We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Is ERM Business Energy right for me?
- What does ERM Business Energy offer? Electricity for businesses in Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales, Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory.
- Product highlights: Get customised energy solutions for your company of any size as well as solar and GreenPower options.
- Watch out for: ERM Business Energy doesn't offer residential or gas services.
Start paying less on your business electricity and gas bills
- 100% free service
- Save time and money comparing your gas and electricity
- Let Make it Cheaper do the paperwork for you
ERM Business Energy electricity
Australian company ERM Power launched in the 1980s as an energy consultancy. The company then expanded into electricity generation in 1996. ERM Power now owns gas power stations across Queensland, New South Wales and Western Australia.
In 2008, ERM opened ERM Business Energy and began offering retail electricity to large businesses and corporations. It provides a range of business plans in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT.
Business owners can take advantage of solar solutions tailored to the needs of businesses. You can also use the ERM Power app to monitor energy use in real time from any smart device.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
What services does ERM Power provide businesses?
ERM has two main customers they service,
Electricity for small multisites (10+ multi sites)
ERM offers the following products for businesses with more than 10 sites:
- Unbundled. This product has has a fixed retail charge for each tariff (network charges are passed through).
- Bundled. This is a product with one simple energy price, inclusive of all charges.
Electricity for large usage ($30k+ per annum)
ERM offers the following products for businesses who spend over $30,000 per year:
- Fixed price. Energy prices agreed upfront for a contract term
- Step index. Energy prices are an average of 'daily forward prices'.
- Step online. Energy prices are agreed 'progressively' over time.
Can my business get solar power?
Commercial and industrial customers can get solar solutions designed specifically for their business's energy needs. Solar panels are available through ERM Business Energy's partners and installation can be arranged through qualified suppliers.
The company has also helped produce Solpod, which claims to be the first mobile solution to deploy and install large-scale commercial rooftop solar installations. Solpod panels are prefabricated for quick installation. They attach to rooftops without penetrating the roof, which means the panels can be easily removed and moved to a new location if the business relocates.
Can my business get GreenPower?
Yes, you can choose to purchase government-accredited renewable energy for your business through the GreenPower program. This allows you to make voluntary contributions towards supporting renewable energy. However, you'll have to pay more for GreenPower.
Additionally, ERM offers a Corporate Renewable Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) that allows large businesses to buy into additional renewable energy such as wind or solar. With a PPA, you'll pay a fixed price for a large-scale generation certificate (LGC). In return, your business will get a portion of the revenue the LGC generates.
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your ERM Business Energy bills in the following ways:
Why consider ERM Business Energy?
- Expert advice. You can get help from business energy specialists on how to reduce your energy use as well as how to switch to solar or invest in other renewables.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your bill with BPAY, direct debit, credit card or cheque.
- Free app. Monitor your businesses energy use from anywhere with the ERM Power app.
- Energy management. With an energy management program, you can learn how to help your business cut costs. Energy management can also help you reduce electricity consumption and improve sustainability.
More guides on Finder
Best split system air conditioners in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of split system air conditioners to determine the best available in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Australia’s greenest banks
Which Australian banks are really doing their bit for the environment? Find out with the Finder Green Awards.
Best electricity plans for solar owners
Compare feed-in tariffs and more to find a good value plan.
Energy plans for renters
Renting shouldn't mean settling for a terrible energy plan. Find out how to make the best of your move.
Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Generation review
Ring's updated low-cost video doorbell is easy to install and provides great video monitoring, but the switch to a fixed battery makes it somewhat a downgrade as well.
Red Energy vs Origin
Red Energy vs Origin Energy: Compare rates, plans features and incentives in four states.
Alinta vs AGL
Alinta Energy and AGL compete closely on price in many states.
Origin vs Simply Energy
Origin vs Simply Energy: Which brand offers better electricity rates in your state?
Lower your household bills
Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert