Borrow up to $60,000 for a new or used car with flexible payment options.
RACQ's Car Loan offers a competitive fixed rate with flexible loan amounts, as well as a number of additional benefits including discounted car maintenance.
See if it's right for you below.
|Product Name||RACQ Bank Car Loan Special|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||5.89% (fixed)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||6.44%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$3,000|
|Max Loan Amount||$60,000|
- No ongoing monthly administration fees
- Flexible repayment options
- Short processing time
- Minimum loan amount $3,000
- Higher application fee
- Redraw or early repayment fees may be charged
Main points to consider with the RACQ Car Loan Special
You can apply for between $3,000 and $60,000 and get a loan term up to 7 years for a new car, or 5 years for a used car. If you're getting a loan for a used car, the vehicle must not be older than 12 years at the end of the loan term.
You won't be charged a penalty for making extra repayments and there is no monthly fee.
Features of the RACQ car loan
- Fixed rate. You'll receive an interest rate of 5.89%, with a comparison rate of 6.44%.
- Pre-approval of loan. Borrowers can get pre-approval for the loan, which allows them to find the best option within a given budget.
- No ongoing fees. These loans do not have any ongoing monthly fees.
- Flexible repayment options. The repayments can be made fortnightly or monthly according to your cash flow needs. There is a direct debit facility as well as an option to make extra repayments to reduce interest costs and finish the loan faster.
- Discounted car maintenance. You can take advantage of discounts on car maintenance if you're approved for the loan.
- Short processing time. The application can be submitted online, and approval over the phone is also possible. The outcome of the application is generally available within five business hours.
Fees and charges
- Establishment fee. You will pay an initial fee of $395.
There are no ongoing or monthly fees.
How to apply for a RACQ car loan
If you want to take advantage of the benefits on offer, click 'Go to Site' to apply with RACQ. You'll need to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You need to be a permanent resident/citizen of Australia or have a valid work visa
- You need to have income sufficient to meet the loan repayments
If you meet these criteria you can submit an application. You will need the following documents on hand:
- Identification. You'll need to supply proof of your identity, such as with your driver's licence.
- Proof of income. Current pay advice or a group certificate will be required to prove your income.
- Employment history. Applicants might be asked for proof of housing or their employment history to finalise the loan process.
It is important to have a competitive loan that can help offer smooth repayments and manageable interest. RACQ's car loan provides very competitive interest rates with flexible terms for borrowers. Before applying, it's better to compare other loans in the market before making a final choice.