Get 15% bonus when you transfer Flybuys to Velocity
Build your Velocity Points balance faster with the latest deals from Flybuys.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Flybuys points are commonly earned by shopping at Coles and its stable of partners including Kmart, Liquorland and Target. Collecting Flybuys points gives you access to a number of travel rewards options, one of which is the ability to transfer your points into Virgin Australia's Velocity program.
The conversion rate for this transfer is usually 870 Velocity Points for every 2,000 Flybuys points, meaning your Flybuys points are worth 0.435 Velocity Points.
If you wait for one of the regular transfer bonus promotions instead of transferring at this rate, you can score as much as 20% bonus Velocity Points. That said, the most recent offers have been for a 15% bonus. That means that when you transfer 2,000 Flybuys points, you receive 1,000, rather than the normal 870.
What should I be aware of when transferring Flybuys points to the Velocity program with a bonus promotion?
When transferring points from the Flybuys program to Velocity, there are a few things to be aware of:
- You must transfer a minimum of 2,000 Flybuys points per transfer.
- Transfers must be made in multiples of 2,000.
- You can transfer a maximum of 138,000 Flybuys points per household, per calendar year. (Sometimes this offer is requirement is waived during bonus offer periods.)
- No fractions of points are given, only whole points.
- You will need a Velocity membership (membership is free).
- You will need to link your Velocity membership number to your Flybuys account first.
- Transfers are immediate, although bonus points may take a number of extra days to arrive in your account.
- You cannot refund or cancel the transfer once it's been completed.
Another reason to linking your Velocity Points account to your Flybuys account is that you can earn 1 Status Credit for every $100 spent at Coles, Liquorland or First Choice Liquor, up to 10 status credits per month.
How many Velocity Points could you earn?
The table below showing the number of Velocity Points you could earn as part of a 15% bonus transfer promotion.
|Flybuys||Velocity Points (regular transfer)||Velocity Points (20% bonus transfer)|
THE POINTS FINDER TAKE
Bonus transfer promotions for transferring Flybuys points to Velocity Points come fairly frequently throughout the year, so it's worth holding off until one of these promotions comes around to maximise the number of Velocity Points you get.
- Virgin Australia sale drops fares from $69 across 300,000 seats
- Fly across Australia from $99 with Qantas’s 2020 Boxing Day sale
- Score $75 flights with the Virgin Australia Boxing Day sale
- Take off across the country from $75 with this Virgin Australia sale
- Get in early with this $89 Virgin Australia sale
More guides on Finder
ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
The ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive rewards program, $0 annual fee for the first year, a $500 gift card, a balance transfer offer and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
5 tips to help you get the best credit card deal in 2020
SPONSORED: In a time of financial volatility, here are the key ways to find a credit card that offers you bang for your buck.
UBank has dropped its savings account rate, how does it compare now?
UBank has cut the interest rate on its popular USave savings account down to 1.46% p.a. Here are a few accounts still offering a higher bonus rate.
Why bottle shops are the new points battleground
Woolworths and Coles are holding back bonuses, but their liquor outlets aren't.
Velocity 20% bonus for card and hotel transfers: Worth it?
American Express, NAB Rewards and Accor are all on board.
flybuys double points offer: All the details
How do the new two-tier bonus offers work?
How to buy shares in Airbnb (ABNB) when it goes public
The vacation-rental giant is going public. Here's how to buy in if it happens.
Last chance: 15% extra for Velocity/flybuys transfers
Don't miss out on the best way to use your flybuys points.
8 personal finance habits to get more out of life
SPONSORED: Hacks to help you spend less time thinking about your money and more time enjoying it.
How to reset your 2020 frequent flyer goals
Here are the tactics I'll be using in my travel future.
Supercharge your frequent flyer points with Points Finder
Ask an Expert