Trying to find a way to use your hotel reward points? Here's how they could boost your Velocity account balance.
Thanks to Virgin Australia’s many partners, the way you can earn and redeem points is relatively flexible. If you’re a member of one of Virgin’s partnered hotel loyalty programs, you can grow your Velocity Points balance by transferring points from your hotel rewards account to your Velocity account.
Which hotel points can you transfer to your Velocity account?
The following table displays which hotel loyalty programs are available for transfers as well as their conversion rate to Velocity Points:
|Hotel loyalty program||Exchange rate||Transfer limits|
|Starwood Preferred||1 Starpoint = 1 Velocity Point||Transfer 20,000 Starpoints and receive 5,000 bonus Points.|
|Le Club AccorHotels||1 Le Club AccorHotels = 1 Velocity Point||A minimum transfer of 4,000 Le Club AccorHotels Points per transaction.|
|Choice Privileges||20,000 Choice Privileges points = 3,000 Velocity Points||The minimum transfer amount is 20,000 Choice Privileges points per conversion.|
|Hilton HHonors||10,000 HHonors = 1,500 Velocity Points||Exchanges are in increments of 10,000 points.|
|IHG Rewards club||10,000 IHG Rewards Club = 2,000 Velocity Points||No limits.|
|Golden Circle||1 Golden Circle Award = 1 Velocity Point||A minimum transfer amount of 2,500 GC Award Points, with subsequent 500 point increments.|
How can you transfer points from your hotel account to your Velocity account?
- Starwood Preferred. You can call Starwood to request a points transfer to your Velocity account. If you are a Preferred Guest phone 1800 450 010. Gold Preferred Guests can call 1800 072 525, and Platinum Preferred Guests can call 1800 450 020.
- Le Club AccorHotels. To transfer points, members must log into their Le Club AccorHotels account at the Le Club website.
- Choice Privileges. You can transfer your Choice Privileges points online at choiceprivileges.com or by calling the Choice Service Center on 132 400 and providing your Velocity membership number.
- Hilton HHonors. To convert your HHonors Points into Velocity Points, contact your local Hilton Reservations on 1800 449 4155 or go to the exchange section of your HHonors account.
- IHG Rewards club. To transfer your points, call the IHG Rewards Club on 02 9935 8362.
- Golden Circle. To transfer your GC Points to your Velocity Points account, log into your Golden Circle account and select transfer Points to Miles.
What limitations and restrictions do you need to consider?
- Points available. In most cases, it will take up to six weeks for the points to be allocated to your Velocity Account.
- Same name. Your Starwood Preferred Guest account and Velocity Account must have an identical member name in order to complete this request. Different names will cause the transfer to reject.
- Reverse transfer. Once you have transferred your points from one account to the other, they cannot be returned to the original account.
The partnership between these hotel loyalty programs and Virgin Australia opens up more opportunities for you to earn and redeem points. If you’re considering transferring points between accounts, check out the comparison rates to confirm which offers better value.Back to top