TWUSUPER: Performance, investments and fees
TWUSUPER is an industry super fund for workers of the Australian transport and logistics industries, with 4 pre-mixed investment options to choose between.
TWUSUPER performance and fees
When joining the fund you'll be placed in the MySuper Balanced option initially which is the default option, however you can switch to another investment option at any time.
Key features of TWUSUPER
- Designed for those working in the transport sector. TWUSUPER is an industry super fund for workers of the Australian transport and logistics industries. It's open to anyone to join.
- Default insurance options. Eligible members will get default insurance cover when joining the fund with no medical exams.
- MySuper product. The Balanced investment option is the default MySuper investment option for all members when joining the fund, unless you choose otherwise.
- Pre-mixed investment options. Members can choose between a range of 5 different pre-mixed investment options that each have a different risk level and asset allocation.
TWUSUPER pre-mixed investment options
Members can choose between these pre-mixed, diversified investment options depending on the level of risk you want to take on. If you don't make an investment choice, you'll be placed in the MySuper Balanced option, which is the default investment product designed to suit most members.
|Investment option||Risk level||Target asset allocation|
This option has the lowest level of investment risk of the diversified options and invests largely in fixed interest and cash. It's designed for members looking to protect their balance, with some growth over the medium term.
|Low to Medium|
|TWUSUPER Moderate |
This option has a more even balance between growth and defensive assets compared to the Conservative option. It's designed for members who aren't comfortable taking on too much risk and who wish to avoid market fluctuations in the short term, while still gaining some level of capital growth.
|Medium to High|
|TWUSUPER Balanced (MySuper)|
This is the default investment option designed to suit most members. It's where you'll be invested if you don't make an investment preference. It has a focus on growth over the medium to long term, with around 25% allocation to defensive assets to reduce the risk of large market fluctuations.
|Medium to High|
|TWUSUPER High Growth|
This option invests almost entirely in growth assets, with more than 80% of your balance invested in shares. It's the most high-risk investment option available, and aims to achieve higher returns over the long term. It's designed for members seeking higher long-term growth.
How to join TWUSUPER
You can join online by completing the application form on TWUSUPER's website. The application form should take you around 10-20 minutes to complete, and you'll need to provide the following bits of information:
- Your full name, date of birth and contact information
- Your Australian residential address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your tax file number (TFN)
- Your chosen investment option (if you want to invest in something other than the Balanced option) and insurance cover
- Details of your existing super fund if you'd like to consolidate your super
Once your application has been completed successfully, you'll receive your membership details by email. You can then give these to your employer so they can start paying your superannuation guarantee payments into your new fund.
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert