Future Super | Performance, features and fees
Future Super doesn’t invest in fossil fuels and instead invests in renewable energy sources like wind and solar farms.
Future Super is a super fund with zero investments in fossil fuels, coal and coal seam gas projects. Instead, the fund invests in renewable energy companies, projects and initiatives such as wind and solar.
Members can choose between three pre-mixed investment options, each with a different level of exposure to renewable energy investments.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Annual fees on $50k balance
|Product Name||Future Super Renewables Plus Growth|
|Past performance - 5 Years||N/A|
|Annual admin fee||$93.60 + 0.554% of balance p.a.|
|Insurance included||Death,TPD,Income Protection|
Performance figures quoted on this page are correct to December 2020, according to Chant West. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
Key features of Future Super
- Zero investments in fossil fuels. Future Super doesn’t invest in the fossil fuel industry and excludes coal, oil and gas manufacturers.
- Invests in sustainable companies. Future Super actively invests in renewable energy projects and initiatives including wind and solar power.
- Three investment options. Members can choose between three different investment options, based on the level of risk you want to accept and the level of exposure to renewable energy you want.
- Certified ethical investment option. Future Super is certified by the Responsible Investment Association of Australasia (RIAA) for its ethical investments.
- Easy super consolidation. You can consolidate your existing super into Future Super online when you join the fund.
What investment options does Future Super offer?
Future Super offers three different investment options to choose from. There’s no default option, so you must select your investment option when joining the fund.
|Investment option||Risk level||Asset allocation||Past one-year performance*|
|Balanced Index||High||Australian shares: 45%|
International shares: 25%
Fixed interest: 25%
This option has 3-5% exposure to renewables.
|N/A - new fund|
|Balanced Impact||High||Australian shares: 35%|
International shares: 25%
Fixed interest: 30%
This option has 8-10% exposure to renewables.
|Renewables Plus Growth||High||Australian shares: 40%|
Fixed interest: 20%
This option has 20% exposure to renewables.
*Past one-year performance as of 30 June 2019. Past performance isn’t a reliable indicator of future performance.
What fees does Future Super charge?
Each investment option charges slightly different fees. The fees for the Renewable Plus Growth option are listed below.
Admin fee: $93.60 + 0.554% of balance per year
Investment fee: 0.8% of balance per year.
Indirect cost ratio: 0.13% of balance per year
Total annual cost on a $50,000 balance: $837.60
What insurance does Future Super offer?
Members can access the following insurance cover, pending eligibility. The cost of the insurance will vary depending on the level of cover, your age and the type of work you do.
- Death cover. This is paid to your beneficiaries in the event of your death or to you if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Total Permanent Disablement (TPD). You will have cover in the event that you become disabled to the point where you can no longer work.
- Income Protection cover. If you’re injured and unable to work, this cover can pay you a regular income.
How do I join Future Super?
You can join Future Super online by heading to its website and clicking the “Join now” button. You’ll need to provide the following information when completing the application form.
- Your personal details including full name, residential address and contact information
- Your employer’s details including the business name and ABN number
- Your tax file number
- The investment option you’d like to join out of the three available options
- The details of your current super fund if you’d like to consolidate your super into your new Future Super account