How to join the Velocity Frequent Flyer program for free to earn Velocity Points in the air and on everyday purchases to redeem for a variety of rewards.
The Velocity Frequent Flyer Rewards Program is Virgin Australia’s frequent flyer scheme that allows customers to earn Velocity Points whenever they fly with the airline or any of its international partners. Not only can customers earn points, but they also can take advantage of the many flights offered, including one-stop flights to Europe, flights to the America, Asia, the Middle East and more.
Members of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program can also earn points all over the world by using the program’s network of partners, including hotels, car hire companies, travel assistance, insurance companies and more. Additionally, customers using a credit card that is linked to the Velocity program will be able to earn double the points, because they will be earning points by using their cards as well as with program partners.
How to join the Velocity Frequent Flyer program
The steps you can follow and details you'll need to sign up to the Velocity loyalty program for free online.
- Personal Details. Your full name.
(Important: Make sure your First and Last name match up with your passport)
- Contact Information. Your country, address, mobile and email (Here you can also enter your business address).
(Pro tip: For families sharing the same residential address, Velocity Points can be pooled together to reach your rewards faster.)
- Security Information. Date of birth and a security information, keep it secret, keep it safe.
- Terms and Conditions. The last step. Read though the terms and conditions and once you agree and are comfortable you can click Join.
Benefits of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program
- Earning Points. There are many of ways to earn Points. Velocity program partners include retail, insurance, energy and service providers, with the range of businesses available meaning your Points balance can increase easily. You can also choose to take out a Velocity Rewards credit card and earn Points for your everyday purchases.
- Redeeming rewards. As mentioned, there are also a range of rewards on offer. One of the most important aspects of a rewards program is making sure you find value from the effort you put into earning Points. Browse through the products on offer in the Velocity eStore or take a look at Velocity's program partners to make sure the rewards on offer are what you're looking for.
- Earn Points for your pet. When you travel with your pet, you can earn Velocity Points for them as well. Bring your dog and cat on a flight and you'll earn 300 Points per pet carrier for each sector you fly.
- Family benefits. Velocity offers various benefits for families who are part of the program. If you have the same residential address, family members can pool their Points and status credits into one account. Velocity also lets you put your membership on pause if you're a Gold, Silver or Platinum member and you have a baby. Other family benefits include Points transfers, guaranteed economy Rewards seats for an annual trip you and your family take, lounge access for Gold members and the ability to share Gold and Platinum membership with your partner.
How does the Velocity program work?
The Velocity program is the dedicated frequent flyer program of Virgin Australia. Members of the program can earn Points that can be redeemed for a range of products and services. When you join you'll enter at the lowest membership level, red. As you progress through the membership levels by earning status credits — the higher your membership levels the more Points you can earn and the better your program benefits.
Points are earned by spending money through Virgin or their program partners, while status credits can only be earned by flying with Virgin Australia or their airline partners. This is a truly travel-orientated program and you'll find real rewards through the program if you travel frequently.
As you accumulate Points you can choose to spend them in various ways. Use them to book Rewards seats on Virgin Australia and partner airline flights, or redeem rewards directly through the Velocity eStore. The eStore features a range of retail products including technology, fashion, food and drink, fitness, business items, and you also have the option to donate your Points to charity.
Velocity Points: How to earn and redeem
- By flying with Virgin Australia or an airline partner. Book a flight with Virgin or one of their airline partners and you'll be able to earn Points and status credits for every eligible flight sector you fly. The further you fly, the more Points and status credits you'll earn. The program works so that the higher your membership tier the higher your earn rate when you fly. For instance, Silver members earn 50% Bonus Points, Gold members earn 75% and Platinum members earn 100% extra points when they fly.
- By using a credit card. There are a number of direct earn credit cards that reward you with Velocity Points for each dollar you spend on the card. These cards can also offer other travel and rewards benefits such as bonus Points, travel insurance, and even free flights. Cards that are linked to independent rewards programs, such as American Express Membership Rewards or the ANZ Rewards Program, also allow you to transfer points earned directly into Velocity Points. Choose the credit card that best suits your needs and that you'll find the most value from — both in terms of rewards and with regards to rates and fees.
- Filling up your petrol tank. Velocity frequent flyers can earn points any time they fill up or make an in-store purchase at any participating BP service station in Australia. Velocity Frequent Flyers can earn points at over 1,400 BP stations around Australia.
Map of BP Petrol Stations in Australia
Start earning more Velocity Points today with Velocity Frequent Flyer Credit Cards
Compare Velocity Credit Cards
- With Velocity Global Wallet. This is a prepaid travel card that allows you to earn Velocity Points for spending your own money. Simply load your funds into the card, convert it into up to ten currency wallets. Earn 1 point per $1 spent overseas and 1 point per $2 spent in Australia. This way, the card can really be used as a travel card or an everyday debit card to earn Velocity Points. Find out more about the Global Wallet by reading our guide.
- By spending in the right places. Velocity makes it easy for you to earn Points by giving you a choice of partners in a range of different industries. Brands such as Apple, City Beach, and Deals Direct are available via the eStore. You can also earn Points by spending with Virgin Wines, Virgin Mobile, one of Virgin's many travel partners or even within their home and business category.
- Flights. One of the most popular ways to redeem Velocity Points is by redeeming them for Rewards flights with Virgin Australia and with airline partners. Frequent flyer members also have the option to redeem Points for flight upgrades or by opting for Points + Pay if your points balance is insufficient.
- Velocity Rewards Store. Spend your hard-earned Points on a variety of shopping products directly with Velocity. You can search for rewards by Points value or category, which includes gift cards, electronics, entertainment, travel options and fashion.
- Hotels and travel. Book hire cars, hotel stays and cruises and even Virgin lounge access using your Points. There's a variety of travel providers available so you can book the holiday of your dreams using your Velocity Points.
- Sport. Velocity also lets you redeem sports and fitness apparel and sports experiences using your Points. There's also a Points + Pay option available.
Joining the Velocity Frequent Flyer program - It's free
Joining the Velocity Frequent Flyer program is simple. Just click 'Go to Site' and fill out some basic personal details to join the program. It's free to sign up and you'll receive your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership number immediately. This means you can start earning Points as soon as you sign up. Following this, your Velocity membership card will be sent to you in the mail.