Tasplan Super is a leading multi-industry super fund with 11 different ways to invest, including an authorised MySuper investment option.
MySuper products have the government stamp of approval and give you a way to invest in a diversified portfolio with a low, easy-to-understand fee structure and a basic level of insurance.
Read on to learn more about Tasplan Super and the different investment options available, and how this fund provider can help you save for retirement.
Awards that Tasplan Super has won
The Tasplan Super trophy cabinet:
- SuperRatings - 2017 Gold Rating - Tasplan Super , MySuper investment option and Tasplan Pension
- Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards - Super fund of the Month - September and October 2017
- Heron Partnership Super Fund Ratings - 2017 Quality Star Rating - Tasplan Super, MySuper investment option
Who is Tasplan Super?
Tasplan Super has been a leading multi-sector super fund since 1987. Today Tasplan Super boats more than 145,000 members with over $8 billion worth of funds under management. Plus, it's the default super fund in more than 16,000 workplaces. The fund merged with Quadrant Super in 2015.
What’s the online portal like for Tasplan Super?
Change your investment options, view and update your insurance cover, personal details and more from the comfort of your home or any internet connected device, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Register for Tasplan Super Online when you receive your member number.Back to top
What investment options are offered by Tasplan Super?
Tasplan Super offers 11 different ways to invest, including a default MySuper authorised option called Tasplan OnTrack. You can choose to invest in one of the following investment options, or a combination of several.
MySuper default option
- Tasplan OnTrack: This is the MySuper option, and if you don't choose an investment option when starting with the fund you'll automatically be signed up with this option. This investment option is completely managed on your behalf and is split into four stages: Build, Sustain, Control, Maintain). These stages are determined by your age, with each stage having a different level of risk and asset allocation. As you get older, you'll be shifted into the different stages according to your age.
If you don't want to invest in the MySuper option, you can select one of the below pre-mixed investment options instead. These are managed on your behalf, and you can switch at any time.
- Growth: This is a pre-mixed investment option that has a high level of risk, suitable for long-term investors (10+ years). It aims to invest in 90% growth assets and 10% defensive assets.
- Sustainable: This is a pre-mixed investment option that has a medium to high level of risk, suitable for medium-term investors (5-10 years). It aims to invest in 75% growth assets and 25% defensive assets. It also has a focus on environmental and sustainable investments.
- Balanced: This is a pre-mixed, balanced investment option that has a medium to high level of risk, suitable for medium-term investors (5-10 years). It aims to invest in 75% growth assets and 25% defensive assets.
- Moderate: This is a pre-mixed investment option that has a low to medium level of risk, suitable for medium-term investors (5-10 years). It aims to invest in 45% growth assets and 55% defensive assets.
- Conservative: This is a pre-mixed investment option that has a lower level of risk, suitable for short-term investors (3+years). It aims to invest in 31% growth assets and 69% defensive assets.
Single sector options
Alternatively, you can select to invest in a range of the following single-sector options.
- Australian shares: Invest in a range of Australian shares. This option has a high risk level.
- International shares: Invest in a range of international shares. This option has a high risk level.
- Property: Invest in a range of listed and unlisted property assets. This option has a medium to high level of risk.
- Fixed interest: Invest in a range of fixed interest type securities. This option has a low to medium risk level.
- Cash: Invest in cash products (such as savings accounts or term deposits). This option has a low level of risk.
Fees and insurance details
- Fees. The fees vary between each investment option. The MySuper option, Tasplan OnTrack, charges an investment fee between 0.38% - 0.52% p.a., and an indirect cost ratio between 0.20% - 0.21% p.a. These fees are accurate as of January 2019 - always check the fund's PDS statement for current fees and charges.
- Insurance. If eligible, you're provided with a basic level of Death and Total & Permanent Disablement Insurance cover automatically within your super. You can also apply for Income Protection cover.
Tasplan has an easy application process
Anyone can join Tasplan Super. You can apply online or you can download, complete and send in an application booklet.
You will need to select:
- Your contribution arrangement
- Your investment options
- Your insurance cover
You will need to provide:
- Your personal details including name, contact information and residential address
- Your Tax file Number
We can assist you with your comparison of super funds. If you have questions about this fund, or any other products on our site, ask us a question using the form directly below.