Choose from up to 13 investment options and track your super balance via the handy mobile app.
GROW Super is a new player in the industry, offering consumers up to 13 different ways to invest for their retirement. Choose from a mix of core and personalised investment strategies, and keep track of your investment via the mobile app. GROW Super also offers a certified MySuper product, which is the default investment option for those who do not choose which option they’d like to go with.
Consolidate your super
GROW can help search for any lost super you may have. Once found, GROW can consolidate it into your new account so it’s all in one place.
Invest spare change
You have the option to round up your everyday transactions to the nearest $1 or $2 and add this spare change to your super.
Invest in industries you care about
The tactical tilt investment option allows you to invest in industries you’re passionate about, for example tech, startups or sustainable companies.
Expert investment managers
Your money is managed by Dimensional Fund Advisors.
Mobile app available
GROW offers a streamlined mobile app, so you can easily keep an eye on, top up or switch your super on the go.
GROW offers eight core investment options, including a MySuper product, and five Tactical Tilt options. Core options are managed on your behalf, and you can select one based on your risk appetite and asset allocation preferences. Tactical Tilt options can be added to your investment to work in conjunction with your chosen core option. You must have at least 85% of your investment in a core option with a maximum of 15% in Tactical Tilt options.
See details of the various investment options in the following tables. GROW Super is a new product so past performance data is not yet available.
Core investment options
|Core option||Risk level||Return objective||Asset mix|
|GROW MySuper (default option)||High||CPI + 3.0% p.a. over 10 years|
|GROW 30||Low to medium||CPI + 1.5% p.a. over 3 years|
|GROW 40||Medium||CPI + 2.0% p.a. over 4 years|
|GROW 50||Medium||CPI + 2.5% p.a. over 4 years|
|GROW 60||Medium to high||CPI + 2.75% p.a. over 6 years|
|GROW 70||Medium to high||CPI + 3.0% p.a. over 6 years|
|GROW 80||High||CPI + 3.5% p.a. over 8 years|
|GROW 100||Very high||CPI + 4.0% p.a. over 10 years|
Tactical Tilt investment options
|Tactical Tilt option||Risk level||Return objective||Investment strategy and asset mix|
|Industrial Tech||Very high||CPI + 4.0% p.a. over 10 years||Fast-growing, innovative global companies.|
|Future Internet||Very high||CPI + 4.0% p.a. over 10 years||Global companies on the leading edge of internet innovations.|
|Global Sustainability||Very high||CPI + 4.0% p.a. over 10 years||Global companies with a focus on environmental and sustainability impact.|
|Green Energy||Very high||CPI + 4.0% p.a. over 10 years||Companies that produce energy from solar, wind and renewable sources.|
|Global Property||High||CPI + 4.0% p.a. over 10 years||Listed international and local real estate securities.|
*Asset allocation + benchmark figures correct as of August 2017.
- GROW MySuper investment option: Admin fee of 0.83% p.a. plus investment fee of 0.50% p.a.
- Other core investment options: Admin fee of $1.65 each week, plus 0.95% p.a.
You can switch your Tactical Tilt investment option a maximum two times a year for free, and after this there is a $25 fee per trade.
When joining GROW Super you’ll automatically receive death (including terminal illness) and total permanent disability (TPD) cover. The level and cost of this cover will depend on your personal circumstances. You can choose to increase your level of default cover or add income protection cover at any time.
Pros and cons
- Mobile app available
- MySuper product available
- Invest your spare change
- Invest in industries you care about
- Customise and self-select your insurance
- Less control over asset allocation than some other funds
- Can only switch investment options for free twice a year, after which a fee applies
How do I apply?
If you’ve decided GROW Super is right for you, you can apply online by clicking the green "Go to Site" button at the top of this page. You’ll be securely redirected to GROW Super’s site where you can complete your application in less than 10 minutes.
You will need to supply:
- GROW account. You’ll need to create a new account and sign up.
- Personal details. Once verified, you’ll be asked to provide personal contact details including your Australian residential address.
- Previous super fund details. If you’d like to find and consolidate your existing super into the new fund online, you will need your current fund details and tax file number handy.
You will need to select:
- Investment option. You’ll be asked to select your investment option out of the options detailed above, so have a think about this before beginning your application.
- Insurance instructions. You’ll be asked if you’d like to opt out of or tailor the default insurance policies, as detailed above under the insurance section.