Karmo car subscription
- Interest Rate (p.a.)
- 0% (fixed)
- Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Karmo offers a flexible and convenient subscription service where you can get a replacement car every few months rather than buy or lease a car. The cost of the car subscription includes:
- Roadside assistance
Drive a new car without taking out a loan
Fee includes registration, insurance, roadside help and depreciation
No long-term commitment
$300 plus 2 payments needed upfront
The payments don’t go towards owning a car
You may need to drop off and pick up the cars yourself
- Drive a new car without taking out a loan
- Fee includes registration, insurance, roadside help and depreciation
- No long-term commitment
- $300 plus 2 payments needed upfront
- The payments don't go towards owning a car
- You may need to drop off and pick up the cars yourself
Main points to consider:
- Weekly fee. You'll pay weekly and the cost will cover registration, roadside assistance, insurance and depreciation.
- Fuel. Your fee will also cover 385 kilometres of travel, but you'll pay $0.15 per kilometres beyond that.
- Car rotation. You'll agree upon a rotation period and when your term is almost finished, Karmo will get in touch to see what you want next.
- Credit checks. Karmo will look into your credit history to assess whether or not you are a good applicant.
- Damage. You are responsible for any damage on the vehicle. There is a damage waiver of at least $1,000, but you can pay extra each week to decrease the amount you would need to pay.
- Minimum hire. For most cars, there is a minimum car hire time of 120 days. For a Tesla, the minimum hire time is 24 hours.
- Maximum hire. You can hire a car for as long as 9 months.
- Drivers. You can have up to 2 additional drivers per subscription for $15 per week per driver.
- Insurance. Basic insurance is included in the fee, but it does not cover anyone under the age of 21, learner or provisional drivers, peer-to-peer vehicles and rideshare/Uber, courier or cash rental use.
- Additional charges. You may be charged extra if the car is returned unclean or without the same fuel level as when you received it. You may also be charged for additional kilometres travelled.
What it costs:
- From $199 per week depending on state, car and availability
- A refundable $300 security deposit
- 385 kilometres per week allowance; excess kilometres charged at $0.15 per kilometre
- At least $1,000 in damage waiver (subject to agreement/whether you pay for additional coverage)
How to apply:Press the green button to be taken to the Karmo website where you can select your location and browse the cars available. Fill in the form with your details and what you're looking for and someone from Karmo will be in touch.
Eligibility and requirements:
- Must be between 25 and 65 years old
- Australian or international driver's licence
- Medicare card or passport
- Bank statement
- Driver declaration
Compare car loan providers
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked