Have 24-hour access to emergency funds and only pay for what you use with the St.George Unsecured Personal Overdraft
If you’re looking for peace of mind when it comes to your fluctuations in your cash flow, then you may want to consider the Unsecured Personal Overdraft from St.George. This account gives you an unsecured line of credit up to $20,000 that’s attached to your St. George transaction account, with the interest rate only being applied to any money you actually use.
From 14.99% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
Things to consider about the St.George Unsecured Personal Overdraft
This is an unsecured credit facility offered by St.George Bank, so you won't need to attach an asset in order to take advantage of it. Although, as the facility needs to be attached to an account, you will need to have a St.George transaction account. If you don't have a Complete Freedom account, you can apply for one when you fill out an application for the overdraft.
The interest rate on this account is variable and the account has no set term, meaning greater flexibility when it comes to this form of credit. The minimum credit limit available is $500 with the maximum being $20,000, and you're able to access your credit limit any time as it's conveniently attached to your transaction account.
Features of the St.George Unsecured Personal Overdraft
This personal overdraft comes with a range of features:
- Interest rate. When you use the funds in your overdraft facility, you'll be charged at a variable rate of 14.99% p.a.
- Repayments. Repayments on this facility are flexible. There are no set repayment terms and the outstanding amount is payable on demand.
- Overdraft term. The overdraft has no set term, with the funds working similar to a line of credit. The account also has no expiry date and will stay active until you close it or close your transaction account.
- Credit limits. You're able to set up a facility that will allow you to overdraw amounts of between $500 and $20,000, with the amount you're approved for depending on your financial situation.
- Account access. You'll have access to your funds 24 hours a day, seven days a week as your overdraft is linked directly to your transaction account.
- Online banking. You can manage your overdraft account, as well as your transaction account, through St.George's online banking facility.
- Fees. There's $0 fee to establish this overdraft, although you will be charged an ongoing monthly administration fee of $5.
How to apply
To apply, you don't have to be an existing St.George customer, but if you don't have a transaction account with them you'll need to set one up when applying. New and existing customers will need to be over the age of 18 and permanent Australian residents to apply.
- Employer's name and contact details
- Details of your income, assets, savings and investments
- Your credit and store cards and their limits
- Details of your expenses
- One personal reference including their name, address and phone number
- Recent tax information if you're self-employed
Compare other personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.