How to transfer your flybuys and receive bonus Velocity Points
Build your Velocity Points balance faster with the latest deals from flybuys.
Updated . What changed?
Flybuys points are commonly earned by shopping at Coles and its stable of partners including Kmart, Liquorland and Target. Collecting flybuys points gives you access to a number of travel rewards options, one of which is the ability to transfer your points into Virgin Australia's Velocity program.
The conversion rate for this transfer is usually 870 Velocity Points for every 2,000 flybuys points, meaning your flybuys points are worth 0.435 Velocity Points.
If you wait for one of the regular transfer bonus promotions instead of transferring at this rate, you can score as much as 20% bonus Velocity Points. That said, the most recent offers have been for a 15% bonus. That means that when you transfer 2,000 flybuys points, you receive 1,000, rather than the normal 870.
What should I be aware of when transferring flybuys points to the Velocity program with a bonus promotion?
When transferring points from the flybuys program to Velocity, there are a few things to be aware of:
- You must transfer a minimum of 2,000 flybuys points per transfer.
- Transfers must be made in multiples of 2,000.
- You can transfer a maximum of 138,000 flybuys points per household, per calendar year. (Sometimes this offer is requirement is waived during bonus offer periods.)
- No fractions of points are given, only whole points.
- You will need a Velocity membership (membership is free).
- You will need to link your Velocity membership number to your flybuys account first.
- Transfers are immediate, although bonus points may take a number of extra days to arrive in your account.
- You cannot refund or cancel the transfer once it's been completed.
Another reason to linking your Velocity Points account to your flybuys account is that you can earn 1 Status Credit for every $100 spent at Coles, Liquorland or First Choice Liquor, up to 10 status credits per month.
How many Velocity Points could you earn?
The table below showing the number of Velocity Points you could earn as part of a 15% bonus transfer promotion.
|Flybuys||Velocity Points (regular transfer)||Velocity Points (20% bonus transfer)|
THE POINTS FINDER TAKE
Bonus transfer promotions for transferring flybuys points to Velocity Points come fairly frequently throughout the year, so it's worth holding off until one of these promotions comes around to maximise the number of Velocity Points you get.
- How to spend 50,000 Qantas Points right now
- Ask Finder: What’s happening with my Virgin Australia travel credits?
- Queensland’s NSW and ACT travel ban: Everything you need to know
- Virgin Australia’s future: No Tigerair, no long-haul, all points and credits are safe
- Netflix frequent flyer wars: Coles and Woolworths points deals compared
Supercharge your frequent flyer points with Points Finder
Ask an Expert