Review: Unimoni international money transfers
Unimoni lets you send money to more than 190 countries, but you'll need to create an account to find out what transaction fees apply.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- Wide range of supported currencies
- Bank transfers and cash payouts
- Competitive rates
- Easy to use
Not so great for
- Paying by credit/debit card
- Transparent fee information
Unimoni exchange rates and fees
Unimoni adds a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate before selling currency to its customers. The mid-market rate is the "real" exchange rate you see listed on Google and Reuters.
The company also charges a transaction fee on all transfers, which varies depending on where you're sending money and the type of transfer you select.
Unimoni allows you to transfer money to more than 190 countries. Supported currencies include:
- INR Indian rupees
- PHP Philippine pesos
- PKR Pakistani rupees
- LKR Sri Lankan rupees
- BDT Bangladeshi taka
- USD US dollars
- EUR Euros
- GBP British pounds
What types of transfers can you make with Unimoni?
Unimoni offers two types of transfers for Australian customers:
- Online money transfer. You can send a transfer directly to your recipient's overseas bank account through the Unimoni website or mobile app.
- Cash payout. You can send an instant cash transfer to 200,000 cash collection locations around the world. This service is offered in conjunction with Xpress Money and MoneyGram. Your recipient can collect the funds by visiting the nominated cash pick-up location and providing photo ID and the transaction reference number.
- Instant bank transfers. Unimoni's FLASHremit service offers fast transfers to your recipient's bank account. This option is only available for selected countries.
How long does a transfer with Unimoni take?
Transfer speeds will vary depending on the delivery method you've selected.
- Cash payout transfer. Almost immediately
- Bank account transfer. 2–3 business days
Which payment methods does Unimoni accept?
There are three ways to pay for your transfer with Unimoni:
- Internet transfer
- POLi Payments
Is Unimoni safe to use?
- Regulation: Regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Established: 1980
- Customers: 15 million
- Reviews: Trustpilot TrustScore of 9.6/10 from 927 reviews
- Security: 128-bit SSL encryption used
Unimoni Australia is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). It is also listed on the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) Remittance Sector Register. Unimoni is part of UAE Exchange Group (UX Holdings Limited), which is a company incorporated under the laws of Dubai International Financial Centre.
Unimoni guarantees the safety of your money and information when sending an online transfer. It uses SSL encryption to secure transactions and Unimoni Australia is reportedly monitored by Norton Secured powered by VeriSign.
How does Unimoni make money?
Unimoni makes money in two ways:
- By charging a nominal fee on all transfers
- By adding a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate. This margin is commonly between 0.5% and 1%, but can be higher in some cases.
How to register an account
How do I make an international money transfer with Unimoni?
Here's what you'll need to do to send money overseas with Unimoni:
- Visit the Unimoni website and log in to your account.
- Choose whether you want to send a bank transfer or a cash payout transfer.
- Add your recipient's name, contact details and bank account details (if required).
- Enter the amount and currency you want to send.
- Choose your payment method.
- Review all transaction details and click "Send" to finalise your transfer.
What is Unimoni?
Unimoni is a global money transfer, foreign currency exchange, credit solutions and payment provider. It is part of the UAE Exchange group of companies, which was founded in 1980 and has its headquarters in Abu Dhabi. The group operates in 31 countries around the world and has served more than 15 million customers.
In Australia, UAE Exchange and Money2Anywhere re-branded to the Unimoni Australia moniker in 2018.
In a nutshell
- Competitive exchange rates. Use Unimoni's online exchange rate calculator to see how its rates compared to those offered by other transfer services.
- Payout options. You have the flexibility of sending either a bank account deposit or cash pick-up transfer.
- Easy to use. Unimoni's online platform is easy to navigate and use.
- Wide range of currencies supported. Unimoni allows you to send overseas transfers to more than 110 currencies.
- Limited fee information. If you want to calculate the fees and charges that will apply to your transfer, you'll first need to sign up for a Unimoni account.
- Can only pay from your bank account. If you want to pay for your transfer with your credit/debit card or cash, you'll need to consider using a different transfer service.
How does Unimoni compare to other providers?
More guides on Finder
MasterRemit allows you to transfer your money quickly in a range of currencies.
Review: TransferMate international money transfers
Learn about how TransferMate’s personal product works and what it can do for you.
iRemit international money transfers review
Make simple and small transfers to the Philippines through the IREMITX app.
How do international money orders work?
Using international money orders to send money overseas? Learn about better options.
Money Transfer Finder®
Our picks for the best ways to send money internationally.
How does PayPal.Me work?
Learn how to create a custom link for your PayPal account and what you can use it for.
SingX promo codes and discounts
If you’re looking to save some cash the next time you send money overseas, check out our up-to-date SingX promo codes.
We've unpacked the most recently available data from the World Bank to get an idea of how much money is being sent around the globe.
Western Union vs MoneyGram
To find the best rate for your next money transfer, check out our comparison of the fees, exchange rates and transfer speeds of Western Union and MoneyGram.
Review: SingX international money transfers
Your guide to international money transfers with SingX, including exchange rates, fees and safety.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
New customers get their first transaction for free with code FIRSTFREE. T&Cs apply.
Send money in minutes at competitive exchange rates with this Australian money transfer service.
Ask an Expert