Hostplus is an industry super fund with strong past-performance returns and low fees.
Hostplus is an Australian industry super fund with a focus on the hospitality, tourism, events and sporting sectors; however, anyone is welcome to join. Hostplus is well-known for its consistently strong performance returns. As it's an industry fund, all profits go back into the fund to benefit members.
What are the key features of Hostplus?
- Industry super fund. Hostplus is an industry super fund, which means it's run to benefit members rather than shareholders. It began as a fund for the hospitality, tourism and sporting sector; however, anyone is now free to join.
- Choose from 12 investment options. Choose between five pre-mixed investment portfolios or seven single asset classes.
- MySuper investment option. The Balanced option is the default low-fee, no-frills MySuper option for members who don't wish to choose their own investment option.
- Ethical investments available. There's a socially responsible option available that invests in companies with a positive social and environmental impact.
- Default insurance cover. Eligible members receive automatic death and total permanent disablement (TPD) cover.
- Consolidate your super online. You can opt to consolidate your existing super into your new Hostplus account when joining or any time after you've joined by logging into your online portal.
What investment options are available?
What fees does Hostplus charge?
The following fees apply annually to members invested in the default MySuper option, which is the Balanced pre-mixed option.
- Admin fees. $91.76 per year
- Investment fees (including indirect cost ratio). 1.06% of account balance per year
- Calculate annual fee on $50,000 balance. $621.76
What insurance options are available with Hostplus?
You'll receive the following insurance automatically when you join Hostplus, provided you have no pre-existing conditions:
- Death. This is paid to your beneficiary (usually your spouse or a member of your immediate family) in the event of your unexpected death.
- Total and permanent disability (TPD). This is paid to you in the event you become disabled and can no longer work.
You can increase, reduce or cancel your cover altogether at any time after joining Hostplus. You also have the option of adding income protection insurance and life insurance cover at any point.
How do I join Hostplus?
You can join Hostplus online on the Hostplus website. The application process is simple and should take you less than 20 minutes to complete.
As well as your full name and date of birth, make sure you have the following details handy before you start the application:
- Your Australian residential address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your tax file number (TFN)
- Your chosen investment option and insurance cover
- Details of your existing super fund if you'd like to consolidate your funds during the application process
Once your application has been completed successfully, you'll receive your membership details by email.