We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Rabobank offers a number of savings accounts and term deposits specifically for established SMSFs, giving your fund easy and flexible access to your money with competitive interest rates. Learn more about the different accounts available and compare your options on this page.
If you're looking for a savings account for personal use, take a look at the accounts Rabobank offers for personal customers instead in this guide here.
Awards that Rabobank has earned
- Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Awards: Online Bank of the Year 2015
Who is Rabobank?
Operating entirely online, Rabobank is a part of the Dutch Rabobank Group. Founded in 1898, they are now one of the world's largest financial institutions with over 1,000 branches in more than 40 countries. Despite the worldwide connection, Rabobank is still an Australian financial institution, with balances of up to $250,000 guaranteed by the government.
Rabobank accounts focus on helping Australians grow their wealth through a number of different types of savings products. It offers savings accounts for personal use as well as for SMSFs.
What's Internet banking like for Rabobank?
With the Rabobank Internet Banking platform you can view your account balance and transaction histories for the last 18 months. You can use this platform to make payments to your linked account. The website uses the latest in technology to keep all transmitted data safe.
To access Internet Banking on your desktop, you'll need your DigiPass.
To set up the mobile banking app you need to login through your DigiPass. After you've initially set it up then you can simply use your five-digit pin to access mobile banking for future use, and manage your money on the go.
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
|Login Page||Check your balances||Transfer Money|
What savings accounts and term deposits does Rabobank offer for SMSFs?
Here's a snapshot of the different accounts that Rabobank offers for SMSFs. For more details on the account fees and interest rates, refer to the table above where you can compare the accounts side by side. Additionally, if you'd like more information on any of the accounts, click the "More" button to read our detailed product review.
- Online Savings High Interest Savings Account SMSF. Put your SMSFs money to work. Boost your savings for four months with a competitive, introductory bonus interest rate. Once that period ends you will still be earning a competitive rate with this fee-free account.
- Online Savings Premium Saver SMSF. For SMSFs who need some encouragement to save, the Online Savings Premium Saver offers a bonus rate when you increase your balance by at least $200 each month.
- Online Savings Notice Saver SMSF (31 days). This account locks your money away and rewards your with a competitive interest rate in exchange for not touching your funds. As an additional incentive to save, your SMSF requires 31 days notice if you wish to access your funds.
- Online Savings Notice Saver SMSF (60 days). This account is the same as the previous Online Savings Notice Saver, but you're required to give 60 days notice to access your funds. However, you are rewarded with a higher rate of interest than the Notice Saver SMSF (31 days).
- Online Savings Notice Saver SMSF (90 days). This account is the same as the previous Online Savings Notice Saver, however you're required to give 90 days notice to access your funds. However, you are rewarded with a higher rate of interest than the Online Savings Notice Saver SMSF (31 days). These Online Savings Notice Saver SMSF accounts are effective options for saving your funds.
- Online Savings Term Deposit SMSF. You can lock your funds away for a term length of a few months to five years. You can't access your money until the term matures, so it's a great account to save your SMSF. The longer you lock your money away, the higher interest rate you'll receive.
Pros and cons of Rabobank's savings accounts for SMSFs
- Large variety of savings accounts available for SMSFs
- No account keeping fees charged for any of the SMSF savings accounts
- You can link any Australian bank account to your Rabobank account
- No physical branches, which can be an issue if your SMSF regularly needs assistance.
How to apply for a Rabobank savings account for your SMSF
If you think one of the Rabobank savings accounts could be the ideal savings solution for your SMSF, you'll need the following information for your application.
To apply for one of these SMSF savings accounts, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be registered. Your SMSF must be currently registered in Australia and have an Australian Business Number (ABN) for tax purposes.
- Have a bank account. Your SMSF must have a bank account in its name with another financial institution.
- Age and residency requirements. You, the authorised signatory, must be at least 16 years of age and an Australian resident for tax purposes.
During the application process, you will need to provide the following information:
- Authorised signatory details. You must provide your name, address, date of birth and contact information.
- SMSF details. Provide the name, ABN and tax file number of the SMSF.
- Existing bank account details. You will need to supply the Bank State Branch(BSB) and account number of an existing account your SMSF holds with another financial institution.
- Notice period. If you're opening one of the Online Savings Notice Saver accounts, choose a notice period of 31, 60 or 90 days.
More guides on Finder
Compare Delphi Bank savings accounts
Delphi Bank offers a range of personal banking products for customers in Australia.
Compare Citibank Australia transaction and savings accounts
Citibank offers a range of personal banking products for customers in Australia.
Great Southern Bank Home Saver Account
The Home Saver Account offers an ongoing bonus rate when you meet the account criteria. Learn how to get the bonus rate and apply online.
How to get Virgin Money’s new 1.50% p.a. bonus savings account rate
The Virgin Money Boost Saver account is offering a new bonus rate of 1.50% p.a. for a limited time only. Here's how to get it, and how this offer compares.
Popular savings account defies trend and INCREASES interest rate
After 12 months of nothing but cuts to savings accounts, this bank has just increased the rate on its bonus saver account. Will more banks follow?
Virgin Money Grow Saver account
Earn 0.65% p.a. on your savings each month you make at least one deposit and make no more than one withdrawal.
Virgin Money Boost savings account: Great rate, but what’s the catch?
Virgin Money's new Boost Saver savings account offers a competitive bonus rate of 1.5% p.a., but there are a few conditions to meet first.
Virgin Money Boost Saver (for 18-24 year olds)
The Virgin Money Boost savings account (for 18-24 year olds) offers bonus interest each month you deposit money and meet the purchase requirements. Here's how the account works and how to apply.
Virgin Money Boost Saver Account (25+ year olds)
The Virgin Money Boost savings account (for 25+ year olds) offers bonus interest each month you deposit money and meet the purchase requirements. Here's how the account works and how to apply.
Ask an Expert