We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- Instant transfers
- Convenient payout options
- 160,000 cash pick-up locations
- Competitive exchange rates
Not so great for
- Transfer fees
- Paying with bank account or credit card
Xpress Money exchange rates and fees
Xpress Money adds a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate before selling currency on to you. Even so, these rates are typically better than what you would get from your bank, meaning more of the money you send makes it to your recipient.
Indicative exchange rates are listed on the Xpress Money website, but you'll need to visit your nearest Xpress Money location to confirm the rate that will apply to your transaction.
You'll also need to pay a fee for each transaction, but the fee amount varies depending on the currency you're sending, the size of the transaction and how your beneficiary will receive the funds.
Xpress Money offers fast transfers to more than 160 countries. Supported currencies include the following:
- BDT Bangladeshi taka
- CAD Canadian dollar
- EUR Euro
- GBP British pound
- INR Indian rupee
- NZD New Zealand dollar
- PHP Philippine peso
- USD US dollar
What types of transfers can you make with Xpress Money?
Your recipient can access the money you transfer with Xpress Money in the following ways:
- Bank account transfer. You can deposit funds directly into your recipient's overseas bank account.
- Cash pick-up. Your recipient can collect the cash you send from more than 160,000 Xpress Money partner locations around the world.
- Home delivery. The cash you send can be delivered to your recipient at their home address.
- Mobile wallet transfer. The funds you send can be deposited directly into your recipient's mobile wallet.
However, please note that not all transfer methods are available in all countries.
How long does a transfer with Xpress Money take?
Xpress Money offers instant money transfers, with the money you send typically available within minutes.
However, if you're sending funds that will be delivered to your recipient's home, the transfer will take longer to process.
What payment methods does Xpress Money accept?
Xpress Money accepts cash payment only.
Is Xpress Money safe to use?
- Regulation. Regulated in Australia by ASIC and AUSTRAC
- Established. 1994
- Global network. 160,000+ cash pick-up locations in 160+ countries
Founded in 1999 in the United Kingdom, Xpress Money is part of the UAE Exchange group of companies. In Australia, Xpress Money is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and listed on the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) Remittance Sector Register.
The company claims to have a range of quality checks and controls in place to meet global security standards and to ensure Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance. A unique 16-digit PIN is generated for each transaction and provided only to you and your recipient, while you can also track your transaction online or via SMS alerts.
How does Xpress Money make money?
Xpress Money makes money in two ways:
- By charging a transaction fee each time you send an overseas transfer.
- By adding a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate. The mid-market rate is the "real" exchange rate you see quoted on currency conversion websites like Reuters.
How to register an account
As Xpress Money offers cash transfers, there's no need to sign up for an online account with the service. Instead, you simply need to visit your nearest Xpress Money location to initiate an in-person transfer request.
How do I make an international money transfer with Xpress Money?
You can send a transfer by completing the following steps:
- Visit your nearest Xpress Money branch.
- Provide your recipient's name and contact details and specify how they will receive the money you send. If sending to a bank account, you'll need to supply your recipient's bank account details as well.
- Pay for your transfer.
- Share the 16-digit XPIN with your beneficiary and then track the transaction online or via SMS alerts.
What is Xpress Money?
Launched in London in 1999, Xpress Money is an instant money transfer service that offers convenient transfers to more than 160 countries. It is part of the UAE Exchange group of companies, which itself was launched in 1980 and has served more than 15 million customers around the world. This UAE-based company also offers the Unimoni online transfer service.
Xpress Money's Australian head office can be found in Melbourne.
In a nutshell
- Send to 160+ countries. Xpress Money allows you to transfer funds to more than 160 countries, making it easy to send money all around the world.
- Global network. Xpress Money's network of partner locations exceeds 160,000, allowing for convenient cash pick-ups.
- Competitive exchange rates. The exchange rates on offer from Xpress Money are generally better than those you can get from your bank.
- Multiple payout options. From bank transfer to cash pick-up and home delivery, your recipient can access the money you send in several ways.
- Transfer fees. Xpress Money charges higher transaction fees than some other money transfer services, so you may be able to find better value elsewhere. However, remember that you'll also need to consider the exchange rate when calculating the total cost of a transaction
- Lack of alternative payment options. Xpress Money is a cash transfer service and does not accept bank account transfers. There's no mention on the company's website about whether credit card payments are accepted.
How does Xpress Money compare to other providers?
If you want to see how Xpress Money stacks up against the competition, compare its fees, exchange rates and transfer speeds with those offered by other providers in the table below.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
Does anyone actually need Twitter Blue?
Here's everything included in Twitter Blue and how much it costs.
How to watch UFC 263 Adesanya vs Vettori 2 live in Australia
Undisputed champion Israel Adesanya is ready for his long-awaited rematch against Marvin Vettori in Arizona.
HBO Max Gossip Girl reboot: new trailer drops ahead of Australian broadcast
An updated version of Gossip Girl is coming our way – and it looks too good to miss.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off 4K TVs, $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners, win $10,000 with Optus.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen are ready for battle as Termination Day approaches.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
WorldFirst sends 60+ currencies at competitive rates. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Send guarantees to match any competitor’s exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Send provides fee-free transfers via its 24/7 multi-currency payments platform with real-time quotes.
Ask an Expert