Review: Huobi cryptocurrency exchange – September 2021
|Product Name||Huobi Cryptocurrency Exchange|
|Fiat Currencies||GBP, USD, AUD, EUR, INR, BRL, KHR, CAD,CNY, NZD & 15+ more|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, BCH, ETH, XRP, LTC, DOT, DASH, ETC, EOS, QTUM & 210+ more|
Learn more about:
Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies: GBP, USD, AUD, EUR, INR, BRL, KHR, CAD,CNY, NZD & 15+ more
- Supported cryptocurrencies: Approximately 226 cryptocurrencies
Which payment methods are accepted?
- Wire transfer
What's it like to use Huobi?
Fees and limits
Platform trading fees
The base crypto to crypto trade fee is 0.2% for all pairs. This can be reduced through high trading volumes.
|Trade volume (30 day USDT)||Maker fee||Taker fee|
|0 to 5 million||0.2%||0.2%|
|5 to 10 million||0.04%||0.060%|
|10 to 15 million||0.035%||0.055%|
|15 to 25 million||0.030%||0.055%|
|25 to 35 million||0.030%||0.045%|
|35 to 70 million||0.025%||0.040%|
|70 to 150 million||0.025%||0.035%|
|150 to 300 million||0.025%||0.030%|
The rate for fiat to crypto trades depends on whether you are placing an order (maker) or are taking an existing order (taker), and the currencies you are trading.
|Currency||Maker fee||Taker fee|
|CNY - BTC/ETH||0.0%||0%|
|CNY - USDT/HUSD||0.0%||0%|
|CNY - EOS/HT/XRP, LTC||0.2%||0%|
|All other trades||0.7%||0%|
Deposit and withdrawal fees
Network fees apply to cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals, while fiat currency fees will vary depending on the payment method and the currencies.
The withdrawal limits will similarly vary depending on the currency or cryptocurrency being withdrawn, and whether or not you are a verified user.
You can find your limits on the withdraw screen when you are logged in.
How fast will my funds be available?
The number of confirmations required for deposits varies depending on the cryptocurrency. It will typically take a few minutes.
The number of confirmations required for cryptocurrency withdrawals varies, but it will typically take more confirmations than deposits.
Is Huobi Global safe to use?
- Regulation. Huobi Global is incorporated in the Seychelles and may not be legal or regulated in your jurisdiction. If you use Huobi, you are responsible for ensuring you are complying with any relevant laws and regulations of your jurisdiction.
- Verification process. Huobi does not require verification for all users, but reserves the right to request the information needed to verify any customers in line with its AML/KYC obligations. Verification is required for higher withdrawal limits.
- Security features. Huobi has been in operation since 2013 and it says it follows industry best practices such as keeping ~98% of user funds in cold storage at any given time. It claims to have an "investor protection fund" which can be used to reimburse affected users in the event of a hack.
How do I create an account at Huobi?
What else do I need to know about Huobi?
Huobi has been in operation since 2013. It was formerly based in China but has moved around the world as regulations change in different locations.
It's currently incorporated in the Seychelles.
In a nutshell
- Wide selection: Huobi offers a wide range of coins.
- Good liquidity: As a large and well-known exchange, Huobi has deeper liquidity than many other exchanges.
- Feature-filled: Huobi offers a range of features such as margin trading, fiat currency order books and more.
- Loosely regulated: Trading on Huobi is done largely at your own risk.
- Not ideal for beginners: The wide range of features and limited regulatory protections mean Huobi may not be an ideal choice for beginners.