Bank Australia Car Loan
Help save the earth while saving money with a low interest car loan that offsets your car's carbon emissions.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Factors to consider before taking out the Bank Australia Car Loan
With the Bank Australia Car Loan, you can finance a new or used vehicle up to seven years old at a fixed interest rate of 6.45% p.a. The loan comes with a one-time establishment fee of $150 but no annual fees. You can make extra repayments whenever you like and car and loan protection insurances can also be arranged.
Features of the Bank Australia Car Loan
- Discounted interest rate for green vehicles. The current fixed interest rate is 6.45% p.a. with a comparison rate of 6.66% p.a., but you will receive a 1% rate discount if you use a low emission vehicle.
- No establishment fee for safe and green vehicles. If your vehicle has a 5-star ANCAP safety rating or a 7+ star greenhouse safety rating you will not pay the $150 establishment fee.
- Your vehicle's greenhouse gas emissions will be offset. For the duration of the loan, the greenhouse gas emissions produced by your vehicle will be offset by Bank Australia.
- Loan term. The loan term is flexible. Up to 7 years for a new car purchase and five years for a used car.
- Loan amount. There are no stipulated loan limits as each loan application is individually assessed.
- Repayment options. You can make extra repayments at no additional cost and save on interest payments when you repay your loan sooner than the contracted term.
Fees and charges to consider
An establishment fee of $150 applies, but this fee is waived for vehicles that meet a 5-star ANCAP rating and/or a 7+ greenhouse rating.
How to apply for the Bank Australia Car Loan
To apply for a Bank Australia Car Loan, click on the green “Go to Site” button on this page. Then, simply fill out the bank’s online application form to be considered for your loan. Before you do so, make sure you fulfil these requirements:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Income. You must have a regular income.
- Financial standing. You must have no history of bankruptcy.
You will also be required to provide the following:
- Identification. This includes details of your passport or driver’s licence or your Medicare card.
- Personal information. This includes personal details such as your date of birth and residential history.
- Financial information. This includes details pertaining to your assets, existing loans and monthly expenses.
- Employment. This includes details of your current job and income.
With competitive rates and fees, the Bank Australia Car Loan promises to benefit both your pocket and the earth. To ensure this is the right loan for you, make sure you compare all your car loan options before applying.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.45% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.29% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 5.69% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed or variable rate depending on the lender you are approved with
Apply for up to $250,000 and use cash or trade in a vehicle to use as a deposit. Optional balloon payment available.