We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Geelong Bank offers one Visa credit card option: the Amigo credit card. It has competitive rates and fees, a balance transfer offer and mobile payment options through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. You can use this guide to learn more about what you get with a Geelong Bank credit card, as well as how to apply if you decide this option fits your needs.
Compare Geelong Bank credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Geelong Bank credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The Geelong Bank Amigo credit card is a Visa card that offers an ongoing 11.99% p.a. interest rate for retail purchases, cash advances and balance transfers (outside of any balance transfer offer periods). It also has a competitive annual fee of $49, with the option of an additional card for your partner or a family member at no extra cost. As these features are on par with other low rate cards, it's worth comparing your options to decide which one is right for you.
The benefits of banking with Geelong Bank
Balance transfer option
If you want to switch to this card but already have a debt that you're paying off, you can request a balance transfer to move the balance to your new Geelong Bank Amigo credit card. You can also take advantage of an introductory rate of 4.99% p.a. on your balance transfer for the first 6 months.
Worldwide card acceptance
You can use the Geelong Bank Amigo credit card in-store, online or over the phone with businesses all around the world – anywhere Visa is accepted.
Digital wallets and contactless payments
The Geelong Bank Amigo Visa credit card offers tap-and-go payments at the checkout. You can also add it to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay account and make purchases directly from your mobile phone or other compatible device.
Flexible banking options
Geelong Bank offers Internet banking and a mobile app so you can keep track of your accounts at any time. You can also call the bank on 1300 361 555 for 24/7 phone banking options, or to speak to a customer service representative during office hours (9am-5pm on Mon, Wed, Thurs and Fri, and 10am-5pm on Tues). Plus, there's the option of filling in a contact form on the website or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply for a Geelong Bank credit card
If you've decided you want the Geelong Bank Amigo credit card, you can apply online by filling in a secure application form. To avoid confusion, it's worth noting that the application is hosted by Community First Credit Union, which is the issuer of this card (even though it's managed by Geelong Bank). You can get started now by making sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details needed for the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Income. You must have a regular source of income.
- Credit history. You can apply for a credit card with Geelong Bank as long as you are not an undischarged bankrupt and don't have any history of outstanding credit defaults listed on your credit file.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, phone number and a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card details.
- Employment details. This covers your current work status, including your main income, job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips, bank statements or your latest tax assessment notice to help verify these details.
- Financial details. As well as your main income, this includes any other income and assets including savings or investments. You also need to provide details of existing credit cards, loans or other debts, as well as an estimate of your share of regular household spending.
If you have any questions or want to discuss your application with Geelong Bank, submit an enquiry on the Geelong Bank website or call Geelong Bank on 1300 361 555.
More guides on Finder
Geelong Bank Amigo Credit Card
Get an 11.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers with this Amigo Visa from Geelong Bank.