Active Super | Performance, features and fees
Active Super is an industry fund with more than 85,000 members that's open to all Australians.
Active Super (previously Local Government Super) is an industry super fund originally dedicated to local government employees, but now open to all Australians to join today. Members can choose how they'd like their super invested, with five pre-made investment options available.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Annual fees on $50k balance
|Product Name||Active Super Balanced Growth|
|Past performance - 5 Years||7.66%|
|Annual admin fee||$71.24 + 0.25% of balance p.a.|
|Number of members||86,000|
Performance figures quoted on this page are correct to December 2020, according to Chant West. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
Key features of Active Super
- Industry super fund that's open to all Australians to join
- Five ready-made investment options to choose from
- More than 85,000 members and $12 billion in funds under management
Active Super investment options
Active Super offers members the choice of five pre-made investment options. These options invest your super in different ways, depending on the level of risk you're comfortable with and the length of your investment time frame.
What fees does Active Super charge?
The below example shows the fees you'll pay if you have $50,000 invested in the Balanced Growth option.
Example annual cost of a $50,000 balance in Active Super Balanced Growth
- Annual admin fee: $71.24 + 0.25% of balance
- Indirect costs, including investment fees: 0.75% of balance
- Calculated annual cost of product: $571.24
How do I join Active Super?
If you're ready to join Active Super, you can join online via its website. The application process is simple and should only take you 10–15 minutes to complete.
To complete the online application form you will need to provide:
- Your name, date of birth and contact information (including your phone number and email address)
- Your Tax File Number (while supplying your TFN is not compulsory, doing so ensures that your contributions and benefits will be taxed at the lowest possible rate)
You'll be sent the details of your new Active Super account shortly after completing the online application form. If you'd like your employer to make your compulsory super payments into this fund, be sure to give your employer your Active Super account details.