Local Government Super | Performance, features and fees
Local Government Super is an industry fund with more than 85,000 members that's open to all Australians.
Local Government Super is an industry super fund originally dedicated to local government employees, but now open to all Australians to join today. Members can choose how they'd like their super invested, with five pre-made investment options available.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Annual fees on $50k balance
|Product Name||Local Government Super Balanced Growth|
|Past performance - 5 Years||7.66%|
|Annual admin fee||$71.24 + 0.25% of balance p.a.|
|Number of members||86,000|
Performance figures quoted on this page are correct to December 2020, according to Chant West. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
Key features of Local Government Super
- Industry super fund that's open to all Australians to join
- Five ready-made investment options to choose from
- More than 85,000 members and $12 billion in funds under management
Local Government Super investment options
Local Government Super offers members the choice of five pre-made investment options. These options invest your super in different ways, depending on the level of risk you're comfortable with and the length of your investment time frame.
What fees does Local Government Super charge?
The below example shows the fees you'll pay if you have $50,000 invested in the Balanced Growth option.
Example annual cost of a $50,000 balance in Local Government Super Balanced Growth
- Annual admin fee: $71.24 + 0.25% of balance
- Indirect costs, including investment fees: 0.75% of balance
- Calculated annual cost of product: $571.24
How do I join Local Government Super?
If you're ready to join Local Government Super, you can join online via its website. The application process is simple and should only take you 10–20 minutes to complete.
To complete the online application form you will need to provide:
- Your name, date of birth and gender
- Your address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your tax file number (TFN)
- Your chosen investment option and insurance cover (if you don't want to choose, you'll be placed in the MySuper strategy)
If you want to roll over your existing super into your new Local Government Super fund you'll also need to have your current super details handy.
You'll be sent the details of your new super account shortly after completing the online application form. If you'd like your employer to make your compulsory super payments into this fund, be sure to give your employer your Local Government Super account details.