If you’re a pilot, plumber, teacher or tradie, you can invest with TasPlan and grow your retirement nest egg.
TasPlan Super is a multi-industry super fund. TasPlan are authorised to offer a MySuper investment option to fund members.
MySuper products have the government stamp of approval and give you a way to invest in a diversified portfolio characterised by low fees, an automatic level of insurance and positive investment returns.
Find out about TasPlan Super and TasPlan retirement income stream accounts and how this fund provider can help you save and retire in comfort.
Signs that TasPlan is a competitive super fund
The TasPlan trophy cabinet:
- SuperRatings - Gold Rating - Awarded for providing good value for money to fund members - 2014.
- Heron Partnership Super Fund Ratings - Rated TasPlan: ‘Outstanding’ - 2016 Quality Star Rating.
Things you didn’t know about TasPlan
TasPlan have more than $3 billion funds under management, over 100,000 members across Australia and TasPlan Super is the default super fund in more than 15,000 workplaces. TasPlan is a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Ethical Investment. This means you can be sure your retirement savings are invested with consideration to environmental, social and ethical factors. TasPlan also has an active involvement with various community groups such as SuperFriend and BusNSW.
What’s internet banking like for TasPlan
Change your investment options, view and update your insurance cover, personal details and more from the comfort of your home or any internet connected device, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Register for TasPlan Online when you receive your member number.Back to top
What super funds are offered by TasPlan?
TasPlan Super is a multi-industry profit-for-members super fund. If you want to join this fund and it’s not your employer’s default fund, fill out a choice of fund form to give to your employer after you apply. Features of TasPlan Super include:
- Nine different investment options. TasPlan MySuper is the default investment option. MySuper is an authorised balanced investment managed to the objective of outperforming the CPI by 3% over a 5 year period. Alternatively, if you want, you can actively manage your retirement investment. TasPlan give you 9 different ways to invest your money. If you don’t make an investment choice when you join, TasPlan will place in you the default investment option. Invest in just one or a mix of the following assets and portfolios.
- Balanced (MySuper)
- Australian Shares
- International Shares
- Fixed Interest
Other TasPlan Super features
- Fees. There are a couple of fees you’re going to incur when you invest in a super fund. You’ll have to pay an administration fee, fees for investing your money and a fee for insurance. Some of these fees vary depending on how you invest your money — MySuper options can be cheaper than managing your investment yourself.
- Insurance. TasPlan give you basic cover within your super: Death and Total & Permanent Disablement Insurance. Restrictions can apply if you’re over 65. The self employed may be subject to different cover, be sure to read the product disclosure statement if you have an alternative working arrangement.
- Online access. Manage your investment choice, insurance cover, update your personal details and check your recent transactions on the internet via TasPlan Online.
What pension accounts are offered by TasPlan?
TasPlan offer a retirement pension account which can pay you a regular income once you’ve reached your preservation age.
Transition to retirement facility
If you’ve reached your preservation age, you’re still working and you can meet the minimum deposit requirements, you can receive a pension payment while you reduce your working hours. The transition to retirement facility can be used as a tax effective way to boost your super savings in the years before you stop work.
TasPlan automatically place you in the Cash investment option if you don’t choose your own investment options when you apply to become a member. If you want to manage you own investment, you can choose from the following pre-mixed portfolios and single asset options:
- Australian Shares
- International Shares
- Fixed Interest
- Minimum investment. You’ll need to deposit at least $20,000 of non-preserved funds from your super account to open a TasPlan Pension account.
- Financial advice. TasPlan can give you free general advice about your super fund as well as arrange for a
- Lump sum payments. You can request a lump sum payment of $1,000 or more on top of your regular pension payments.
- Further contributions. While you can’t make further contributions to your pension account once it’s open, you can open another TasPlan account and combine it with a new pension account to receive additional payments.
- Tax. All payments from your pension account are tax free once you reach the age of 60.
TasPlan has an easy application process
Anyone can join TasPlan Super. You can apply online or you can download, complete and send in an application booklet. When you apply, you have the option of selecting:
- Your contribution arrangement
- Your investment options
- Your insurance coverage.
Am I eligible for a TasPlan Pension account?
To apply for a TasPlan pension account, download, complete and return an application booklet, which is available from the TasPlan website.
You can apply if:
- You have reached your preservation age
- You have access to at least $20,000 of non-preserved super funds
- You have retired, or
- You’re working and you want to start a transition to retirement pension.
We can assist you with your comparison of super funds. If you have questions about this fund, or any other products on our site, ask us a question using the form directly below.