Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
LPE: Electricity plans
Locality Planning Energy provides electricity to over 200 strata communities and 15,000 customers across Queensland.
Is LPE right for me?
- What does LPE offer? Electricity in Queensland.
- Product highlights: Locality Planning Energy has no-lock-in contracts, no connection fees and no exit fees. The provider also offers free solar panel installations for eligible strata communities.
- Watch out for: LPE doesn't offer gas or GreenPower options. Also, solar power is not available for home electricity customers.
Locality Planning Energy (LPE) started as an electricity retailer for stratas. The retailer has since expanded to offer electricity to a range of residences and strata communities in Queensland but specialises in electricity services for embedded networks including apartments, stratas and townhouses.
Based in Brisbane with a support centre on the Sunshine Coast, LPE is available across the Energex electricity distribution network in South East Queensland.
LPE offers no-lock-in contracts and doesn't charge connections fees or exit fees.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
LPE offers solar for small strata communities. The provider installs and maintains solar panels at no cost to the body corporate or strata occupants, when eligible. Those who choose to opt in to solar power can save up to 45% on electricity costs. Solar electricity rates are locked in for 10 years.
LPE doesn't offer solar power for home electricity customers.
Can I get GreenPower?
No, LPE isn't GreenPower accredited.
In addition to electricity, LPE offers the following services for embedded networks:
- Servicing and bill issuance for centralised hot water systems
- Bill distribution for un-metered gas cooktops
- Bill distribution for centralised air-conditioning services
- Embedded Network Manager services (ENM)
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your LPE bills using several methods including:
Why consider LPE?
- Billing flexibility. You'll get monthly and quarterly billing options so you can choose how often you pay.
- No connection fees. You won't have to pay a fee to sign up for an energy plan with LPE.
- No-lock-in contracts. If you aren't satisfied with your electricity, you can switch to another provider at any time.
- No exit fees. If you choose to end your contract, you won't have to pay an exit fee.
- Queensland locals. LPE operates out of Queensland and employs local staff. The provider also supports the local economy by sponsoring community organisations and clubs.
Read more on this topic
Victorian electricity prices set to increase in the new year The Victorian Default Offer (VDO) is set to increase in 2020. How can learning about reference price, market offer and standing offer help?
OVO Energy Review OVO is one of the biggest electricity retailers in the UK. Find out what they have to offer in Australia.
Australia reaches "50%" in renewable energy use for the first time ever. But what does this mean? For 10 minutes, 50% of Australia's main electricity grid was powered by renewable energy, indicating an upward trend in green energy use.
Open Energy in Australia Energy is changing in Australia. Find out what open energy is and how it affects you.
The temperature trap: Air conditioning hacks Aussies are using to keep costs low With temperatures and energy costs rising, here are a couple of tech-savvy ways to save on aircon costs this summer.
The reference price: What is it and how does it affect you? We’ll explain what the new reference price, or Default Market Offer, is and how it affects residents in NSW, SA and QLD.
Kogan Energy: Electricity and gas plans Kogan Energy offers electricity to residents in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia as well as gas to customers in Victoria.
Discover Energy: Electricity plans Get electricity and solar services with Discover Energy in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
Rimfire Energy: Electricity plans Find out what Rimfire Energy offers in your area and how you can pay your electricity bill.
What is the Green Electricity Guide and how do green ratings work? Here’s how Australia’s “greenest” energy providers are determined by the Green Electricity Guide.
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.