Finder.com.au's Christmas Bitcoin Treasure Hunt (18 December 2017 - Updated)
This Promotion commences at 09:00am AEDT on 18 December 2017 and closes at midnight AEDT on 15 January, 2018 or when all the bitcoins have been claimed, whichever is earliest.
How to enter
To participate in this game of skill, Entrants must have a finder.com.au account and have verified their account by clicking the confirmation link in the email provided after signing up.
Only one (1) entry is permitted per Entrant.
Inclusions or exclusions
- Employees of any company in the Hive Empire Pty Ltd group (including the Promoter) and immediate family members (spouse/partner, children, parents) of employees are ineligible to participate in this Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of each Entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person for tampering with the entry process.
Details of the Bitcoin Treasure Hunt
Verified Entrants will compete in a game of skill to locate, and claim, digital bitcoin tokens hidden on the finder.com.au site.
The site will also post clues that may help Entrants to locate, and claim, the forty-four (44) bitcoin tokens have been hidden on our site.
A bitcoin token is 0.004 of a Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a volatile cryptocurrency but, at the time of publication, the total value of the promotion is approximately $4,500.
The Bitcoin Treasure Hunt was launched with forty (40) bitcoins tokens hidden on the site. The Promoter added additional bitcoin tokens in response to demand and activity.
Date, time and location
The competition will commence at 0900 AEDT on Monday, 18 December 2017 and continue until all the bitcoin have been claimed.
- Each individual who participates in this game of skill is called an Entrant
- Entrants must be Australian residents.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Entrants can neither claim, nor be awarded, more than one (1) Bitcoin.
- Results of this Promotion will be published on the Promoter’s website, finder.com.au and promoted in social and external media.
- Successful Entrants will be contacted by finder.com.au to have their identity confirmed before any prizes are provided. If the identity of the successful Entrants cannot be confirmed within 24 hours, the bitcoin token is deemed to have been forfeited by the Entrant and it will be returned to the prize pool.
- The results of the Treasure Hunt are final and finder.com.au will not entertain any correspondence on, or appeal against, the final results.
- Successful Entrants may be contacted by finder.com.au and asked to participate in media opportunities relating to this promotion.
- We reserve the right to vary the these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- We reserve the right to extend, or close, this promotion at our absolute discretion.
- We reserve the right to void the prize of anyone found using automated systems or software to extract data from this website.
General privacy provision
We collect personal information from you to provide you with services, advice and information including
- answering your general queries about financial products, credit products and related matters;
- confirming your identity;
- communicating with you;
- administering our services;
- notifying you of the services we offer;
- carrying out marketing, training or promotional activities;
- Responding to feedback, comments, or any other contact;
- Sending you email(s) or newsletters to which you have subscribed;
- Carrying out competitions;
- helping you to resolve technical issues with our site;
- helping you to identify products and product providers appropriate for your needs and circumstances;
- referring you to product providers;
- in marketing, educative and promotional material (and then only with your express permission).
We may use third party providers to facilitate surveys or mail outs on our behalf. Should this occur, we will only do so where the Service Provider commits to securing your personal information in a manner consistent with our policy; or neither holds nor retains the personal information access outside use for the specific purpose.
By participating in this game of skill, you consent to the Promoter collecting, holding and using your personal information in this way.