Powerdirect is a fully owned subsidiary of AGL, offering energy to both residential and business customers.
Is Powerdirect right for me?
- What does Powerdirect offer? Home and business electricity plans in NSW, VIC, SA, ACT and QLD
- Product highlights: Simplicity of choice, with just one electricity market offer available in each state
- Watch out for: Benefit periods expire after 12 months so make sure you compare your plan regularly to ensure you're on the best plan for you
Compare Powerdirect plans by speaking to an energy consultant
- Expert Advice
- No obligation to sign up
- 100% Free Service
Powerdirect was one of the first independent retailers to take advantage of energy market deregulation back in the late 1990s. Today, it's a fully owned subsidiary of AGL, offering business and residential electricity plans to customers in South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and the ACT.
For householders, Powerdirect keeps things simple with a single electricity offer available in each state. Each offer comes with a pay-on-time discount (with the discount varying from state to state) that lasts for 12 months.
Homeowners with solar power can access a feed-in tariff, and GreenPower options are available, though limited.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does Powerdirect offer solar power?
If you already have solar panels installed, Powerdirect does offer a feed-in tariff as part of its plans, making it a provider to consider.
If you are looking to add solar, Powerdirect won't guide you through the process. Fortunately, we have a comprehensive guide on getting solar power to help you through the process.
Does Powerdirect offer GreenPower?
The government's GreenPower program guarantees that a retailer purchases a percentage of your electricity usage from renewable sources. Powerdirect is a certified GreenPower provider, offering the option of buying either 10% or 20% of your energy from renewable sources.
Rather than charging per kWh like many energy retailers, Powerdirect charges on a weekly basis. This has the benefit of ensuring consistent pricing from bill to bill, but may not reflect your actual usage.
How can I pay my Powerdirect energy bills?
Powerdirect doesn't currently have its own online payments portal, though it does have a number of options for bill payments
Why consider Powerdirect?
- Home and business plans. Looking to power both your home and your business? Powerdirect offers both.
- Solar feed-in tariffs. If you have solar panels, Powerdirect does offer feed-in tariffs to help you get the most from your solar PV system.
- No-lock-in contracts. There's no lock-in contract, so you can switch at any time (though disconnection fees may apply).
- 12-month benefit period. Pay on time for a significant discount on your plan fees for the first 12 months.
How do I contact Powerdirect for support?
|Sales and customer enquiries||1300 307 966|