Plan your superannuation with Hostplus super accounts.
Hostplus was founded in 1988 by the Australian Hotels Association (AHA) and United Voice. It specialises in providing its members with superannuation services at competitive costs.
Since its inception, Hostplus has grown to be one of the largest superannuation companies in Australia. Hostplus has close to 1 million members and $17.5 billion funds under management (FUM).
Hostplus is the industry super fund for those who are in the hospitality, tourism, sport and recreation sector.
- Hostplus super won the Rainmaker SelectingSuper Awards - Superannuation Fund of the Year Award for 2015.
- The super fund also won Money Magazine’s “Best of the Best” award for lowest cost balanced super fund for its Indexed Balanced option in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
A closer look at Hostplus
Hostplus specialises in providing investment returns on your super contributions. Your investments are managed by fund managers that look at a range of opportunities to maximise growth and return on investment. Hostplus invests in these assets:
- Airports and seaports
- Shopping centres
- Industrial property estates and office buildings
- Retirement villages and community buildings
- Water filtration plants and wind farms
Hostplus also offers 24/7 access to its members through online super with a Digital Member Card.
What is Internet banking like with Hostplus?
The QuickSuper service is an online service provided by Westpac Banking Corporation that allows easy online access to Hostplus’ members. QuickSuper gives customers access to their account and ability to manage their funds and their deposits.Back to top
What super funds are offered by Hostplus?
Hostplus Personal Super Plan
The main account on offer is the Hostplus Personal Super Plan. There are several investment strategies that Hostplus use to maximise growth and return for your super. The super fund provides a range of investment options that include:
- Pre-mixed investment options
- Sector options
- Individual manager options
- Choiceplus direct investment options
Each assets class has its own risks associated with it but generally, with higher risk, there is a higher potential for more return.
Before opening a personal super account with Hostplus, take a look at some of its features:
- Fees. There is a low administration fee of $1.50 per week, which has remained unchanged since 2004.
- Performance. The past three and a half years have yielded top quartile net investment returns in the Balanced investment option.
- Insurance to protect you and your family. Hostplus offers several insurance options that cover you for death and disability. These options also protect your income stream and salary if you’re unable to work due to illness or injury.
- Online access. You have online access to your super through SuperSite. You have 24/7 access to your account. You can update your personal information, invest, manage your insurance, and check your balance and super contributions.
- Variety of investments. Hostplus super offers a wide range of investments to suit the changing environment and everyone’s different investment needs. The asset classes range from growth asset classes to defensive asset classes.
What pension accounts are offered by Hostplus?
Hostplus pension account
This pension plan is an investment that produces a regular income for your retirement. The money you are not using for your income can also be invested in a range of option.
Here are some of the benefits of Hostplus Pension:
- Income. You receive a regular income paid into your bank account.
- Tax. Once you reach the age of 60, the account is tax free and flexible. You also have tax free access to your capital once you’ve reached 60 and have stopped working.
- Transactions. You have the ability to directly buy and sell shares and ETFs or invest in term deposits through Choiceplus.
- Capital loss. There is no capital loss in the case of premature death.
- Access to other services. You have access to financial planning with Industry Fund Services and to Hostplus’ Additions program.
Your pensions lifespan is dependant on the starting investment, the amount withdrawn for income and other withdrawals that affect the overall performance.Back to top
How do I apply for Hostplus Personal Super Plan?
Check the following details to make sure that you can apply for a personal super plan:
- You may be eligible for this account if you work for a non-Hostplus participating employer,
- If you’re self-employed, or
- You're not paid in your current employment.
You can join the Hostplus Personal Super Plan online. Complete and return the membership form found at hostplus.com.au/forms.
Am I eligible for a Hostplus Pension?
In order to first open a Hostplus Pension account, there is a minimum investment of $10,000. To be eligible for a pension account, you must meet one the following conditions:
- You have reached the “preservation age” and permanently retired from the workforce.
- You have reached age 60 and finished employment.
- You have reached age 65.
- You are totally and permanently disabled.
- You are terminally ill.
Unique features of Hostplus
The digital member card can help you access your member details using a smartphone. With this card, you can conveniently access your BPAY details at any time to make contributions. This card can give you access to your Hostplus account balance as well.