Build the super balance you need to fund a stable and secure retirement with Intrust Super
Intrust Super has been looking after the superannuation needs of its members since 1988.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
With more than 1250,000 members and 12,000 employers on its books, Intrust Super specifically caters for those who work in the hospitality, clubs, tourism and retail sectors. It has approximately $1.9 billion in assets under management.
Intrust Super offers three superannuation products designed to suit the needs of different members and provide access to a wide range of asset classes.
It also offers two Super Stream Pension options for those who are approaching or have reached retirement, plus a range of flexible insurance options.
What awards and honours has Intrust Super earned?
- 2013-2015: Money Magazine Best of the Best Award for Best Value Insurance in Superannuation
- 2006-2016: SuperRatings 10-Year Platinum Performance Award
- 2016 SuperRatings Platinum Award - Choice Super
- 2016 SuperRatings Platinum Award - Pension
A closer look at Intrust Super
Intrust Super offers three types of super accounts. The first, Core Super, is the fund’s MySuper-approved option that provides a simple and low-cost super solution. The second account is called Executive Super and is designed for those who want to take a hands-on approach to managing their super, while the third, Select Super, is designed for self-employed members.
Each of these accounts can be quickly and easily managed online, and members are given a choice of up to ten ready-made investment options or any mix of asset classes they prefer. The available investment options are:
- Combined Shares
- Bonds / Fixed Interest
- Australian Shares
- International Shares
What’s internet banking like for Intrust Super?
Intrust Super members can manage their superannuation online 24/7 through the MemberAccess service. This allows you to change your investment options and update your details whenever it is convenient for you.Back to top
What super funds are offered by Intrust Super?
- Core Super. This MySuper option from Intrust is designed to make it easy, flexible and affordable to manage your super. With no entry fee and flexible contribution options, Core Super offers a choice of eight ready-made investment options or any mix of these. Income protection insurance and two units of life and TPD insurance are included as standard, while optional additional life and TPD cover are also available. An administration fee of $1.50 applies.
- Executive Super. Designed with executives in mind, this product is for Intrust Super members who prefer to take a more active, hands-on approach to managing their superannuation. There is no entry fee and members have access to 10 ready-made investment options (five are pooled and five are individual asset class options) or any mix of these. Income protection insurance is automatically included, as are up to five units of life and TPD cover without the need to provide medical evidence. An administration fee of $1.75 per week applies.
- Select Super. Intrust Super’s Select Super option is designed for members who won’t have an employer paying contributions to their account, such as the self-employed or spouses of Intrust Super members. There is no entry fee and members have access to 10 ready-made investment options (five are pooled and five are individual asset class options) or any mix of these. Two units of life and TPD cover are automatically provided without the need to supply medical evidence, while you can also take out income protection insurance if you wish. An administration fee of $1.75 per week applies.
What pension accounts offered by Intrust Super?
Intrust Super offers Super Stream, a low-cost pension option that offers a wide range of investment choices and the opportunity to select between a lump sum or regular payments for those who have retired or who are nearing retirement. Members can take advantage of a choice of 10 ready-made investment options (five are pooled and five are individual asset class options) or any mix of these. The pension is available in two options:
- Super Stream Transition to Retirement. This account allows you to withdraw from your super balance while you’re still working, allowing you to top up your income. Income payments can be received semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annually.
- Super Stream Retirement Pension. The Super Stream Retirement Pension is designed for those who are already retired or who plan to retire soon. It offers a regular ongoing income but also allows you to make lump sum withdrawals when you want. You can choose how often you receive a payment and how much income you want to receive.
How to apply for Intrust Super super funds?
Before deciding whether to joint Intrust Super, make sure to compare a range of superannuation funds at finder.com.au. You will also need to read the relevant product disclosure statement, available through the Intrust Super website.
If you’ve done your research and decided that Intrust Super is right for you, it’s quick and easy to apply online. You’ll need to:
- Select your choice of Core Super, Executive Super or Select Super
- Provide your full name, address, date of birth and contact information
- Provide your Tax File Number
- Choose your investment options
- Provide any details of your current/previous super fund
- Review the details you provide and confirm your membership application
Intrust Super offers a wide selection of superannuation investment options to suit the needs and appetite for risk of many different members. Compare Intrust Super’s super funds with those of other superannuation providers to ensure that you find the right super fund for your needs.
More guides on Finder
What is superannuation?
Superannuation is the main way of saving for your retirement in Australia. Your superannuation is one big investment portfolio in your name that's managed for you by your super fund.
YourSuper tool: What to know before comparing your super fund
The ATO's new YourSuper tool ranks MySuper funds on their annual fees and performance, and allows you to compare 4 funds side-by-side.
Picking your first super fund this year? 6 things you should know
SPONSORED: Instead of taking the first one that's offered to you, why not figure out which super fund is actually best for you? You'll thank yourself later.
Finder Super Fund Awards 2021
The Finder Super Fund Awards 2021 recognise Australia's best super funds.
Suncorp Brighter Super Multi-Manager Growth Fund
The Suncorp Brighter Super Multi-Manager Growth Fund is a top-performing growth super fund that invests in a range of different assets, with a focus on shares and property.
2 in 3 Australians do not top up their super
Australians are at risk of leaving themselves short-changed in retirement according to new research by Finder.
5 things to consider before choosing your employer’s default super fund
SPONSORED: Your super is one of the most important investments you'll ever make. Don't leave the decision up to someone else
There are 24.4 million super accounts in Australia from a total of 84 funds, with MySuper assets equalling $812 billion. Find out more in our report.
Best-performing super fund over 10 years revealed
The top-performing growth super fund achieved an average return of 9.0% p.a. over the last 10 years.
Has the GameStop, AMC trading frenzy impacted your super?
If your superannuation is invested in a well-diversified fund, you shouldn't be too concerned about the Reddit-fuelled GME and AMC trading events.
Ask an Expert