BP Plus card
The BP Plus Card gives you a way to manage your business’ vehicle costs under one account – and offers savings of up to 3 cents per litre on fuel. It also has up to interest-free days, customised purchase limits and the option to request a card for one or more drivers.
No application or joining fees
Up to 51 days interest-free credit
Doesn't offer bonus points on sign up
|BP Plus fuel card
|Number of Locations
|Days to pay
|Up to 51 days
|Qantas Business Rewards
|Available To Temporary Residents
|Qantas Business Rewards
|Amex Processing Fee
Review of the BP Plus Card
The BP Plus card is a fuel card that caters for Australian small businesses. Its main benefits include fuel discounts, the convenience and ability to easily track and manage corporate fuel costs, plus built-in security features like PIN, signature requirements and card purchase limits.
Features and benefits of the BP Plus Cards
Here are the card’s major features and perks:
- Fuel discounts. You can save a minimum of 2 cents per litre on regular unleaded and diesel fuel, and a minimum of 3 cents per litre on BP Ultimate, Premium Unleaded and BP Ultimate Diesel.
- Qantas Points per litre. This card offers 1 Qantas Point per litre of Ultimate 98 and 1 Qantas Point per 2 litres for the following types of fuel at BP: 91, 95, LPG, Diesel and Ultimate Diesel. You'll also earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 for eligible spending made in-store at BP. Note that you need to be a Qantas Business Rewards member and link your card to earn Qantas Points with a BP Plus card. Right now, you can sign up and save on the usual $89.50 joining fee via the Qantas Business Rewards website.
- Card access. Use your card at over 1,400 BP sites across Australia.
- Interest-free credit. Enjoy up to 51 interest-free days with no minimum fuel spend.
- Card flexibility. BP Plus provides vehicle-specific or driver-specific cards to suit your logistical and accounting needs. Vehicle-specific cards offer multiple drivers the ability to share a car and driver-specific cards can be used if a driver needs to use multiple cars.
- Card security. BP Plus gives you the option of using a secure PIN or signature, where a PIN number is suitable for multiple users sharing a vehicle-specific card and a signature is suitable where a card is used by only one cardholder.
- Additional security and tracking. Odometer readings are taken at the point of sale, which provides an additional layer of security and tracking for the company.
- Purchase limits. Enjoy greater cost control with the ability to impose restrictions on individual cards across these parameters: time period, fuel volume or money spent.
- Convenient reporting. BP Plus provides the ease of GST-substantiated monthly reports, which lists all your company car expenses in a single monthly statement for simplified tax accounting.
- Easy online management. Access your BP Plus online account at any time where you can view reports, order new cards, report lost and stolen cards, and manage your vehicles.
- Non-fuel options. Apart from fuel-only cards, BP Plus also offers additional non-fuel card options that include “Shop”, “Carwash”, “Diner”, and “Service and repairs, tyres, batteries and parts”.
- BP Specialist Discount Network. You can save on costs with BP partners including Beaurepaires, Bob Jane T-Marts, Bridgestone, Goodyear Autocare, O'Brien Autoglass, Tyrepower and Ultra Tune. You can also use your BP Plus card for warranty servicing at participating dealerships.
How to apply
You can easily apply for the card online at the BP website, but make sure to have the following information on hand:
- Company details (including legal and trading names, key contact person, address and contact numbers)
- Company directors (including names, home addresses, phone numbers, birthdates)
- Annual fuel spend estimate (including fuel type, litres/dollar spend)
- Bank account details for Direct Debit approval
With its generous discount perks and numerous security and control features, BP Plus may be an attractive fuel card for your company. Before applying, however, thoroughly research and compare other available options to make sure this is the most suitable one for your specific corporate needs.Back to top
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
December 13, 2023
Hello, I am interested Fuel cards can you please help me ?
Amy Bradney-George Finder
December 14, 2023
You can learn more about fuel cards and compare different options in Finder’s Fuel cards guide. I hope this helps.
July 16, 2018
Am trying to compare the Shell and BP Fuel cards. Can you please tell me if there is an annual cost and monthly card charges with the BP Plus card?
July 17, 2018
Thanks for getting in touch with finder.
There are no monthly card charges or annual fees on the card. There is, however, a charge on default payments. A fee of $55 is charged for every dishonour and will show in the next invoice that is issued.
Only A 1st dishonour in the first 3 months of trading with BP would mean closure of your account.
A 2nd dishonour in a row would mean closure of your account.
A 3rd dishonour in a 12 month period would mean closure of your account. NOTE: This is a rolling 12 months not calendar year.
Hope this helps!
Show more Show less