Review: FTX cryptocurrency exchange
Trade on FTX and take advantage of its rewarding extra features.
- Good for extensive features and bonuses
- Not so great for beginners
Check out our full list of pros and cons or read on.
|Name||FTX Cryptocurrency Exchange|
|Deposit methods||Credit card,Wire transfer,Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN),Signature SIGNET|
|Supported Cryptocurrencies||BTC, ETH, LTC, UNI, BNB, TRX, BAT, BCH, SOL, DOGE & 110+ more|
|Trading Fee||Maker: 0.00 - 0.02%|
Taker: 0.04 - 0.07%
|Deposit Fees||No deposit fees|
|Withdrawal Fees||No fees on withdrawals, except for ETH, ERC-20 tokens, or Omni withdrawals|
Up to 0.10% for withdrawals exceeding trading volumes
Fiat withdrawals below $10,000 in value will have a $75 fee
Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies: USD,EUR,GBP,AUD,HKD,SGD,TRY,ZAR,CAD,CHF,BRL
- Supported cryptocurrencies: Approximately 123 cryptocurrencies
Which payment methods are accepted?
- Credit card
- Wire transfer
- Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN)
- Signature SIGNET
What's it like to use FTX?
Fees and limits
The fees below are accurate as of 30 March 2021.
Platform trading fees
|30-day trade volume||Maker fees||Taker fees|
The above trading fees apply to unleveraged spot and futures markets. Fees will vary when using leverage and additional discounts are available for users who stake FTX tokens (FTT).
Deposit and withdrawal fees
|Fee||Bank fees may apply depending on payment method||US$75 on withdrawals of less than US$10,000|
How fast will my funds be available?
USD transfers are typically processed on the same day on weekdays. Other currencies may take longer.
USD withdrawals can typically be made on the same day, while other currencies may take longer.
Is FTX safe to use?
- Regulation. FTX was created by Wall Street and Silicon Valley veterans and quickly became one of the world's best-known cryptocurrency exchanges. It strives to operate in compliance with local regulations in all countries it's available in.
- Verification process. Verification is required for using fiat currencies on FTX.
- Security features.. Two-factor authentication is mandatory and can only be disabled by verifying with FTX. Strong passwords are required. Additional security features include withdrawal address and IP whitelisting and allowing separate passwords for withdrawal and login. Sub-accounts with configurable permissions are available. FTX has engaged with blockchain analysis firm Chainalysis to monitor for suspicious activity. FTX maintains its own insurance fund.
How do I create an account at FTX?
To create an account at FTX:
- Register. Click the Register button at the top of the home page.
- Verify email. Create an account and confirm your email address.
- Verify identity. Verify your identity to enable fiat currency deposits and withdrawals.
What else do I need to know about FTX?
FTX has a reputation for innovation, being one of the first cryptocurrency exchanges to add a wide range of additional markets including stock trading, prediction markets, forex and derivatives such as crypto volatility contracts.
The FTX native token, FTT, can be used for a variety of purposes beyond getting fee discounts. There are also a range of other tokens which can be productively staked on FTX.
In a nutshell
- Multitude of extra features and bonuses
- Sophisticated trading platform
- Wide range of cryptocurrencies and other markets
- Exceptionally competitive fees
- May be a little intimidating for newcomers