Child Care Super | Performance, features and fees
Child Care Super is a super fund designed for women, open for all Australians to join.
Child Care Super is a super fund designed with Australian women in mind, however it's open to all Australians to join. The fund offers several different ways to invest, including a default MySuper option which includes three different investment life stages.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Calculated fees p.a. on $50,000 balance
|Product Name||Child Care Super Growing Lifestage|
|Past performance - 5 Years||5.61%|
|Annual admin fee||$135.29 + 0.15% of balance p.a.|
|Number of members||82,000|
Performance figures quoted on this page are correct to June 2020, according to Chant West. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
Key features of Child Care Super
- Super fund that's designed for women
- High long-term performance returns
- The MySuper investment product offers three different funds depending on what stage of life you're in
- The MyMix product allows you to be more hands on with your super and how it's invested
Child Care Super investment options
There are two main investment options: the MySuper product (this is the default option) or the MyMix option.
Option 1: MySuper
The MySuper product is the default option, and it invests your super in one of three different diversified portfolios depending on what stage of life you're in. Here are the three lifestages and how your money is invested with each one.
Option 2: MyMix
The MyMix option allows you to choose between 8 diversified investment options and individual asset class options.
What fees does Child Care Super charge?
The below example is the fees you'll pay if you had $50,000 invested in the MySuper Growing Lifestage option (the default option).
Example annual cost on $50,000 balance in Growing Lifestage
- Annual admin fee: $135.29 + 0.15% of balance
- Indirect costs including investment fees: 0.8%
- Calculated annual cost of product: $610.29
How do I join Child Care Super?
If you're ready to join Child Care Super, you can join online via the Child Care Super website. The application process is simple and should only take you 10–20 minutes to complete.
To complete the online application form you will need to provide:
- Your name, date of birth and gender
- Your address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your tax file number (TFN)
- Your chosen investment option and insurance cover (if you don't want to choose, you'll be placed in the MySuper strategy).
If you want to roll over your existing super into your new Child Care Super fund you'll also need to have your current super details handy.
You'll be sent the details of your new super account shortly after completing the online application form. If you'd like your employer to make your compulsory super payments into this fund, be sure to give your employer your Child Care Super account details.