Find a better plan and avoid the price hikes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Is ERM Business Energy right for me?
- What does ERM Business Energy offer? Electricity for businesses in Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales, Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory.
- Product highlights: Get customised energy solutions for your company of any size as well as solar and GreenPower options.
- Watch out for: ERM Business Energy doesn't offer residential or gas services.
Start paying less on your business electricity and gas bills
- 100% free service
- Save time and money comparing your gas and electricity
- Let Make it Cheaper do the paperwork for you
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
ERM Business Energy electricity
Australian company ERM Power launched in the 1980s as an energy consultancy. The company then expanded into electricity generation in 1996. ERM Power now owns gas power stations across Queensland, New South Wales and Western Australia.
In 2008, ERM opened ERM Business Energy and began offering retail electricity to large businesses and corporations. It provides a range of business plans in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT.
Business owners can take advantage of solar solutions tailored to the needs of businesses. You can also use the ERM Power app to monitor energy use in real time from any smart device.
What services does ERM Power provide businesses?
ERM has two main customers they service,
Electricity for small multisites (10+ multi sites)
ERM offers the following products for businesses with more than 10 sites:
- Unbundled. This product has has a fixed retail charge for each tariff (network charges are passed through).
- Bundled. This is a product with one simple energy price, inclusive of all charges.
Electricity for large usage ($30k+ per annum)
ERM offers the following products for businesses who spend over $30,000 per year:
- Fixed price. Energy prices agreed upfront for a contract term
- Step index. Energy prices are an average of 'daily forward prices'.
- Step online. Energy prices are agreed 'progressively' over time.
Can my business get solar power?
Commercial and industrial customers can get solar solutions designed specifically for their business's energy needs. Solar panels are available through ERM Business Energy's partners and installation can be arranged through qualified suppliers.
The company has also helped produce Solpod, which claims to be the first mobile solution to deploy and install large-scale commercial rooftop solar installations. Solpod panels are prefabricated for quick installation. They attach to rooftops without penetrating the roof, which means the panels can be easily removed and moved to a new location if the business relocates.
Can my business get GreenPower?
Yes, you can choose to purchase government-accredited renewable energy for your business through the GreenPower program. This allows you to make voluntary contributions towards supporting renewable energy. However, you'll have to pay more for GreenPower.
Additionally, ERM offers a Corporate Renewable Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) that allows large businesses to buy into additional renewable energy such as wind or solar. With a PPA, you'll pay a fixed price for a large-scale generation certificate (LGC). In return, your business will get a portion of the revenue the LGC generates.
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your ERM Business Energy bills in the following ways:
Why consider ERM Business Energy?
- Expert advice. You can get help from business energy specialists on how to reduce your energy use as well as how to switch to solar or invest in other renewables.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your bill with BPAY, direct debit, credit card or cheque.
- Free app. Monitor your businesses energy use from anywhere with the ERM Power app.
- Energy management. With an energy management program, you can learn how to help your business cut costs. Energy management can also help you reduce electricity consumption and improve sustainability.
More guides on Finder
Energy prices officially increase today: How much more will you pay?
Electricity prices are going up across most of the country, so how can you avoid an expensive energy bill?
Telstra Energy launches: Are you eligible, is it really green and is it good value?
We answer all your burning questions about Telstra Energy.
Home solar: 7 big questions answered
SPONSORED: From solar panels and battery storage to installation costs and rebates – we've got the answers to your big solar questions.
Flip the switch already: 1 million Aussies refuse to change energy providers
A significant amount of Aussies facing rising energy bills are too lazy to switch providers, according to new research by Finder.
Energy statistics Australia 2022
Find out how much the average household spends on energy, how Australia's energy prices compare globally, and statistics on energy stress.
Energy crisis explainer: How you can save right now
What you can do to save money on energy during the ongoing energy crisis in Australia.
How to switch energy providers in Australia
Switch energy providers in 3 easy steps.
Energy providers are telling customers to switch: Is yours next?
Is it time to switch energy providers?
3 ways to flick the switch on higher energy bills
Power prices have doubled in the last 12 months and smaller energy retailers are starting to crumble under the pressure, passing on the surging costs to customers.
Breaking: As energy bills soar up to 100%, here’s what to do
Small energy providers have started to drastically hike up prices, even before the 1 July price reset.
Lower your household bills
Compare mobile broadband services, perfect for renters and travellers.
Ask an Expert