Superhero review: ASX share trading app
Trade ASX stocks and ETFs with a flat $5 brokerage fee and a low minimum investment of just $100.
Superhero is a share trading broker which charges a flat $5 brokerage fee for all ASX stocks and exchange traded funds. With no monthly account fee for the Basic account and no inactivity fees either, Superhero is one of the cheapest share trading brokers in Australia.
Another key benefit of Superhero is you can invest as little as $100 per trade, which is much lower than the standard $500 minimum deposit for ASX trades.
Standard brokerage fee
Email, Live chat
|Type of broker||
Exchange traded funds
|Standard brokerage||AUD 5|
Superhero Key features
Flat $5 brokerage fee for all trades
There's a low brokerage fee of just $5 for each trade you make. This is a flat brokerage fee too, so it's the same regardless if you make 1 or 100 trades in the month. It's also the same fee regardless of the value of your trade.
Access more than 2,500 ASX stocks and ETFs
You can trade all ASX listed stocks and ETFs with Superhero. This includes ASX listed property shares and listed investment companies (LICs) too. You can't trade any international stocks.
Invest with as little as $100
You can invest in Australian stocks and ETFs with a minimum investment of just $100. This is much lower than the standard minimum investment amount of $500 for Australian companies, as set by the ASX. Superhero is the first Australian broker to allow you to invest in ASX stocks from just $100.
Access your Superhero account via the mobile app anytime. You can see your portfolio dashboard, track your holdings and place trades all via the mobile app.
Cash funds are held with NAB
Your Superhero Wallet within the app is used as your cash management account. This is where you can transfer funds so they're ready to then be used to place trades. The money in your Superhero Wallet account is held with NAB.
You can transfer money into your cash account via bank transfer using PayID, or via BPay.
Two account options to choose between
Superhero offers two account options: Basic and Live. The Basic option has no monthly account fee and minimal trading features, while the Live option does have a monthly fee however it offers a few extra features in return.
If you open the Live account when joining Superhero, you'll pay no monthly account fee for the first 30 days.
|Basic account||Live account|
|Brokerage fee per trade||$5||$5|
|Monthly account fee||$0||$9|
|Fee to fund account||$0||$0|
|Reporting||Basic reporting of your transactions and current holdings.||Basic reporting of your transactions and current holdings as well as comprehensive tax, performance, dividend and franking details on your holdings.|
|Order options||Market order only||Market order and limit order|
|Features||Follow unlimited investments|
20-minute delay on pricing and charts
|Follow unlimited investments|
Live pricing and advanced charts
Pros and cons of Superhero
- Very cheap brokerage at just $5 per trade
- Brokerage is flat, so it's the same regardless of how many trades you make or the value of your trades
- No monthly fees on basic account
- Start investing with just $100 per trade
- No live pricing on free account (20 minute delay)
- Minimal trading features
- Can't trade international stocks or ETFs
How to open a Superhero account
You can open an account in just 10 minutes by following these steps:
- Go to the website. Head to the Superhero website (you can do this by clicking the green 'Go to site' button)
- Register your details. Enter your name, email and phone number to start your account registration.
- Verify your identity. You'll need to supply your Australian passport, driver's license or Medicare card details.
- Fund your account. Once Superhero has verified your identity, you can transfer money to your Superhero Wallet via BPay or PayID and start trading. You'll find these details by navigating to your Wallet in the app.