Compare plans from energy suppliers in Australia.
Powerdirect: Electricity for your home and business
Powerdirect is a fully owned subsidiary of AGL, offering energy to both residential and business customers.
Is Powerdirect right for me?
- What does Powerdirect offer? Home and business electricity plans in NSW, VIC, SA and QLD. However, while Powerdirect operates in these states, it may not be available in all parts of every state.
- Product highlights: Simplicity of choice, with just one electricity market offer available in each state
- Watch out for: Benefits & discounts may change after their "Energy plan period" (12-24 months). Make sure you compare your plan regularly to ensure you're on the best plan for you
Compare plans by speaking to an energy consultant
- Expert Advice
- No obligation to sign up
- 100% Free Service
Powerdirect was one of the first independent retailers to take advantage of energy market deregulation back in the late 1990s. Today, it's a fully owned subsidiary of AGL, offering business and residential electricity plans to customers in South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
For householders, Powerdirect keeps things simple with an electricity offer available in each state.
Residential and business customers with solar power can access a feed-in tariff. GreenPower options are also available, though limited.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
If you already have solar panels installed, Powerdirect does offer a feed-in tariff as part of its plans, making it a provider to consider.
Check out our comprehensive guide on getting solar power to help you through the process.
Can I get GreenPower?
The government's GreenPower program guarantees that a retailer purchases a percentage of your electricity usage from renewable sources. Powerdirect is a certified GreenPower provider, offering the option of buying either 10% or 20% of your energy from renewable sources.
Rather than charging per kWh like many energy retailers, Powerdirect charges for GreenPower on a weekly basis. This has the benefit of ensuring consistent pricing from bill to bill, but may not reflect your actual usage.
How can I pay my energy bills?
Powerdirect doesn't currently have its own online payments portal, though it does have a number of options for bill payments
Why consider Powerdirect?
- Home and business plans. Looking to power both your home and your business? Powerdirect offers both.
- Solar feed-in tariffs. If you have solar panels, Powerdirect does offer feed-in tariffs to help you get the most from your solar PV system.
- No-lock-in contracts. There's no lock-in contract, so you can switch at any time (though disconnection fees may apply).
How do I contact Powerdirect for support?
|Sales and customer enquiries||1300 307 966|
More energy guides
Moving, dissatisfied with your service or going off-grid?
Ask an Expert