Future Super | Performance, features and fees
Future Super doesn’t invest in fossil fuels and instead invests in renewable energy sources like wind and solar farms. It offers 3 different investment options to choose between.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Future Super performance and fees
Key features of Future Super
- Zero investments in fossil fuels. Future Super doesn’t invest in the fossil fuel industry and excludes coal, oil and gas manufacturers.
- Invests in sustainable companies. Future Super actively invests in renewable energy projects and initiatives including wind and solar power.
- Three investment options. Members can choose between three different investment options, based on the level of risk you want to accept and the level of exposure to renewable energy you want.
- Certified ethical investment option. Future Super is certified by the Responsible Investment Association of Australasia (RIAA) for its ethical investments.
- Easy super consolidation. You can consolidate your existing super into Future Super online when you join the fund.
What investment options does Future Super offer?
Future Super offers three different investment options to choose from. There’s no default option, so you must select your investment option when joining the fund.
|Investment option||Risk level||Asset allocation|
This option doesn't invest in fossil fuels, however it doesn't actively seek out impact investments in renewable energy.
This option doesn't invest in fossil fuels, plus it actively seeks out some investments in renewable energies, solar power and inclusive finance solutions.
|Renewables Plus Growth|
This option also doesn't invest in fossil fuels, and it has the highest level of investment in sustainable investments, predominantly in solar power. This option has a target of at least 20% asset allocation in renewable energy.
What insurance does Future Super offer?
Members can access the following insurance cover, pending eligibility. The cost of the insurance will vary depending on the level of cover, your age and the type of work you do.
- Death cover. This is paid to your beneficiaries in the event of your death or to you if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Total Permanent Disablement (TPD). You will have cover in the event that you become disabled to the point where you can no longer work.
- Income Protection cover. If you’re injured and unable to work, this cover can pay you a regular income.
How do I join Future Super?
You can join Future Super online by heading to its website and clicking the “Join now” button. You’ll need to provide the following information when completing the application form.
- Your personal details including full name, residential address and contact information
- Your employer’s details including the business name and ABN number
- Your tax file number
- The investment option you’d like to join out of the three available options
- The details of your current super fund if you’d like to consolidate your super into your new Future Super account
More guides on Finder
Black Friday TV deals in Australia: Up to $3,000 off smart TVs
The best Black Friday 2021 discounts include over $1,000 off 75-inch and 85-inch smart TVs from Samsung and Hisense.
Apple Watch Black Friday sales in Australia
Black Friday bargains include discounts on the Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple Watch accessories.
Black Friday mega deal: $162 off Nintendo Switch bundles
Get the Nintendo Switch bundled with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and a 3-month Nintendo Switch Online subscription for $369 - save $160!
The best Black Friday headphone sales in Australia: Get up to 58% off
The biggest discounts include $200 off the Apple AirPods Max, 40% off the Beats Solo3, 38% off Jabra Elite 75t Earbuds and 56% off Sennheiser HD 400s.
Australia’s best Black Friday 2021 gaming laptop deals, save up to 40% off
Save over $1000 on gaming laptops during Black Friday 2021 from Dell, MSI, Lenovo, OMEN and Alienware and more.
eBay Australia’s best Black Friday 2021 deals with up to 75% off
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday deals available from eBay right now, including tech, games, home appliances and more.
Best Black Friday Australia jewellery deals: Up to 80% off
Add some extra sparkle to your trinket chest without breaking the bank.
Ask an Expert