Get Powerdirect energy direct to your home or business.
Powerdirect is a leading Australian energy retailer, powering homes and businesses across the country for decades.
- Who can sign up for Powerdirect?
- Powerdirect electricity plans are available in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
Who is Powerdirect?
Originally founded in 1997, and currently backed by AGL, Powerdirect has quickly grown one of Australia's major nationwide energy providers, powering homes and business across the country.
Packages offered by Powerdirect
The energy packages at Powerdirect will vary greatly depending on your state, energy use, and whether you want electricity for your home or business. However, picking a plan is simple as knowing what kind of energy contract you'd like.
- Standard retail contract
A standard "generic brand" retail energy contract, with prices set by the energy regulator in your state. A simple, no-frills energy plan to suit almost everyone.
- Market contract
Contracts exclusive to Powerdirect, where they set the rates, terms and conditions, plus any special offers. Find a plan to match your needs for cheaper energy off-peak and other benefits, depending on your location.
Choose how much of your energy you want to draw from certified renewable energy sources. With seven plans available, you can choose to draw as little as 5% of your power from renewables, or as much as 100% to help neutralise your carbon footprint.Back to top
Could you switch to Powerdirect?
If you live in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, or South Australia and are interested in switching to Powerdirect, start by contacting a specialist energy broker. They’ll advise you on your usage and direct you to the plan best suited to your needs and uses . They will work closely with the team at Powerdirect to make your switch as simple as possible.
Pros and cons of Powerdirect deals
- Combined home and business plans — Save time and money by getting your home and business energy from the same retailer
- Greendirect — An opportunity to make a choice for the environment and get your power from renewable sources.
- Solar feed in tariffs — If you have solar panels, then you can arrange to sell your excess power back to the grid.
- Location — Not available in Western Australia, the Northern Territory or Tasmania.
- No gas supply — If you’re looking to bundle, then Powerdirect can’t help.
- Limited plans in the ACT — Powerdirect plans in the ACT are currently only for existing Powerdirect customers.
- Phone: 1300 307 966
- Fax: 03 8805 6699
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Level 3, 699 Bourke St, Docklands, VIC 3008
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the Powerdirect Do Not Contact list, simply get in touch at any of the numbers above.
How to switch to Powerdirect
If you’re looking for a new supplier of energy for your home or business and you’re based in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, or South Australia then you may be eligible to switch to Powerdirect. If you’re interested in knowing more, contact your specialist energy broker.
They will contact you to talk more about what you need and help you find a plan that works best for you. They will also provide information and advice on making your switch as easy as possible.