Save on corporate fuel costs and gain greater control of your fleet expenses with the United Card.
If you’re looking to save on fuel costs while simplifying your fleet costs, you might want to check out the United Card. With a network of sites across Australia, simple online reporting tools and the ability to customise cards with product restriction and odometer reading recording, this card could help you get more control over your fleet fuel expenses.
Review of the United Card
This fuel card will appeal to cardholders who want more convenience when managing their fuel expenses, whether they’re a sole trader or a big business with hundreds of vehicles. As long as your business is spending more than $500 a month on fuel, this card could be suited to you. You can also use the United Card to track your fuel expenses in a simple and streamlined way.
Features and benefits of the United Card
- Fuel savings. The United Card offers an 8c per litre discount at United Petroleum sites for the first 2 months of using your card, then an additional 6c per litre discount at all participating United Petroleum sites throughout the year.
- Simplified administration. You can simplify your administration come tax time as the United Card offers full control over your fuel expenses, with PIN-enabled cards, product restriction capabilities, odometer reading recordings and simple online reporting tools which allow you to add and remove cards 24/7.
- Australia-wide network. With stores in every state across the country, it’s easy to get use out of our United Card fuel card no matter where you are.
- Simple payment terms. If you pay your bill with a credit card, you can receive up to 45 days interest-free to pay off the entire amount.
How much does the United Card cost?
Although the United Card has no joining fees, contractual obligations or exit fees, you’ll have to pay the following fees:
- Card cost. A $4.95 monthly fee per card
- Visa/Mastercard fee. A 1.2% on payments made by Visa or Mastercard
- AMEX fee. A 2.4% fee made on payments through American Express
- Diners fee. A 2.4% fee on payments made through Diners
How to apply for the United Card
You can apply for the United Card online and it should only take 10 minutes to complete. However, it’s important to ensure you have the following information to complete your application:
- A director, partner or sole trader is needed to apply for the fuel cards for your business. If you are not one of these people, you cannot make the application.
- Your ABN (Australian Business Number) or ACN (Australian Company Number)
- Legal Entity name of your business
- Drivers licence
- Details of directors, partners and sole traders
- Director to provide a signed deed of Guarantee by one or more directors
- Your banking details for direct debit
- Expected monthly spend on fuel
- Total number of cards required
The United Card offers cardholders many ways to save on fuel costs and manage corporate car costs with ease. However, it is important to consider whether or not this fuel card is right for your business’ needs. Please compare your options before making a final decision.Back to top