How to turn your next grocery shop into Qantas Frequent Flyer Points with Woolworths Rewards.
Woolworths Rewards members can turn their grocery shopping into Qantas Points as of August 2016. Previously, you could only redeem your Woolworths Dollars for Qantas Points when you received an email offer (which didn’t happen often) or when you spent more than $30 when Everyday Rewards was in place. As of 31 August 2016, though, Woolworths Rewards members have been able to convert their Woolworths Rewards points to Qantas Points whenever they like.
How can I earn Qantas Points through Woolworths Rewards?
Woolworths Rewards members can earn up to 3 Woolworths Point per $1 spent at Woolworths supermarkets, Woolworths online and BWS. When you’re at the cash register, you just need to scan your Woolworths Rewards card at the terminal before the transaction is finalised and the points will transfer to your account.
Rather than waiting for an offer to land in their inbox, Woolworths Rewards member can now automatically transfer their Woolworths Rewards Points into Qantas Points. Once you’ve reached $10 worth of Woolworths Points (that is, 2,000 Woolworths Points), they’ll be converted into 870 Qantas Points. This means that you’ll earn 0.43 Qantas Points per $1 spent. Obviously, this isn’t the most competitive earn rate, so you might want to also consider a Qantas Frequent Flyer credit card if you’re looking to earn more Qantas Points on daily transactions.
Picture: Woolworths Rewards.
Unlike when the Everyday Rewards program was in place, there’s no longer a minimum spend requirement to earn Qantas Points when shopping at Woolworths.
Once your Woolworths Rewards have been converted into Qantas Points, you can redeem them as you would your regular frequent flyer points. This includes flights with Qantas and its partner airlines and a variety of products and gift cards from the Qantas Store.
How many Qantas Points can I earn at Woolworths?
Enter how much you'd usually spend each week at Woolworths and its partners to calculate how many Qantas Points you could earn each week or year.
How do I link my Woolworths Rewards account to my Qantas Frequent Flyer account?
You can link your frequent flyer account with your Woolworths Rewards account in two ways:
Log in online at woolworthsrewards.com.au, select "My Account" in the top right corner and then "Cards and accounts". Navigate to "Link your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership". Make sure to have your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number handy.
- Over the phone
Contact Woolworths Rewards on 1300 10 1234 and select option "1". Again, make sure to have your Qantas Frequent Flyer account details on hand before you make the call.
Please note that the Qantas Frequent Flyer account must be under the same name as your Woolworths Rewards account. So you won’t be able to link your Woolworths Rewards card with your partner or a friend’s Qantas account unless they’re the primary rewards cardholder.
How do I convert Woolworths Rewards into Qantas Points?
If you want to convert your Woolworths Rewards into Qantas Points, you’ll need to follow these instructions:
- Login to your Woolworths Rewards account.
- Select "My Account".
- Select "Redemption Settings" and follow the prompts to choose "Qantas Points".
It should take up to 7 days for Qantas Points to appear in your account.
Important conditions to remember
- Opt into Qantas Points. By default, your purchases will earn Woolworths Rewards points. You’ll need to opt into the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points redemption offer if you’d like to convert your Woolworths Rewards points for Qantas rewards.
- Points exchange rate. For every 2,000 Woolworths Points (remember there’s an earn rate of 1 point per $1), you’ll earn 870 Qantas Points. This means you’ll be earning 0.43 Qantas Points per dollar spent.
- Points expiry. If you don’t have any activity in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account for 18 months, your Qantas Points will expire.
- Eligible purchases. Please note that you can only earn Woolworths Rewards points (and therefore Qantas Points) on eligible purchases. This excludes gift cards, mobile phone cards, tobacco products, internet cafés, cash outs and selected services.
If you’re a Woolworths Rewards member, the program upgrade is good news if you’re looking to build up your Qantas Points when grocery shopping. As you will earn less than 0.5 Qantas Points per Woolworths Point, you might want to consider other ways you can earn Qantas Points on everyday expenses if you really want to bolster your frequent flyer balance.