How to earn Qantas Points with Woolworths Everyday Rewards
Want your Woolworths shopping to reward you with Qantas Points instead of Everyday Rewards points? Here’s how to do it.
If you're a member of Everyday Rewards (previously Woolworths Rewards), you can choose to get Qantas Points instead of money off your shop at Woolworths and other partners. Switching between these reward options is easy, and you'll get 1,000 Qantas Points for every 2,000 Everyday Rewards points you earn.
How can I earn Qantas Points through Everyday Rewards?
With Everyday Rewards, the default option is to get $10 off your shop at Woolworths or other partners when you have earned 2,000 points. You can switch to earning Qantas Points using the following steps:
- Log in to your Everyday Rewards account online or via the app.
- Click on "My Account" and then on "My Rewards Choice".
- Select the Qantas Points option and follow the prompts to confirm your choice.
You'll also need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number to start earning points.
After that, you'll get 1,000 Qantas Points added to your frequent flyer account once you have earned 2,000 Everyday Rewards points.
What if you're not a Qantas Frequent Flyer member?
If you haven't joined Qantas Frequent Flyer yet, you can sign up for free when you choose to earn Qantas Points through Everyday Rewards. This saves you $99.50 on the usual joining fee.
All you have to do is select "I'd like to join the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program" once you've chosen the Qantas Points option for your rewards and then fill in the membership form.
How many Qantas Points can I earn at Woolworths?
You earn a minimum of 1 Everyday Rewards point per $1 spent in-store and online at Woolworths, Big W, BWS and Ampol or Woolworths-Caltex branded service stations. This works out to around 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
This isn't the most competitive earn rate, so you might want to also consider a Qantas Frequent Flyer credit card if you're looking to earn more Qantas Points on daily transactions.
Is it worth converting Woolworths Everyday Rewards Points to Qantas Points?
You can get more value from Qantas Points than Everyday Rewards Points, but it does depend on how you use them. In general, Qantas Points offer the highest value when you redeem them for flights (including flight upgrades).
But if you don't travel a lot or aren't actively earning Qantas Points in any other way, you might prefer to use Everyday Rewards to get money off your shop.
Example: Comparing the value of Qantas Points vs Everyday Rewards Points
To give you an idea of the value your points could give you, let's look at a one-way economy flight from Sydney to Melbourne.
- Points needed to redeem the flight: 8,000 Qantas Points.
- Cost if you paid for the flight: Typically between $100 and $200.
- Value of points: Every 1,000 Qantas Points would be worth between $12.50 and $25 for this reward (based on the cost if you paid for a flight).
In comparison, the value of 2,000 Everyday Rewards Points is $10 when you use your points to get money off your shop at Woolworths or another partner.
As 2,000 Everyday Rewards Points gives you 1,000 Qantas Points, in this example you'd get more value by transferring your Everyday Rewards Points to Qantas Points.
Bottom line? Think about what reward you'll get the most value from based on what your plans are for travel and shopping (as well as what's most convenient for you).
Important conditions to remember
- Opt in to Qantas Points. By default, your purchases will earn Everyday Rewards points. You’ll need to opt into the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points redemption offer if you’d like to convert your Everyday Rewards points for Qantas rewards.
- Points expiry. If you don’t have any activity in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account for 18 months, your Qantas Points will expire. Choosing to earn Qantas Points through your Everyday Rewards account can help you avoid losing your frequent flyer point balance.
- Eligible purchases. Note that the Everyday Rewards program only earns points on eligible purchases. This excludes gift cards, mobile phone cards, tobacco products, Internet cafés, cash withdrawals and selected services.
Want to earn more Qantas Points? Compare Qantas credit cards below and check out other ways to earn Qantas Points.
Credit cards that earn Qantas Points
If you want to earn Qantas Points twice for your Woolworths spending, you can double dip with a credit card. You'll earn Qantas Points directly on the credit card you use to pay, plus the points you earn by scanning your Everyday rewards card.
More guides on Finder
Woolworths Qantas Platinum Credit Card
The Woolworths Qantas Platinum Credit Card offers a discounted annual fee, balance transfer promotion and uncapped Qantas Points per $1 spent.
Everyday Rewards: Your Woolworths rewards questions, answered
Everything you need to know about the Everyday Rewards program and how you can maximise the points you earn with your grocery shopping.
Woolworths WISH gift cards
Learn how to buy and use a Woolworths WISH gift card in-store and online.
Woolworths Everyday Platinum Credit Card
Save with a $0 annual fee in the first year and a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer with the Woolworths Everyday Platinum card.
Ask an Expert