GROW Super | Super Fund Review
Choose from up to 13 investment options and track your super balance via the handy mobile app.
GROW Super is closed to new fund members, however if you're already a member you can still maintain your account and switch investment options.
GROW Super offers existing members up to 13 different ways to invest for their retirement. Members can choose from a mix of core and personalised investment strategies, and keep track of your investment via the mobile app. GROW Super also offers a certified MySuper product, which is the default investment option for those who do not choose which option they’d like to go with.
Past performance - 5 Years
Annual fees on $50k balance
|Product Name||Grow Super|
|Past performance - 5 Years||N/A|
|Annual admin fee||0.83% of balance p.a.|
|Insurance included||Death,Income Protection|
- Consolidate your super. GROW can help search for any lost super you may have. Once found, GROW can consolidate it into your new account so it’s all in one place.
- Invest spare change. You have the option to round up your everyday transactions to the nearest $1 or $2 and add this spare change to your super.
- Invest in industries you care about. The tactical tilt investment option allows you to invest in industries you’re passionate about, for example tech, startups or sustainable companies.
- Expert investment managers. Your money is managed by Dimensional Fund Advisors.
- Mobile app available. GROW offers a streamlined mobile app, so you can easily keep an eye on, top up or switch your super on the go.
GROW offers eight core investment options, including a MySuper product, and five Tactical Tilt options. Core options are managed on your behalf, and you can select one based on your risk appetite and asset allocation preferences. Tactical Tilt options can be added to your investment to work in conjunction with your chosen core option. You must have at least 85% of your investment in a core option with a maximum of 15% in Tactical Tilt options.
See details of the various investment options in the following tables. GROW Super is a new product so past performance data is not yet available.
Core investment options
|Core option||Risk level||Asset mix|
|GROW MySuper (default option)||High|
|GROW 30||Low to medium|
|GROW 60||Medium to high|
|GROW 70||Medium to high|
|GROW 100||Very high|
Tactical Tilt investment options
|Tactical Tilt option||Risk level||Investment strategy and asset mix|
|Industrial Tech||Very high||Fast-growing, innovative global companies.|
|Future Internet||Very high||Global companies on the leading edge of internet innovations.|
|Global Sustainability||Very high||Global companies with a focus on environmental and sustainability impact.|
|Green Energy||Very high||Companies that produce energy from solar, wind and renewable sources.|
|Global Property||High||Listed international and local real estate securities.|
Fees: GROW MySuper investment option
- Admin fee: + 0.83% of balance.
- ICR: 0.5%
- Annual fees on $50,000 balance: $665
You can switch your Tactical Tilt investment option a maximum two times a year for free, and after this there is a $25 fee per trade.
When joining GROW Super you’ll automatically receive death (including terminal illness) and total permanent disability (TPD) cover. The level and cost of this cover will depend on your personal circumstances. You can choose to increase your level of default cover or add income protection cover at any time.
Pros and cons
- Mobile app available
- MySuper product available
- Invest your spare change
- Invest in industries you care about
- Customise and self-select your insurance
- Closed to new members - only open for existing members
- Less control over asset allocation than some other funds
- Can only switch investment options for free twice a year, after which a fee applies
How do I apply?
Unfortunately GROW Super is closed to new members. If you're an existing member, you can still maintain your super account and switch your investment options.