Buy and sell shares online with Nabtrade.
nabtrade is the dedicated online trading platform offered by the National Australia Bank. You can apply and manage your account online and keep track of market activity with NAB's complimentary mobile trading platform, IRESS. NAB also gives you access to comprehensive market research reports and information as well as notifying you of changes to help you stay on track.
How does nabtrade compare?
How does nabtrade work?
You can apply online with nabtrading and start trading in as little as ten minutes. There are four account options to choose from:
- Individual account. This account lets you trade in your own name.
- Joint account. This account lets you trade in joint names, with your partner for example.
- Company or organisation account. This account lets you trade on behalf of a company or organisation.
- SMSF, trust or minor account. This account lets you trade on behalf of a trust, which includes a Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF).
Open a NAB everyday bank account today and link with your nabtrade account
The nabtrade Cash Account
After applying you can be set up with a Cash Account and a Trading Account, both of which are linked and used for funding and settling trades. With these accounts you can make unlimited transactions with no ongoing fees or minimum balance required. You also have the option of setting up and linking an NAB High Interest Savings Account.
The cash account has the following features:
- Tiered interest rates that start at 0.25% p.a.
- Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly
- Consolidated Total Wealth reporting which incorporates information from your trading portfolio
- Real time transfers between eligible NAB accounts and the Cash Account
- The option for automatic sweeps between your Cash Account and High Interest Savings Account (if you choose to set one up)
The nabtrade Global Market Trading service
nabtrade offers customers the ability to access and trade international shares in the same way and on the same platform as domestic shares, all from one account. Included with this service is additional research and insights from all around the globe with reports on the ASX, US stock exchange and other international markets.
Enjoy the benefits trading international whilst utilising NAB's competitive exchange rate, that gets locked in when your trade order executes so you won't have to worry about fluctuation in exchange between the time you book your trade and it settles. Trade shares in the US, UK, Germany as well as Hong Kong just as easily as trading shares on the ASX.
The nabtrade High Interest Account
You can set up a high interest savings account with nabtrade which offers a competitive interest rate. You can send cash from your High Interest Account to your Cash Account instantly so you can trade when it suits you and nabtrade will allow you to make an unlimited number of deposits and withdrawals online. There's also no minimum balance requirements and no ongoing fees.Back to top
What are the service levels?
When you sign up to nabtrade you will be given three months complimentary access to the 'Silver' service level. After this initial period you must either meet eligibility criteria for a service level upgrade at no extra charge or pay an additional monthly subscription fee to upgrade to a level of your choosing. Here is a breakdown of the different service levels available:
|Silver||Bronze level access, plus:||No charge|
|Gold||Silver level access, plus:||No charge|
|Platinum||Gold level access, plus:||$19.95 per month or no charge if qualification met|
|Platinum + IRESS||Platinum level access, plus:||$59.95 per month or no charge if qualification met|
What are the features of this account?
All your accounts have one login, one statement and one total wealth view.
NAB offers a comprehensive range of market research reports to help you make well-informed trading decisions.
NAB gives you access to research recommendations for over 1,500 ASX listed companies, which is more than any other online broker.
nabtrade gives you a linked cash account as well as the option of linking a high interest savings account to allow for instant transfers, unlimited deposits and a competitive variable interest rate.
Alerts and notifications
You can create alerts for movements in prices, technical analysis parameters, changes or events with your portfolio or index price levels and more. Depending on your service level you receive a different amount of free alerts.
You can use nabtrade IRESS to trade via your phone or tablet device. The app allows you to monitor live data which is refreshed at an interval of your choice and this is free to all nabtrade customers.Back to top
How do I pay for shares?
You can load funds into your nabtrade account to pay for shares through the following ways:
- Request funds from your linked NAB Bank account. To do this you need to log into your nabtrade account, go to Cash > Make a funds transfer. The funds will be available immediately.
- Transfer funds in from a NAB or non-NAB bank account. This can be done by transferring money from your existing financial institution to the BSB and account number of your nabtrade Cash Account. This can take up to three business days.
- BPAY. You can BPAY funds into your nabtrade Cash Account if your account supports BPAY transfers. To find the biller code and your BPAY reference number go to Cash > Cash Account > Account Details.
What are the pros and cons?
- Customers can get easy access to their account via the website or through IRESS Trader
- No monthly account service fees for the Bronze and Silver level
- The introductory offer of twenty free trades can save you money in your initial trading
- Add the international trading platform to a new or existing nabtrade account
- nabtrade does not offer unlisted managed funds to clients, only listed funds and Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
Help! I have some more questions
No, non-residents can apply, but all applications from people living overseas require risk and compliance approval based on background checks.
Does nabtrade offer personal trading advice?
No, nabtrade does not offer this. They instead offer comprehensive research and market reports for you to make your own investment decisions.
What accounts are my earned dividends paid into?
If you have opted to have your dividends paid to nabtrade they will be credited to your Cash Account.
How do I upgrade or downgrade service levels?
You can change your service level by receiving complimentary upgrades or downgrades based on your account activity, or pay an additional monthly fee when you elect to upgrade your service. You can manually elect to upgrade your service level through your online account.
Can I buy international shares with nabtrade?
You can now buy shares overseas with nabtrade from the world's major markets.
I'm only interested in making a few investments, is the nabtrade account right for me?
The nabtrade account only has one level to suit all types of investors. You only pay for the trades you make.
Does nabtrade currently have an app available for Windows and Android?
Unfortunately the nabtrade app is only available through the Apple App Store.