We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Future Super performance and fees
Key features of Future Super
- Zero investments in fossil fuels. Future Super doesn’t invest in the fossil fuel industry and excludes coal, oil and gas manufacturers.
- Invests in sustainable companies. Future Super actively invests in renewable energy projects and initiatives including wind and solar power.
- Three investment options. Members can choose between three different investment options, based on the level of risk you want to accept and the level of exposure to renewable energy you want.
- Certified ethical investment option. Future Super is certified by the Responsible Investment Association of Australasia (RIAA) for its ethical investments.
- Easy super consolidation. You can consolidate your existing super into Future Super online when you join the fund.
What investment options does Future Super offer?
Future Super offers three different investment options to choose from. There’s no default option, so you must select your investment option when joining the fund.
|Investment option||Risk level||Asset allocation|
This option doesn't invest in fossil fuels, however it doesn't actively seek out impact investments in renewable energy.
This option doesn't invest in fossil fuels, plus it actively seeks out some investments in renewable energies, solar power and inclusive finance solutions.
|Renewables Plus Growth|
This option also doesn't invest in fossil fuels, and it has the highest level of investment in sustainable investments, predominantly in solar power. This option has a target of at least 20% asset allocation in renewable energy.
What insurance does Future Super offer?
Members can access the following insurance cover, pending eligibility. The cost of the insurance will vary depending on the level of cover, your age and the type of work you do.
- Death cover. This is paid to your beneficiaries in the event of your death or to you if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Total Permanent Disablement (TPD). You will have cover in the event that you become disabled to the point where you can no longer work.
- Income Protection cover. If you’re injured and unable to work, this cover can pay you a regular income.
How do I join Future Super?
You can join Future Super online by heading to its website and clicking the “Join now” button. You’ll need to provide the following information when completing the application form.
- Your personal details including full name, residential address and contact information
- Your employer’s details including the business name and ABN number
- Your tax file number
- The investment option you’d like to join out of the three available options
- The details of your current super fund if you’d like to consolidate your super into your new Future Super account
More guides on Finder
Why is the AGL share price in the spotlight?
Shares in electricity giant AGL Energy have charged 37% higher so far in 2022.
Interested in ethical investing? Here are the top ETFs you can invest in
Looking to invest ethically into ETFs but are unsure where to start? Here are the largest sustainable ETFs on the market.
Kogan Super | Performance, features and fees
Kogan Super offers 5 different investment options that each have low fees and mostly follow an indexed investment approach.
New data reveals top 10 super funds this decade
The top-performing super funds over the past decade had an average annual return of 10.2% for members. Is yours on the list?
How to spot greenwashing in your super [SPONSORED] Your super fund might not be as environmentally sound as it seems. Here are a few ways to figure out the truth.
12 Tips of Christmas #5 – Prioritise Future You
Getting the most out of your super is the easiest way to help secure your financial future.
Super fund shocks: 5 things you might not know about your investment [SPONSORED] Your super could be the biggest investment of your life. But how well do you really know it? And are you missing out on potential profits?
Shell buys Powershop: Here are 3 green energy retailers not owned by fuel giants
It takes as little as 2 days to switch energy providers.
10 most traded green stocks right now
Which sustainable investments are hot right now?
9 real ways you can reduce your climate impact with COP26 underway
You can absolutely make a difference right now, and it's not hard to make better choices.
Ask an Expert