What is Needlestick Insurance?
Needlestick insurance is a type of insurance that is especially designed for those who are working directly with needles and syringes. For example, it is designed for those who are in the medical field, such as dentists, doctors and health care workers. However, since tattoo artists are also working directly with needles, they are also exposed to these sharp instruments which might be contaminated with diseases, such as HIV and Hepatitis and other blood borne diseases.
Read on to learn more of the benefits of Zurich Needlestick Insurance or enter your details below to receive a quote for cover.
Getting Needlestick Insurance
If you are someone who is constantly exposed to accidents caused by needle-sticks, it is a wise move to have yourself protected financially against such risks. Having sufficient cover is like going to war with your full metal gear. But if you are not aware of the features of the cover, here are three tips on how and where to obtain needle-stick injury insurance:
- Ask your employer if their insurance plan includes needle-stick coverage. In other fields, the cover is provided automatically although some would require their employees to get one before they start the job.
- Ask your current health care insurance provider if you have needle-stick cover under your present policy. If none, then you could ask what necessary provisions are there to obtain needle-stick cover.
- Purchase insurance that will provide you with this cover. Just make sure that you read all the terms and conditions and understands the policy. Ask questions what the limitations and advantages of the policy are.
How to Get the Zurich Needlestick Insurance
If you are a medical practitioner, you might be considering getting Needlestick Insurance. However, not all policies will automatically include an give extra payment for needle-stick injuries, while others are specifically designed to pay a lesser benefit for general cover and a larger benefit for needle-stick injury.
Zurich Financial Service offer Needlestick Cover in three of their products.
Zurich Protection Plus
- This product gives you the flexibility to choose any combination of Death Cover, TPD Cover, and Trauma Cover. You can also choose a standalone cover depending on your budget.
- If you get any of the three covers under the extra costs options, the Zurich Needlestick Insurance is included.
Zurich Income Replacement
- This not only pays you a regular income when you suffer from an illness or injury, but also gives you the option to have Needlestick Cover. This is ideal for those who are constantly exposed to needle-stick injury wanting to have Income Protection as well.
Zurich Select Term Plus
- This term life insurance is offered by Zurich Financial Services with no maximum amount of cover. You can also choose the length of your cover – from 5 to 15 years. With a 24/7 support worldwide, this product also provides a needle-stick cover option.
- The Needlestick Cover pays you a lump sum equal to your insured amount which totals between $50,000 and $1,000,000 if you accidentally contracted HIV, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C.
What does the Zurich Needlestick Insurance Cover?
The Zurich Needlestick Insurance covers 12 to 38 types of diseases. And since accidents happen, it also gives cover for accidental infections caused by needle-stick and sharps injury, splash back, inhalation of blood or bone during a medical procedure, and saliva.
It also gives cover to a wide range of occupations such as doctors, nurses, pathologists, ambulance officers, dentists, police and security personnel, and even teachers.
Why Choose Zurich Needlestick Insurance?
There are a lot of insurance providers who might also be offering needle-stick cover to its customers. Each of them has their own advantages and disadvantages. But when you are contemplating of getting the right cover for you and your family, there are three factors that come into play – the provider, the policy, and the price. When you have asked the right questions concerning these three elements, you will be able to device a good financial strategy.
- Zurich has been one of the oldest insurance providers not only in Australia but around the world. With a 120-year history, the length of time they have been around would speak a lot about their reputation.
- Aside from this, the company has been known for their ‘firsts’. To date, they have been the first insurance provider to provide Flood Cover in Australia, and the first to launch a web-based commercial processing system called the Z-Stream.
- Most of the time, people shy away from insurance because of a lack of options. Zurich, on the other hand, gives its clients the flexibility to choose from three different products which also provides the Zurich Needlestick Insurance cover.
- With the three options to choose from, you are not constrained to a certain policy. Instead, you have the freedom which cover goes together according to how you deem each of them important.
- Zurich offers some of the most competitively priced products in the market which provides sufficient cover for anyone. The price of your policy may vary according to your age, your occupation, your health, and how long you want cover.
- Being carefree in life is different than being unprepared for what it brings. If you are one of those who are under constant risk of needle-stick injury, it is wise that you think about your future and the necessary cover you have for it. And being prepared could mean getting insurance, like the Zurich Needlestick Insurance.