Review: Zebpay cryptocurrency exchange
Buy and sell cryptocurrency with a popular global crypto platform and app.
- Great because it has low/no fee brokerage
- Not so great if you're looking for an exchange with a wide coin selection
|Product Name||Zebpay Cryptocurrency Exchange App|
|Fiat Currencies||AUD, EUR|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, EOS|
Bank transfer (ACH)
|Deposit Fees||Fees vary|
|Withdrawal Fees||Fees vary|
Learn more about Zebpay
What fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies: AUD, EUR
- Supported cryptocurrencies: 6 cryptocurrencies
Which payment methods are accepted?
- Bank transfer (ACH)
What's it like to use Zebpay
Fees and limits
Platform trading fees
Zebpay specifies a 0.4% trading fee for corporate and trust fund customers. It does not specify its fees for retail customers, but claims "zero trading fees across our platform".
Deposit and withdrawal fees
Zebpay does not charge any fiat deposit or withdrawal fees.
Network withdrawal and deposit fees apply for cryptocurrency transfers.
|Cryptocurrency deposits||Network fees apply|
|BTC withdrawal||Variable network fees apply|
|ETH withdrawal||0.015 ETH fixed fee|
|LTC withdrawal||0.01 LTC fixed fee|
|XRP withdrawal||0.15 XRP fixed fee|
|BCH withdrawal||0.001 BCH|
|Deposit||0.000001 BTC||100 BTC per transaction|
|Withdrawal (unverified)||0.0005 BTC||1 BTC per transaction, 2 BTC per day, 5 BTC per month|
|Withdrawal (verified)||0.0005 BTC||5 BTC per transaction, 10 BTC per day, 50 BTC per month|
How fast will my funds be available?
Up to 5 days
Cryptocurrency deposits can complete within minutes depending on the coin.
Fiat deposit may take up to five days with bank transfers or can be done instantly with POLi deposits.
Usually within minutes
Cryptocurrency wallet transfers will typically complete within minutes depending on the state of the network.
Same or next day
Withdrawal times vary depending on whether you're making a cryptocurrency or fiat withdrawal.
Is Zebpay safe to use?
- Regulation. Australia-based cryptocurrency exchanges are required to be registered with AUSTRAC, and Zebpay is a registered company under ABN 45 629 939 948.
- Verification process. Verification is mandatory for everyone who wants to trade cryptocurrency on Zebpay. Australian customers are required to provide the standard AUSTRAC-required 100 points of identification.
- Security features. Zebpay is a mobile-first platform, so your mobile number serves as your unique ID. A combination of mobile verification and a PIN number is required to access Zebpay accounts. In addition to this, Zebpay says it follows best industry security practices, including holding 98% of customer crypto in air-gapped cold storage and conducting frequent third-party security testing.
How do I create an account at Zebpay?
What else do I need to know about Zebpay?
Zebpay has been involved in cryptocurrency since 2011, primarily as one of India's largest cryptocurrency exchanges. Following the Indian government's crackdown on cryptocurrency, it turned its attention internationally.
Zebpay has handled the equivalent of billions of dollars in customer assets since 2011.
In a nutshell
- Mobile first. Zebpay is largely mobile-focused and offers an intuitive experience for mobile users.
- Lightning payments. You can make payments via the Bitcoin Lightning Network through Zebpay.
- No fee trading. Zebpay says it has no trading fees, although it also lists some fees.
- Limited liquidity. Zebpay's public market has limited activity.
- AUD and EUR only. Zebpay has a limited range of fiat currencies.
- Limited crypto range. Zebpay has a limited range of cryptocurrencies.