ERM Power are among Australia’s premier producers and suppliers of power to businesses.
Founded in 1980, ERM Power has grown to one of the largest sellers of electricity in Australia. But, and it’s a big but, they focus exclusively on selling to large and small businesses, so if you’re a residential user then they aren’t for you, but if you’re looking for power for your business then read on.
Who is ERM Power?
ERM Power is a large, ASX listed company that do everything from selling you power, to creating power in one of their many, mostly gas, power plants around Australia. They specialise in electricity for business so aren’t particularly well known on the high street, but if you run a large business and you’re looking for someone who understands your needs, it’s a good bet that ERM Power is the provider for you.
What packages does ERM Power offer?
ERM Power divides its user base up into two, strict parts: big business and small business, with nothing in between. Like a lot of other providers they make their size assumption on the amount of power that you use, and, like a lot of providers, it’s pretty easy to understand.
- Small business - Spend under $30,000 on power per year.
- Big business - Spend over $30,000 of power per year.
If you’re a small business you can request an energy quote online, but if you’re in the big column then you’ll have to fill in a form and let someone from their office crunch the numbers for you.Back to top
Could you switch to ERM Power?
Yes, it is possible to switch to ERM Power, but remember they only offer services to business, so if that isn’t you, then you’ll have to keep looking through our provider guides until you find what you’re looking for.
If you are a business owner, then you should also consider that ERM Power provide services to large business all over Australia, but only provide services to small businesses in NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS and SA - Sorry Queenslanders.
The first step in switching is to head over to their website, input your information and get a quote on what they can offer.
Here are some considerations to help you with your decision:
- Experience dealing with business of all sizes - If you’re a business user looking for someone with experience then you won’t find anyone with more than ERM Power.
- Available across Australia - Unlike some other companies, ERM Power can get to you no matter where you live.
- No residential users - Sadly it’s business users only, so if you had your hopes on ERM Power supplying your house, sadly you’re out of luck.
- No renewable energy or GreenPower approval - ERM Power mostly work with natural gas, which is more environmentally friendly than coal, but it would be nice to see some renewables in their operation.