Future Super | Performance, features and fees
Future Super doesn’t invest in fossil fuels and instead invests in renewable energy sources like wind and solar farms. It offers 3 different investment options to choose between.
Key features of Future Super
- Investments from fossil fuel companies screened out. Future Super doesn’t invest in the fossil fuel industry and excludes coal, oil and gas manufacturers.
- Invests in sustainable companies. Future Super actively invests in renewable energy projects and initiatives including wind and solar power.
- Three investment options. Members can choose between three different investment options, based on the level of risk you want to accept and the level of exposure to renewable energy you want.
- Certified ethical investment option. Future Super is certified by the Responsible Investment Association of Australasia (RIAA) for its ethical investments.
- Easy super consolidation. You can consolidate your existing super into Future Super online when you join the fund.
- Future Super app. You can conveniently view your balance, see your transactions, dive into the impact your super is having and more with the Future Super app.
What investment options does Future Super offer?
Future Super offers three different investment options to choose from. There’s no default option, so you must select your investment option when joining the fund.
|Investment option||Risk level||Asset allocation|
This option doesn't invest in fossil fuels, however it doesn't actively seek out impact investments in renewable energy.
This option doesn't invest in fossil fuels, plus it actively seeks out some investments in renewable energies, solar power and inclusive finance solutions.
|Renewables Plus Growth|
This option also doesn't invest in fossil fuels, and it has the highest level of investment in sustainable investments, predominantly in solar power. This option has a target of at least 20% asset allocation in renewable energy.
What insurance does Future Super offer?
Members can access the following insurance cover, pending eligibility. The cost of the insurance will vary depending on the level of cover, your age and the type of work you do.
- Death cover. This is paid to your beneficiaries in the event of your death or to you if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Total Permanent Disablement (TPD). You will have cover in the event that you become disabled to the point where you can no longer work.
- Income Protection cover. If you’re injured and unable to work, this cover can pay you a regular income.
How do I join Future Super?
You can join Future Super online by heading to its website and clicking the “Join now” button. You’ll need to provide the following information when completing the application form.
- Your personal details including full name, residential address and contact information
- Your employer’s details including the business name and ABN number
- Your tax file number
- The investment option you’d like to join out of the three available options
- The details of your current super fund if you’d like to consolidate your super into your new Future Super account
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert