Plan your retirement with a super that is flexible enough to change as your circumstances do.
AMP has been helping Australians manage their wealth for over 160 years specialising in a multitude of financial services such as financial advice, investment services, select banking products and superannuation fund growth for both individual and businesses.
Today they are an international entity, with interests all over the world including Hong Kong, Delhi and New York. Australians looking to make the most out of their superannuation funds for retirement can do so with AMP through a number of different wealth building solutions.
With competitive fees and a variety of investment options, you have the opportunity to have your retirement fully funded with AMP.
What awards and honours has AMP earned?
- The Signature Super from AMP was recognised twice in 2015 by Heron Quality Star Ratings, both with a five star rating and for having one of the top ten investment features for a corporate superannuation product.
- The allocated pension portion of the SignatureSuper also received a nod from Heron Quality Star as being a top rated pension product.
- For the 2015 Super Review Super Fund of the Year Awards, SignatureSuper was voted best super fund of the year and best commercial super fund of the year.
A closer look at AMP
AMP’s primary focus is on superannuation investment options for individuals, offering benefits such as easy online access and convenience of taking your fund with you if you change jobs. You can choose from low cost options or more aggressive investments that provide you with a guaranteed retirement income. With AMP the choice is yours whether you want a simple solution to managing your superannuation funds, or if you are inclined to be directly involved in your own investment strategies.
What’s internet banking like for AMP?
My AMP provides you with a convenient way to manage your investments at any time, from anywhere. Access your statements to see how much you are contributing to your super and make your own changes in your investments. With this investment platform, you are put in the driver’s seat of your super’s growth.Back to top
What super funds are offered by AMP?
There are two personal super funds offered by AMP, each with their own attributes designed for different types of investors:
- AMP Flexible Super. With the Flexible Super you are given a range of different investment products, starting with simple options to a selection of high yield funds. You will be charged only for the services you need, and the costs are competitive to what you find with other super funds. There are also insurance covers through the Flexible Super which can be modified by you as your needs change.
Performance for this account will fluctuate with the market, and also will be dependent on the strategy you choose. The most popular investment mix Is dubbed “leave it to the experts” which has historically performed at above 5% for decades.
- North Personal Superannuation. This super fund option is structured for the serious investor, who wants to be able to make their own choices in where their money goes. You are given a range of investment options, including direct shares, term deposits and over 330 managed funds. Opt for capital guarantees and your retirement income will be secure. With the North Personal Superannuation you will have no trouble in moving your money to a pension account once it is time to retire.
Contributing to your super fund is easy and can be done with a cheque, direct debit, EFT or even BPAY. If you have another super provider you can also roll over funds from that account.
- Corporate Super Solutions. AMP also provides employers with super fund solutions to share with their employees that are flexible and provide the same investment options as the personal super products. These are structured to meet businesses of all sizes, and offer competitive fees and employee access to their super fund through an online portal.
What pension accounts are offered by AMP?
The North Personal Pension can be opened while you are still a member of the Australian workforce, and will still pay you a regular income once you meet the retirement age. You take control of this account online, where you can monitor, transact and report on all of your investments. The pricing for your personal pension is very flexible, and includes many low cost options that help you keep more of your money for your personal expenditures.Back to top
How do I apply for AMP super funds?
If you want to maintain more control over the growth of your superannuation funds, you can apply for one of AMP’s products online through their website. Your first task will be to determine which product and insurance is right for you before continuing forward to enter your personal details. This will include your name and address, which will be validated to ensure that you are an Australian resident. Also needed will be your Australian tax file number (TFN), mobile phone number and email address. AMP will contact your employer using the details you provide in order to set up direct contributions to your super fund.
If applying for the AMP pension, you will need to be at least 55 years of age and retired from employment. AMP also provides tax friendly superannuation options for Australians who have reached retirement age but are still not ready to stop working. Before deciding on the AMP pension or any of their other superannuation products, take the time to compare all of your options to ensure that you are giving your retirement money the best possible chance for growth in relation to your needs and circumstances.