Review: Bittrex Global cryptocurrency exchange
Trade on Bittrex Global to find a wide range of crypto-to-crypto markets.
- Good for straightforward trading without superfluous features
- Not so great for high volume traders who want tiered fee discounts
|Product Name||Bittrex Global|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, ETH, ADA, BSV, ALGO, BCH, LINK, LTC, PAX, XRP & 260+ more|
|Withdrawal Fees||Fees vary|
Learn more about Bittrex
What's in this guide?
- Learn more about Bittrex
- What fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Which payments methods are accepted?
- What's it like to use Bittrex?
- Fees and limits
- How fast will my funds be available?
- Is Bittrex Global safe to use?
- How do I create an account at Bittrex?
- What else do I need to know about Bittrex?
- In a nutshell
- Compare Bittrex against other exchanges
- Frequently asked questions
What fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies: USD
- Supported cryptocurrencies: Approximately 273 cryptocurrencies
Which payments methods are accepted?
- Bank transfer
- Credit card
- Debit card
What's it like to use Bittrex?
Fees and limits
The fees below are accurate as of 3 December 2019.
Bittrex Global trading fees are fixed at 0.25% per trade.
How fast will my funds be available?
Cryptocurrency deposits may take several minutes to several hours to complete, depending on the network status at the time and on your transfer fees.
Cryptocurrency withdrawals may complete in a few minutes, or a few hours, depending on the situation.
Is Bittrex Global safe to use?
- Regulation. Bittrex Global is a European company located in Liechtenstein. It complies with applicable European laws that regulate cryptocurrency exchanges and AML/KYC obligations.
- Verification process. Verification is required for trading on Bittrex Global.
- Security features. Bittrex follows industry best practices such as keeping the majority of user funds in cold storage.
There are no known instances of Bittrex being hacked; however, individuals have lost funds after being personally targeted through SIM swapping attacks. Some victims of SIM swapping have accused Bittrex of negligence, after it failed to prevent transactions that, according to the victims, should have been regarded as suspicious.
How do I create an account at Bittrex?
What else do I need to know about Bittrex?
While Bittrex Global is based in Liechtenstein, Bittrex itself was founded in the USA, and through its USD markets, it serves a wide range of users.
In a nutshell
- Simple fee structure. Bittrex's trading fees are simple and straightforward.
- API trading available. Users can trade with bots and other custom systems through the Bittrex API.
- Mediocre trading fees. Bittrex's flat 0.25% trading fees are higher than some equivalent platforms.
- Limited fiat offerings. Bittrex only offers fiat deposits on special request to eligible users.