Lamborghini finance options
Got your eyes on a Lamborghini? Here's our guide to your financing options.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Lamborghini is an Italian luxury car manufacturer that was founded in 1963. It is currently owned by the Volkswagen Group and also produces marine engines and motorcycles along with its car range.
Lamborghini models available in Australia
There are currently three Lamborghini models available to buy in Australia, including two sports cars and an SUV. These are:
- Lamborghini Aventador V12
- Lamborghini Huracán V10
- Lamborghini Urus
How much does it cost to buy and run a Lamborghini?
According to Redbook, the purchase prices of popular 2018 Lamborghini models are as follows:
- 2018 Lamborghini Urus Auto AWD: $390,000
- 2018 Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4 Auto AWD: $428,200
- 2018 Lamborghini Aventador S Auto AWD: $789,425
According to Redbook, the fuel efficiency of the various Lamborghini models is as follows:
- Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4 Auto: 12.5L/100km
- Lamborghini Urus Auto: 12.7L/100km
- Lamborghini Aventador: 16.9L/100km
The ATO considers a fuel-efficient car as one with a fuel consumption of less than 7L/100km, which means no current Lamborghini meets that classification.
Compare car loans you can use to purchase a Lamborghini
Other costs to consider
- Maintenance and repairs. As with any high-performance sports car, a Lamborghini will require regular maintenance and servicing. By keeping your vehicle in good working order, you will also potentially reduce the need for costly repairs down the line.
- New car extras. Lamborghini offers a suite of optional add-ons to its vehicles, which can add significantly to the cost of the car.
- Insurance. You are legally required to buy compulsory third party (CTP) insurance when purchasing a vehicle in Australia. There are also a range of optional insurance policies that you can purchase to cover theft, fire and other damage. The cost of your policy is determined by a number of factors, including your age, gender and driving history.
- Stamp duty. When you buy a car, you need to pay a duty to have it transferred into your name. The cost of the duty will vary by state and territory, but you can get an idea of how much you'll need to pay by using our vehicle stamp duty calculator.
- Cost of finance. Unless you are buying your Lamborghini outright, you will need to factor financing into the overall cost of your vehicle. See below for details on the financing options that are currently available.
What types of Lamborghini financing options are available?
- Secured car loan. A secured loan requires you to use your vehicle as security and may be seized by the lender in the event you default on the loan. You will generally receive a lower interest rate than if you did not use your vehicle as security.
- Unsecured car loan. If you do not wish to use your vehicle as security, you can opt for an unsecured car loan. In most cases, your rate will be higher than on a secured loan.
- Dealer finance. Some car dealers may let you finance your car directly through them.
- Commercial hire. A business finance option where you lease a vehicle over a set term and make regular lease payments.
- Chattel mortgage. Like commercial hire, a chattel mortgage is a business car loan that requires you to make regular repayments over a set term. However, your business takes ownership of the vehicle at the start of the loan.
- Novated lease. If you're employed and work for a business that supports novated leasing, you can use your pre-tax income to lease a vehicle and cover ongoing running costs.
Factors to consider when financing your Lamborghini
When looking at finance options, there are a few things you should consider. These include:
- Interest rate. The rate you receive determines the size of your repayments, so you should always research a number of options before finding one that is right for you.
- Loan term. Car loans generally offer loan terms of between one and seven years, but options like novated leases and commercial hire may only offer terms up to five years.
- Repayments. Most finance options will require you to make regular repayments over the course of the loan or lease. Straightforward car loans will generally have fixed repayments, but with commercial hire and novated leasing, you may need to make a final balloon payment to take ownership of the vehicle.
- Loan amount. Most car loans offered by lenders will have minimum and maximum borrowing amounts, so it's important to determine if a specific loan will meet your financial needs before applying.
- Fees and charges. Different fees and charges may apply depending on the type of financing option you choose. These include application and establishment fees, ongoing service fees and early repayment or break cost fees.
- Vehicle ownership. Both a normal car loan and a chattel mortgage will give you ownership of the vehicle, whereas a novated lease or commercial hire may require you to make a lump sum balloon payment at the end of the lease to take ownership.
What you will need to apply for a Lamborghini loan
To be eligible for a car loan, you will need to be:
- At least 18 years old
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Employed and earning a stable income
Some finance options will have other criteria you will need to meet, but you will generally also be asked to provide the following as part of your application:
- Proof of residence
- Proof of employment
- Financial information, including any debts, assets and other liabilities
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Find out what it costs to subscribe and if you can download documents for free.
Why you need Natasha Denona’s Triochrome eyeshadow palette
Find out when and where you can get your hands on this limited-edition palette for the holiday season.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Eco-cleaning Services in Wollongong
Here's how to find a green cleaning service if you live in or near to Wollongong.
How to find an eco-cleaning service in Bondi
Find out about some of top eco-cleaning services that are worth considering if you live in Bondi.
2020 Toyota Camry review
Four expert reviews of the Toyota Camry in one
Free Loan Agreement Templates (Australia)
Learn how to write a loan agreement and find out where you can get free legal templates.
Can I still get life insurance if I’m overweight?
Find out if you can still get life insurance if you’re overweight, what your options are and where to get cover.
adidas Yeezy Boost 350 v2 “Carbon”: Aussie release details here
Dropping in family sizes later this week, find out how you can get your hands on the "Carbon" edition in Australia.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.89% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.
Ask an Expert