How to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points with Everyday Rewards
How to turn your next supermarket shop into Points with Everyday Rewards.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you shop at Woolworths supermarkets you can earn Qantas Points for your spending through the Everyday Rewards program. You can earn 1 Everyday Rewards point per $1 spent at Woolworths, BWS and other partnered brands, which will be converted to Qantas Points as soon as you earn 2,000 Everyday Rewards. Here, you can find out how it works, how to set it up and calculate how many Qantas Points you'll earn for your everyday spending through Everyday Rewards.
What's in this guide?
- How can I earn Qantas Points through Everyday Rewards?
- How many Qantas Points can I earn at Woolworths?
- How do I link my Everyday Rewards account to my Qantas Frequent Flyer account?
- How do I convert Everyday Rewards into Qantas Points?
- Important conditions to remember
- Frequently asked questions
- Credit cards that earn Qantas Points
How can I earn Qantas Points through Everyday Rewards?
Everyday Rewards members can earn up to 3 Woolworths Point per $1 spent at Woolworths supermarkets, Woolworths online and BWS. When you’re at the cash register, you just need to scan your Everyday Rewards card at the terminal before the transaction is finalised and the points will transfer to your account.
To convert your Everyday Rewards points to Qantas Points, you'll need to add your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details to your Everyday Rewards account and select "Qantas Points" as your preferred redemption option. Then, once you’ve reached $10 worth of Woolworths Points (that is, 2,000 Woolworths Points), they’ll be converted into 1,000 Qantas Points. Your points should appear in your Qantas account within 24 hours. This means that you’ll earn an average of 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. This isn’t the most competitive earn rate, so you might want to also consider a Qantas Frequent Flyer credit card if you’re looking to earn more Qantas Points on daily transactions.
Picture: Everyday Rewards
Unlike when the Everyday Rewards program was in place, there’s no longer a minimum spend requirement to earn Qantas Points when shopping at Woolworths.
Once your Everyday Rewards have been converted into Qantas Points, you can redeem them as you would your regular frequent flyer points. This includes flights with Qantas and its partner airlines and a variety of products and gift cards from the Qantas Store.
How many Qantas Points can I earn at Woolworths?
Enter how much you'd usually spend each week at Woolworths and its partners to calculate how many Qantas Points you could earn each week or year.
How do I link my Everyday Rewards account to my Qantas Frequent Flyer account?
You can link your frequent flyer account with your Everyday Rewards account in two ways:
- Online. Log in online at woolworthsrewards.com.au, select "My Account" in the top right corner and then "Cards and accounts". Navigate to "Link your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership". Make sure to have your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number handy.
- Over the phone. Contact Everyday Rewards on 1300 10 1234 and select option "1". Again, make sure to have your Qantas Frequent Flyer account details on hand before you make the call.
Please note that the Qantas Frequent Flyer account must be under the same name as your Everyday Rewards account. So you won’t be able to link your Everyday Rewards card with your partner or a friend’s Qantas account unless they’re the primary rewards cardholder.
How do I convert Everyday Rewards into Qantas Points?
If you want to convert your Everyday Rewards into Qantas Points, you’ll need to follow these instructions:
- Login to your Everyday Rewards account.
- Select "My Account".
- Select "Redemption Settings" and follow the prompts to choose "Qantas Points".
It should take up to 7 days for Qantas Points to appear in your account.
Important conditions to remember
- Opt into Qantas Points. By default, your purchases will earn Everyday Rewards points. You’ll need to opt into the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points redemption offer if you’d like to convert your Everyday Rewards points for Qantas rewards.
- Points expiry. If you don’t have any activity in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account for 18 months, your Qantas Points will expire.
- Eligible purchases. Please note that you can only earn Everyday Rewards points (and therefore Qantas Points) on eligible purchases. This excludes gift cards, mobile phone cards, tobacco products, internet cafés, cash outs and selected services.
If you’re a Everyday Rewards member, the program upgrade is good news if you’re looking to build up your Qantas Points when grocery shopping. As you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per Woolworths Point, you might want to consider other ways you can earn Qantas Points on everyday expenses if you really want to bolster your frequent flyer balance.
Frequently asked questions
Credit cards that earn Qantas Points
If you want to earn Qantas Points twice for your Woolworths spending, you can double dip with a credit card. You'll earn Qantas Points directly on the credit card you use to pay, plus the points you earn by scanning your Everyday rewards card.
More guides on Finder
Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard – Exclusive Offer
Enjoy 10,000 bonus points and 12 months interest-free on balance transfers and purchases. Plus, an ongoing $0 annual fee.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card offers 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, no pre-set spending limit and platinum perks including complimentary insurances.
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
How to switch from WhatsApp to Signal in 2021
What you need to know about making the move to Signal, the privacy-first secure messaging app.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Red Energy Business review April 2021
Earn Qantas Points every time you pay your bill with business plans from Red Energy.
Ask an Expert