First State Super | Performance, features and fees
A low-fee super fund with 12 different ways to invest including a MySuper option and an ethical investment option
First State Super offers members a choice between a MySuper Life Cycle investment option according to your age, a range of pre-mixed diversified options or a range of single asset investment options.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Calculated fees p.a. on $50,000 balance
Performance figures quoted on this page are correct to June 2019, according to Chant West. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
What are the key features of First State Super?
- Choose from 12 investment options. Choose between five pre-mixed investment portfolios or seven single asset classes.
- MySuper investment option. There's a default MySuper option available for members who don't wish to choose their own investment option.
- Ethical investments available. Choose to invest in a pre-mixed portfolio of socially responsible investments, or invest in socially responsible Australian shares.
- Doesn't invest in tobacco. First State has less than 0.1% of all its investments in companies that manufacture tobacco products.
- Default insurance cover. Eligible members receive automatic death and total permanent disablement (TPD) cover, with the option to increase, reduce or cancel cover at any time.
- Consolidate your super online. You can easily opt to consolidate your existing super into your new First State Super account when joining, or any time after you've joined.
What investment options are available?
What fees does First State Super charge?
The following fees apply annually to members invested in the default MySuper Life Cycle option, which is the Growth option for members aged under 60 years.
- Admin fees: $61.18 + 0.18% of account balance per year
- Investment fees (including Indirect cost ratio): 0.8% of account balance per year
What insurance options are available with First State Super?
You'll receive the following insurance automatically when you become a First State Super member:
- Death: This is paid to your beneficiaries (usually your immediate family) in the event of your unexpected death.
- TPD: This is paid to you in the event you become disabled to the point you cannot work.
Your level of cover will depend on your age and occupation, and you can reduce your level of cover or cancel your cover altogether at any time. You also have the option of adding income protection insurance cover at any point.
How do I join First State Super?
You can join First State Super online by clicking "Go to site". The application process is simple and should take you 10-20 minutes to complete.
Make sure you have the following details handy before you start the application:
- Your full name, date of birth and gender
- Your Australian residential address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your tax file number (TFN)
- Your chosen investment option and insurance cover
- Details of your existing super fund if you'd like to consolidate your funds during the application process
Once your application has been completed successfully, you'll receive the details of your membership by email. You should then give these details to your employer if you'd like your compulsory employer super payments to go into your First State Super fund.