Get a free Qantas flight by taking out a loan
There’s car loans that offer great features to help you save, and then there’s the Macquarie Car Loan. Borrow money to finance a new or used car with Macquarie and you’ll earn one Qantas Point for every dollar you borrow. With a maximum of 100,000 Qantas Points available, there’s some serious rewards on offer for a loan that also comes with competitive rates and flexible features.
- Best Line of Credit Loan in Money Magazine’s Best of the Best Awards 2014
- Best Loan Provider at the SMSF Awards 2014
- Best Investment Bank (Australia) by Global Finance Magazine in 2014
Things to consider about the Macquarie Car Loan
This loan can be used to finance a new or used vehicle purchase for amounts over $10,000. You’ll repay the amount you borrow at a competitive rate of 7.6% p.a.. and earn one Qantas Point for every dollar you finance, up to a maximum of 100,000 points. The loan comes with an establishment fee of $395 and there is also a monthly fee that must be paid.
Features of the Macquarie Car Loan
- Loan amount. Varying loan amounts are available, making the loan suitable for a wide range of vehicle purchases. You can borrow between $10,000 and $250,000.
- Loan term. You can repay your loan over a period of 1 to 7 years.
- Macquarie Vehicle Select. Unsure of what car to buy? Macquarie offers a personal car sourcing and buying service that can help you get a better deal on a new vehicle, as well as save you time and hassle searching for a new car.
- Tailored loan options. Macquarie will assign a consultant to your loan account to help tailor a loan structure to suit your needs.
- Purpose of the loan. The loan can only be used to finance a car purchase, but the car can be old or new and can be replacing an existing vehicle.
Earning Qantas Points: what you need to know
Qantas Points are earned for every dollar you finance, up to a maximum of 100,000 points. Points are credited directly to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account after the loan is settled, so you’ll need to be a member in order to earn these points. The joining fee for the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is currently $89.50, although there are ways to earn free Qantas membership.. You can then use these points to redeem Awards flights, travel rewards, vouchers, as well as shopping products and gifts from the Qantas Store.
Before applying for this loan it’s important to consider the fees and charges that apply:
- An establishment fee of $505
- A monthly service fee of $8.10
- Personal Property Securities Register
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for the Macquarie Car Loan, you can select ‘go to site’ above this page. From there, you’ll need to submit some details in order to request a callback from Macquarie. The following information will be required:
- Your name and contact details
- The type of finance you’re interested in
- A preferential time for Macquarie to contact you
Once you have submitted this information a member of Macquarie’s team will be in contact with you to start the application process.
If you’re after a loan that rewards you for each dollar you borrow, the Macquarie Car Loan is a good option to consider. Be sure to compare this offer to similar car loans so you can select the best option for your needs.