influence your ability to make a claim. For example, if your claim is for damages less than the amount of the excess you would have to pay, you cannot make a claim. For more information on making a claim with Alliance and the company’s claims handling process, contact the Alliance office.
Q. How can I check on the progress of my claim?
- A. Simply contact the Alliance office. One of the company’s dedicated claims staff will then be able to update you on the progress of your claim and answer any pertinent questions you may have.
Q. How much excess will I have to pay when making a claim?
- A. The amount of excess you will be required to pay can vary quite markedly depending on the type of policy you have. In order to find out more information about your excess, refer to your policy schedule or contact Alliance directly and quote your policy number.
Q. How can I find the right insurance policy for my business?
- A. Finding the best insurance cover for your business is all about shopping around. Do your research, seek recommendations from others in your industry, and use finder.com.au’s comparison tools to weigh up the pros and cons of a number of policies. It’s also a great idea to enlist the help of a qualified and experienced insurance broker. A broker can take the time to understand how your business works and the risks you face, before helping you find and take out cover that suits your specific needs.
Alliance Insurance offers a host of policies to suit the insurance needs of a wide range of businesses. Make sure to compare Alliance’s offerings with other products on the Australian market before deciding on the right insurance provider for your business.